• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Resource Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Categories And Updates

The present map categories are:
  • Hero Defense
  • Defence
  • Melee
  • aos
  • Spell
  • Tag
  • Hero Siege
  • Template
  • ORPG
  • Starcraft
  • Survival
  • Role Playing Game
  • Defense
  • Mini-Game
  • Strategy
  • superior battlefield clone
  • racing
  • Life of a Peasant
What else would you suggest?

(It's POSSIBLE that Spell Maps MAY be given their own separate category.)

I have asked the Chieftain about marking ALL resources (not just maps) to indicate when the last update occurred. I know that he is going to take care of it for us, but he only has two hands and 24 hours per day.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hunter vs Hunted and Sheep Tag fall under the "Tag" section since that is basicly what they are.

Tower Wars and Tower Defense and Maul fall under the defence section.
REMOVE the other "defense" section, 1 should do.

Footmen Wars falls under the stratergy section.

Campaign is a good idea though.

Level 18
Hunter vs Hunted
Footmen Wars
Tower Wars
Tower Defense
Maul
Campaign
Sheep Tag

Just to name a few and it's good to hear about the updates feature!

I quote myself, Mechanical. I suggested Campaigns!! And no, Dr. Super, Hunter vs Hunted is not "basically" tag. Look at my map Against the Darkness- that is completely different than Tag.

Level 18
why can't people learn that when submitting a map, you define your own category?

No need to be so hostile, Ralle. If you have submitted a map you know that certain category labels wont work.

e.g. I cannot label my maps category as Hunter vs. Hunted, it simply will not stay.

And even if we could it would still help to have more mainstream categories of maps on the search feature. It wouldn't hurt, but only help with making a map search easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.