1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map Size

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by cello1993, May 23, 2006.

1. cello1993

cello1993

Resources:
    Resources:
    My map have 9 MB and i can't host it because he is too big ! If i compact his file i will can host it ?
    (How i compact?)

2. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If your map is oversized (5mb+), you can PM VGsatomi and he can upload it for you.

3. cello1993

cello1993

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry my ignorance, but whats PM and VGsatomi ??

4. Matt540 sheep god!

Matt540 sheep god!

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your kindding me...you REALLY dont know?

Pm is private message...kinda like whispering on bnet.

Vgsatomi is the most well respected and known member on the site. He is a member of the US army, and the site admin in Darkys time of absence. He alone is taking care of the site while darky sits around playing Wow instead of seeing how many people miss him...

5. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I have cleared this up an infinite amount of times to the users. Darky is not "gone", in the sense of the word that he is uncontactable and will return in an indefinite amount of time. He will not return, but he is not gone. If a user needs me to tell Darky something, or if there is an urgent site issue that must be reported, I contact Darky on WoW and he fixes said urgent issue. Usually.

Go to your PM Inbox, by clicking "You have no new messages" on the bar above this thread. From there, send VGsatomi a PM, and he will send back instructions regarding how to submit your map.

Oh, and Darky still pays for the site.

6. cello1993

cello1993

Resources:
    Resources:

i sent a message to him but he isnt tellling me anything about how host a oversized map :(

7. Phendranan

Phendranan

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can not host a map over 5 MB. No questions asked. You can try to downgrade the size with a map protector, usually they have options about cutting the stuff you don't need out. Check the tools section for those programs.