• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Exit in case of 1.31 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I don't know where exactly to post it to help ppl who might experience the same issue: but beware: the new WorldEdit reads older trigger comments as triggers, and if you happen to use the same name for the comment as for the trigger itself, it reads the entry multiple times.
I then deleted the comments and suddenly got compile errors: the editor deleted the gg_TriggerName (for the comment!) and my trigger somehow was undeclared. No matter what I did to the trigger, the result was the same.
I copy-pasted all lines from that one to a freshly created trigger and deleted the original one to resolve the issue.

Update 1: also, enabling/disabling random seed in cinematic mode now messes up so many things...
Avoid these (or their variants):
set bj_cineModeSavedSeed=GetRandomInt(0,1000000)
call EnableUserUI(true)

Update 2: It works, just be more careful with your actions' order. Old WE tolerated some inconsistencies, but the latest version is more strict about the execution order.

Update 3: Using "channel" for all your custom made spells is even more important now. Check all your loose old spells which you carelessly created via regular spell modification, or be surprised that your custom target area spell (based off flamestrike) kills units in the area, even when the associated buffs and orders have been replaced.

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I don't know where exactly to post it to help ppl who might experience the same issue: but beware: the new WorldEdit reads older trigger comments as triggers, and if you happen to use the same name for the comment as for the trigger itself, it reads the entry multiple times.
I then deleted the comments and suddenly got compile errors: the editor deleted the gg_TriggerName (for the comment!) and my trigger somehow was undeclared. No matter what I did to the trigger, the result was the same.
I copy-pasted all lines from that one to a freshly created trigger and deleted the original one to resolve the issue.

Update 1: also, enabling/disabling random seed in cinematic mode now messes up so many things...
Avoid these (or their variants):
set bj_cineModeSavedSeed=GetRandomInt(0,1000000)
call EnableUserUI(true)

Update 2: It works, just be more careful with your actions' order. Old WE tolerated some inconsistencies, but the latest version is more strict about the execution order.

Update 3: Using "channel" for all your custom made spells is even more important now. Check all your loose old spells which you carelessly created via regular spell modification, or be surprised that your custom target area spell (based off flamestrike) kills units in the area, even when the associated buffs and orders have been replaced.

Welp I guess I have to be careful on the altered melee map I'm making, thankfully I don't have much trigger comments yet. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.