• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mario World Xtreme Beta

Reactions: Chenzi420666
So here it is, THE Mario Jump&Run for Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne...
Mario sounds, Mario music, Mario models and even Mario arrow key gameplay are just some of the features of Mario World Xtreme which is playable with up to 6 players at LAN and Battle.Net.

The map contains four very different levels and one boss level, player red can simply change the levels by typing the level password in the chat.
"big fat castle" - Level 2
"playing with fire" - Level 3
"blub blub blub" -Level 4
"bowser must die" - boss level

The unprotected version of this map can be downloaded here

If you host this map at Battle.Net, you should be patient with downloaders due to the big file size of the map (~3,0 MegaByte). In addition to that, you should use a delay reducer, because the standard latency of 250 in Battle.Net (and even 100 in LAN) is much too high for a arrow key movement system. I suggest a delay between 50-100.

skins/models by: Dan van Ohllus, Werewulf, GreyArchon, doom_legion, FreiBier, Callahan, Olof Moleman
Mario/Luigi model by Unknown, animations by shinigami12

Please keep in mind that this is only a beta version, you may mail any bugs or suggestions to [email protected]

[pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41174d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-1.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41174d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-1.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41175d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-2.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41175d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-2.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41176d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-3.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41176d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-3.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41177d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-4.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41177d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-4.jpg[/pimage][pimage=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41178d1225494976-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-5.jpg]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f564/41178d1225494976t-mario-world-xtreme-beta-level-5.jpg[/pimage]

v1.06:
-map works with wc3:tft version 1.23 at Battle.Net/LAN now
-replaced Mario/Luigi (model by Unknown, animations by shinigami12)
-reduced file size by 200KB

v1.05 (hotfix):
-increased shark's and bullet bill's attack range
-fixed broken internet links, uploaded everything to hiveworkshop because my old webspace is down

v1.04:
-added lives-system
-slightly changed interface, showing number of monsters killed as gold, number of lives as wood and level number as food;
-fixed minor level 2 terrain bug that occured if number of players was 4
-uploaded a protected version to reduce file size by 200kb! The unprotected version can also be downloaded at hiveworkshop (yes, it stays open source - human knowledge belongs to the world! )

v1.03:
-fixed level 4 glitch (thanks to ThatGuy43 for reporting!!)
-fixed level 4 player 2-6 bullet bill bug

v1.02:
-corrected position of the last pipe at level 1
-created and added arrow model for level 2 pipes
-changed position of level 4 cannon pipes closer to the other pipes, because they were not meant to block
-reduced map's file size by converting wav->mp3

v1.01:
-fixed koopa shell bug
-fixed camera direction bug which occured in multiplayer when a player left
-hopefully fixed pipe jumping bug in multiplayer which made Mario still keep his height after leaving a pipe
-corrected level 2 pipe (side) position at the beginning
-added kick option for player 1 (red) (press ESC)

Keywords:
mario, jump and run
Contents

Mario World Xtreme Beta (Map)

Reviews
14:52, 3rd Feb 2009 MasterHaosis: Nice Mario map. [APPROVED]

M

14:52, 3rd Feb 2009
MasterHaosis: Nice Mario map.
[APPROVED]

Level 5
Hi... i like the map, my rewiev:

possitive things:

+Very cool sounds - skins - models and controls
+Cool enemis

Negative things:

-i think is too much time to revive.. and put lives, five for example... if you loose five, lose :p
-Some points sistem? like coins or someting...
-Any power? like drop balls from the orriginal mario :p

4, Reccomended :D

Level 2
Negative things:
-i think is too much time to revive.. and put lives, five for example... if you loose five, lose :p
-Some points sistem? like coins or someting...
-Any power? like drop balls from the orriginal mario :p

4, Reccomended :D
Thanks for your advice! I haven't put lives because this can be very unfair if you play multiplayer and die too often just because of lags...but I think I will add a gamemode with lives later so the host can choose :) I know that there is no point system at the moment, I am planning to create a multiboard which always keeps you up to date with informations and give points on how fast someone finishes a level (for example 4 players, first one 4 points, second one 3 points,.., last one one point). Adding powers could be difficult because I haven't made a movement system for multiple platforms, just for ground and water. I would have to rewrite everything (again :D)...^^

Well, this is just the first beta, I first wanted to make everything run well with not so many bugs, but I still know some minor bugs that will be fixed soon.(for example the first ghosts at level 2 sometimes completely stop walking for no reason or koopa shells get started and stopped with just one jump so nothing happens). I also know that level 4 has not many sounds, I want to add at least a sound for bullet bill and one for submarine movement.

