• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Map Idea] Escape from the Cockatrice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi, this came into my head while i was on wikipedia while making my logo (That my friend draw) and HappyCockroach says he will make a model for it, so why not make a map. and i also read this:

[edit] Abilities
Its reputed magical abilities include turning people to stone or killing them by either looking at them — "the death-darting eye of Cockatrice"[6] — touching them, or sometimes breathing on them.

It was repeated in the late-medieval bestiaries that the weasel is the only animal that is immune to the glance of a cockatrice. It was also thought[citation needed] that a cockatrice would die instantly upon hearing a rooster crow. According to legend,[citation needed] having a cockatrice look itself in a mirror is one of the few sure-fire ways to kill it. The cockatrice was also able to fly with the set of wings affixed to its back.[citation needed]

Like the head of Medusa, the cockatrice's powers of petrification were thought still effective after death.

And why not make a survival map that first you need to get wood and stone to make a hatchet then you will have to mine some ores. And after you got around 30 ores, 100 wood you will be able to make yourself a small hut. While you are in your hut, you will hear a scream (Sound) from a drake. Then you ge to a cinematic. in the cinematic you will go out and see whats going on. And in the cinematic, your survivor will run into a cave and Inside the cave its some recources. Your Survivor will pick them up and you will see that he starts to build a gigantic door. the other players (If multiplayer) Will also end up in a cavern. But its the same cavern just different exits. Then you and your team will have to hunt Only in Daytime. for Weasels to get their fur and make clothes of it (Attachments)

And then you and your friends must gather resources to make armor and weapons to figth against the Cockatrice. You will be able to tame bears. and you migth face alot of angry animals. So you and your friends will have to set up traps.

I hope someone liked this idea

(Move if wrong forum)

EDIT: Something off topic but from wikipedia, migth be an idea xD
The cockatrice is also a slayer monster from the game RuneScape. Players need to wear a Mirror Shield to protect themselves from their gaze, otherwise their attacking skills would drop to dangerous levels and die an untimely death. It is also available as a familiar that you can summon, along with "Guthatrice, Saratrice, and Zamatrice". In the 2007 Easter event, the character is accompanied by a "Chocatrice" whose ability is turning certain creatures to chocolate; after the mini-quest, the character gains an item called the Chocatrice Cape" which allows them to turn into a large egg for two seconds.

Level 15
in fact, sometimes cocatrice is cocnidered an another name for basylisk.

good idea btw. the map would also need some dark atmosphere, depressing music and some hissing/slithering sounds at night

Level 15
turn cave to ancient ruined dungeon (Flayer Dungeon from act III)
oh, right, almost forgot - there were some sweet sick spider-filled dungeons in Act III too - just what you need - some creepy spiders in addition to the terrible monster =))

Level 3
I sense potential for placing more emphasis on building traps and obstacles to stave off impending doom. The players could get lost in the labyrinth of caves or ruins as they seek to escape the cockatrice. If the normal beasts are particularly dangerous and aggressive, then exploration and setting up barricades and safe-houses would be challenging, as well.

The cockatrice could be nearly unstoppable, relentlessly attacking the players at regular intervals and forcing them to abandon their camp and find a new safe spot elsewhere. Learning the layout of the maze would be a challenge as they stumble across hidden tunnels and breakaway doors (possibly ones left behind by previous bands of survivors).

Learning to manage resources and supplies while staying on the move would be essential to survival, moreso than bunkering in and slaying hordes of enemies.

This could be particularly interesting if it incorporated a random maze generator.

Level 15
regarding the maze - you can make a changing labyrinth with Rock Chunks and Rolling Stone Doors so it is nearly impossible to remember the path. you can do it for the forest/jungle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.