• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mapping questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
What do you mean 2D? Warcraft is a 3D game. And you might wanna be specific with the point facing. I think there's a trigger to turn the turn and make it face a specific point of position of something.

Level 2
My bad. I just didn't understand what Polar_Bear was talking about. Well, you can altar the camera, that way, it will look like 2D, well, sort of.

Level 9
This is an interesting idea...I've tried to do it myself, but fell short because of my lazyness : /
I lifted the camera to look down at a bird's eye view, had a (non-leaky) trigger to constantly make units fall downwards...The point of this was to represent gravity. The idea was a Super Smash Brothers engine. I raised the cliffs for ground and also used flat modeled boxes textures as the side of walls for the floor. I placed a small, flat region on those walls. If a unit was in that region, it would not fall. To give the flat effect to units, I simply rotated them. That's where I ran into my problem...
The unit's head is upward while facing left, but the unit is upside down while facing right. I was too lazy to make a seperate set of animations for facing right. You could try other techniques for units, but other than that, the idea of Tekken would take a bit of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.