• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps Approval Question -- and farewell message!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Firstly, I'm an airhead and made a thread like this one before, but apparently I have forgotten about the mechanics on increasing the chance of map approval.. My apologies if this thread had broken some rules.. anyway, Here goes..

My Opinion.
Most maps are pending because there are a huge array of maps being uploaded nowadays. I know even the moderators can only review a handful of maps at a time, and in some cases, the remaining maps are isolated and left behind. No offense, but this is true in certain cases. Use the map section Search function.

When I upload my maps, they are pending, it's ok, but in this case for a long period of time. It has been like that for more than a month yet it's at least decent to play and does adhere to the rules of map submission. I can bear the 'Pending' name tag maximum of a month and a half, and has gone beyond that. Thing is, it's isolated no doubt about it. I'm an impatient person, and the 'Pending' can really cut down the download count to half (or more), because people might think this map is not good but it might certainly be good to play. I know Wc3 gamers better than they know themselves and I have a long history of online gaming in Wc3, so gamers will make sure that the map that they are DLding is free of any bad stuff like desyncs and heavy lag, and too much bugs b4 they do the DL.. These days people want to make sure that Wc3 maps are good and decent..simply put, judging books by their own cover.

Only one map of mine got approved, I uploaded it a year ago, but things are different right now.

Are there ways to increase a map's chances of getting a proper review? (other than sending PM's to Mods, which I know is disturbing them alot already). I'm quite worried about that and gives me the sweat. I'll be developing better maps in the future but I don't know if this site is their rightful place unless I clear my doubts on this.

Lastly, It's good to be back:grin:, but I just came in to post this thread and make an inquiry, and I'm really busy this Xmas especially map-making and preparation for the festivities in our province. Sadly, I won't be active here for a very long time:cry: since I'm also busy helping out in TheHelper.net (and also hoping to become Moderator of the Anime Forum there). I could be active but internet connection is costly and can't afford to put more time on both sides. But don't worry, after some time, I will be active in THW again and helping out.. (At times I will visit the site, but only for downloading useful resources)

Before I finally leave, of course I will drop by to find useful replies..

Thanks in advance for those who know the answer!
~jonadrian619

Level 31
Hiveworkshop currently does not have any map moderator available due to reformation. The only admin that have the authority to approve/reject resources at this moment would be Rui.
Apart from that, map reviewing could took quite a time because the resources need to be ensure 100% free of bug that could possibly crash/fatal error wc3 and doesn't violate any rules.

Some map could took up to hours to be review or maybe even longer (4-6 hours). That is why priority usually been given to map that took lesser time to be review such as melee, mini-games and cinematic.

And to speed up the progress of approval, you could post your map description with all the necessary info at neat condition.

For your information, some crazy lunatic that are often delete and re-upload resources are part of the reason why map review progress slow down not to mention some rules violator that often upload 5-9 of the same map at once.

Level 7
Thanks a lot! (seriously)

I never knew that Rui was the only admin doing the reviewing. I only came to the site just now and didn't know anything about a reformation here... Plus there's a new Footman Wars genre in the Maps section. I got this info while searching in Google. This is good news for me and many Footy mapmakers!

Maybe after some time, the map moderation team will be back. Of course they will be back when I'll be back here..when I finish schooling as a sophomore and proceed to the next year level..

The reason why I'll not active for this long is because I need to make the rest of my maps and do a lot of important home study especially for the last grading of school this year, and mainly the stuff in TheHelper.net. I'm telling this to you guys so that you'll know I'm away and not lurking in THW!

Anyways thanks for the map approval info! I'll upload the maps that I'll make during that long period of time..

Bye!
~jonadrian619

Status
Not open for further replies.