• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Missing from Create Game List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all! I hope this is the correct place to post this and that it hasn't been discussed before (couldn't find it).

Recently returned a couple months ago from being away for years and wanted to play an old map I made, and then someone edited (with my permission).

Anyways, the map is in the download folder (in documents/etc) with all the other maps, but since the recent patch it won't show up in the create game list. It showed up fine before the most recent patch.

I noticed that the other map the editor made also doesn't show up in the list and am now curious if a certain type of map protection disallows wc3 from recognizing these maps.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I've tried opening it with an MPQ editor and adding a list file, but have no idea how to rebuild it.

P.S. all the originals are gone (new computer since then) and I've lost contact with the editor. Here's the map if anyone's interested: EA v0.80a - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Status
Not open for further replies.