• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Refuses to detect Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have no idea what the heck happened but no events whatsoever are being detected in my map. They worked fine up until today and so I'm seriously confused about what may be going on. I'm going to upload my map (wholly incomplete) and if anyone with more experience than I could please take a look at it and try to help me figure out what happened that would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• World.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
Level 2
Yes they do and I was able to recover an earlier version of this same map where the old functions (which are unchanged to the posted version) work. The only thing I added was a lot of global variable integer arrays (size 300) and a few initialization lines to begin setting those globals (it was for a custom equipment system). I would still like to know why it stopped working so that I can avoid this in the future. Is it possible that because I had so many variables dimensioned my laptop ran out of memory? I would think that would return some kind of fatal error. Any help would still be much appreciated.

Again: No event in the above posted map is being detected by the warcraft engine. Not even elapsed game time or periodic event. So something has to be really screwed up.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The init script is hitting the opt limate. Thus the events are never initialized so ofcourse nothing happens.

Do not initialize arrays with 300 size. Make them as small as possiable (1) and then just use 300 indexes (all arrays default to all 0-8191 indexes available for use).

Status
Not open for further replies.