And now, before someone asks, the explanation how Peach can resurrect people in level 5 when she is behind the door: Peach is not directly resurrecting, she is just a part of a dream which gives the player new motivation to save her. I hope you accept this explanation ^^

So long,
ImmortalWisp

Attachments

• 3,2 MB Mario World Xtreme Beta 1.06 unprotected.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Level 5
haha ok, anymode, i say again, you work is amagazin the map is expectacular, soo crazyy
i play it on eurobattle and the unic big problem was the lag... but whe play the same level for more than 30 mins haha

good luck, att:
kamermanbr

Level 5
I am shocked at how small this map is yet how big the file is! Going to be very hard to host this on bnet, and looking at games with a big map with masses of interface having a smaller size than this, i am guessing it's not worth it :\ (the extras).

I was wrong (scroll down)

Last edited:
Level 2
After I downloaded it and put it in my collection of maps, it doesn't show up :/.

I cannot explain that, you definately put the map in your maps folder, looked for a 6 player map and also have the newest WC3 TFT ver.?

I am shocked at how small this map is yet how big the file is! Going to be very hard to host this on bnet, and looking at games with a big map with masses of interface having a smaller size than this, i am guessing it's not worth it :\ (the extras).

The map has costum interface, music, sound, map preview picture and lots of costum models which makes it so big and the file size cannot be reduced so easily without messing up the atmosphere. I already reduced too large skin files where possible and compressed most of the mp3 sounds. But even if the file size is so big I never had problems hosting it at Battle.Net and finding 5 other players patient enough to wait for download (Realm: Europe, I have DSL 3000). I will add more content to the map later (which will not increase the file size significantly), but at the moment I just want to optimize the current levels and gameplay.

Level 5
Forgive me for being so wrong, this map was beautiful, a classic 2d mario. The file size is still somewhat large, but i would pass that for the quality. Besides, it is most fun to play with friends in a priv game since u are usually having to wait for people to complete the level. At first i really saw it as a classic challenging game. Playing it a second time was pretty easy. I think you should add a bit more challenging features or levels, maybe incorperate a bit of strategy to it (like using a turtle shell to break a wall). Also, bowser is pretty easy once u understand the halfway point. The triple shells are very easy since the dark green ones override them all. The shell and spike turtle are a somewhat good idea but there probably should be more of an obstacle there. The fires are the easiest (even though they don't hurt bowser) I think they should either all go past mid point, or have 1-2 different color flames that go past half way point (hopefully, randomly generated orders). Charge was fairly easy once u understood the midpoint :p maybe randomly generate the side. I also thought power ups would be cool to make the map more challenging, strategical, and dynamic (and of course awesome :p) like fire ball mario. But great job with this classic 2d mario i was very shocked, 5/5 all the way. Next time make a co-op style Super Mario 64 ^^.

P.S. Pipes are a bit confusing for noobs since it looks like u are going backwards, should add an arrow pointing ------>(go this way)

Level 6
Hahaha it's so funny ! Good job man ! :xxd:

[+] Nice idea
[+] Nice systems
[+] Well made !

[-] Design of the map is not really really good :bored:
[-] You should import tilesets :wink:
[-] Please try to remake the system to jump over pipes, sometimes you have to try jumping 5-6 times to correctly jump :cry:

Keep up good work, and 5/5 oc course :thumbs_up:

Level 2
I don't know how to explain it in words, so I'll attach a replay. Oh yeah, I didn't have to press the left (or right if I were in another lane) arrow key after hitting the rapids.

Thanks for reporting, the bug should be fixed now!

[-] Design of the map is not really really good :bored:
[-] You should import tilesets :wink:

I already imported a costum tileset for level 2 (castle), but I cannot find good costum tilesets for level 1,3,4,5 at hiveworkshop that would be better than the original ones :( or better level dodoads (levels are only filled with the dodoads when there are less than 6 players). Do you have something special in mind what I could use to improve the design? In fact, I was a big looser in art when I went to school :)

Level 5
It would be cool if u add modes :p. So then we could get a more challenging game. Like normal/hard. I also still wish there were some power ups and strategy for some levels :|.

Level 2
Lives have been added now. I already finished version 1.04 in impossible mode ( 1 life ) in about 8 minutes, the replay can be downloaded here. I will make a multiboard now and a score system (giving bonusses depending on how fast someone finishes a level). Also, I will try to improve the movement system and terrain and when I'm done with that and no bugs were found, I maybe add more levels :) But since I am very busy with studying at the moment, this can take a lot of time until it's done. I hope I will be finished before Duke Nukem forever is released. Stay tuned :)

Edit: I uploaded screenshots for this map here to reduce the traffic of my private webspace... I hope I can prevent it from stopping service next month this way.

Attachments

• Level 1.jpg
    Level 1.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Level 2.jpg
    Level 2.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 1,027
  • Level 3.jpg
    Level 3.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 1,110
  • Level 4.jpg
    Level 4.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Level 5.jpg
    Level 5.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 971
Last edited:
Level 2
[+] Really good and funny map.

[-] The arrow keys don't function sometimes and I need to press them two times if I want to run in the other direction. (I lost about 40 lives because of that.)

4/5 until this is fixed (then 5/5).