1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mapping questions

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Polar_Bear, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Polar_Bear

Polar_Bear

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you do a map in 2D?
    And can you make it so models look at a excact point all the time ?

2. misuke

misuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean 2D? Warcraft is a 3D game. And you might wanna be specific with the point facing. I think there's a trigger to turn the turn and make it face a specific point of position of something.

3. Polar_Bear

Polar_Bear

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well the idea i had was making a map thats like the good old tekken game.
    Where you view it the same way and stuff..

4. Thunder_eye

Thunder_eye

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. misuke

misuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bad. I just didn't understand what Polar_Bear was talking about. Well, you can altar the camera, that way, it will look like 2D, well, sort of.

6. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Only use vertical slopes, and wrap the model's skins onto Elevators, thus making the units flat >.>

7. low-life

low-life

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Also field of view to low value for ismetric-like effect

8. Polar_Bear

Polar_Bear

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  9. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wc3 cant do everything, so I don't think you'll be able to do much more than mimic that.

10. ElectricSaiyan

ElectricSaiyan

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is an interesting idea...I've tried to do it myself, but fell short because of my lazyness : /
    I lifted the camera to look down at a bird's eye view, had a (non-leaky) trigger to constantly make units fall downwards...The point of this was to represent gravity. The idea was a Super Smash Brothers engine. I raised the cliffs for ground and also used flat modeled boxes textures as the side of walls for the floor. I placed a small, flat region on those walls. If a unit was in that region, it would not fall. To give the flat effect to units, I simply rotated them. That's where I ran into my problem...
    The unit's head is upward while facing left, but the unit is upside down while facing right. I was too lazy to make a seperate set of animations for facing right. You could try other techniques for units, but other than that, the idea of Tekken would take a bit of work.