• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mapping Questions - New to the fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
  • Hi Hive Workshop <.< :ogre_icwydt:

[*]Seems this is like my first thread and my first day on hive workshop ,, :ogre_hurrhurr:

[*]I Came to ask 2 Questions :ctwist:

[*]1st : Can Somebody learn me how to make maps ? :goblin_good_job:

[*]2nd : all the maps that u play what program u use to play it ? :goblin_jawdrop:

[*]Cuz the program im using is really bad and all ppl just play dota on it :vw_death:

Thx For Ur Help <.< My Best Regards :xxd:

Level 11
To answer your first question: In order to create a map, you need to use Warcraft III World Editor. To learn how to actually execute the process of creating one is complicated...and I have found is better to learn through personal trial-and-error. If you wish to make a map, come up with an idea and then go find tutorials on this site on how to do the things you wish to accomplish (such as how to make the map look like it's under water...or a tutorial on basic triggers)

To answer your 2nd question: You use Warcraft III RoC or TFT. The first is the original (classic), while the second is the expansion. I recommend the expansion since most everyone has that. In order to make a map, you need Warcraft III World Editor, but do not worry, that comes with both the classic and expansion version.
Yes, people often play DOTA, but that is just the way Battle Net works. Lots of people play DOTA

Level 2
Whatever !

Thx for answering my 1st question i understanded .

But about my 2nd question i didnt understand , can u explain what u meant ?

Thx

Level 14
Level 2
Omg , Seriously Guys ...

Thanks for everything u gave me like advices , sites , :vw_love:

And Im serious in about making map :goblin_good_job:

I Just Wish It can be good , And i Promise u hive workshop :goblin_boom:

When Im Ready to make map its , Hive workshop will be the 1st site to have it :vw_sleep:

And Really thx again , I Will try to make map:fp: as fast as i can :vw_death:

And im Going To Try to make it good And thx very much again ^___^ :ogre_datass:

Level 9
just a small offtopic thing ^^

colors and bold letters are for highlighting words or sentences....not for a complete text....

and dont spam smileys :vw_wtf::vw_sad::vw_sleep::vw_unimpressed::vw_death::vw_love::goblin_yeah::goblin_cry::goblin_good_job::goblin_jawdrop::goblin_sleep::goblin_wtf::goblin_boom::ogre_rage::ogre_love::ogre_kawaii::ogre_icwydt::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_haosis::ogre_frown::ogre_datass::grin::wink::thumbs_up::fp::xxd::thumbs_down::eekani:

its look bad ^^ i hope you got what i mean xD (i know i carried it to excess but that was meant for making it clear ^^)

Level 2
Alright XD i wont Promise again xD

But guys i wanted to ask 1 question more ,

cant somebody get me another easier tutorial , cuz the one u gave me has some complicted words that i dont understand , btw im 11 years and english isnt my main lanuage , i know that age doesnt mind and i understand english good but , the tutorial said some things that i cant find in world editor and things i cant understand , so can u bring me another 1 easier ? thxxxxx

and ya sorry for spamming emotions hehe

Level 14
Perhaps something like this can help you out?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/basic-mapping-video-tutorial-38972/

After that it might be usefull to start off creating a simple map like a maze.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/making-maze-117136/

And ofcourse if you want to learn more you should take a look in the tutorials section on hiveworkshop.
Lots of information can be found there to learn everything you need to know in order to create warcraft 3 maps.

Warcraft III Tutorials

Here is another great place to learn a thing or two:

thehelper.net World Editor Tutorials

And here is another great place to learn even more:

wc3c.net Tutorials

If you encounter any problems or have any questions, feel free to ask us anything about the world editor on World Editor Help Zone
I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.