• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Map works but players can't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
After finishing the alpha version of my map, my friends and I quickly realized none of us could join it over LAN. We are all on the most recent version of warcraft, and have allowed permissions on all warcraft related folders. The lobby will crash for the hosting player anytime a player tries to join it, and it gives the connecting player the error "failed to receive data". The game works fine inside the test map launcher, as well as when a player hosts it by themselves on LAN (besides no one being able to join it).

It is worth noting that we do not have any other connectivity issues with other maps. We played a handful of custom maps after failing to test my map, all of which worked perfectly fine and had no issues.

Attachments

• Super Big Huge Fight Map final pre alpha.w3x
    331.4 KB · Views: 32

~El

Level 17
After finishing the alpha version of my map, my friends and I quickly realized none of us could join it over LAN. We are all on the most recent version of warcraft, and have allowed permissions on all warcraft related folders. The lobby will crash for the hosting player anytime a player tries to join it, and it gives the connecting player the error "failed to receive data". The game works fine inside the test map launcher, as well as when a player hosts it by themselves on LAN (besides no one being able to join it).

It is worth noting that we do not have any other connectivity issues with other maps. We played a handful of custom maps after failing to test my map, all of which worked perfectly fine and had no issues.

This is a current bug with LAN, where you cannot download maps when you join a lobby hosted there. Make sure both players have the same map before trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.