• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Updater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Good evening.
I have played some good maps on v. 1.24.
Now they don't work.
Is there any program that can update maps or smth like that?
Sorry if i have posted this thread in wrong forum.

Level 1
Of course i have 1.26!
Mapmaker has closed developing.
I have maps from 1.24 and i want to convert them on 1.26

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The good old example of it.
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h // I think this is correct order
    return 0
endfunction

This function had identical behaviour to the GetHandleId function but was slower. GetHandleId was added to compensate for the removal of the type casting exploit (the above function will now throw a syntax error).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
it wasnt slower
I recall people at WC3C saying it was slower than GetHandleId, but not that much slower. This is probably due to it being a native while the other was a function. I do agree that resolving the function name used to be faster as H2I is a lot shorter than GetHandleId and JASS interprets every name every time it is referenced.

Fix all the triggers that used the return bug (typecasting exploit) to use the features now available to us. That is the only way.

Some maps that did not use that exploit have also stopped working after certain patches.
Usually to fix these maps it's enough to open the map in the newest version of world editor and save them with that editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.