• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request Cockatrice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I was wondering if someone is willing to make a model of Cockatrice for me. I saw there is no Cockatrice in the forum, and thought it will be useful not only for me but also some other people. Beside dragons or birds, I think we still lack air units :)

There is the image of Cockatrice:

Cockatrice_concept.jpg

Maybe it can be done by merging two models (head of dragonhawk and body of wyvern) or if someone can make it from scratch, it will be great. I need that monster for my custom race. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Well, it's ok. Feel free to do it whenever you have leisure time. I just improvised using a nice skin of dragonhawk
It can serve as a 'temporary' model of a cockatrice until I got a better one
Thanks for your response :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I would highly suggest putting that image (and any others that are that big in the future) in "hidden" tags so as to keep it from stretching out the page for certain (i.e. 'me' :p) viewers.

That being said, I highly approve a Cockatrice/Basilisk model being made; it would totally fit the mythological vibe of Wc3, and is a neat unit besides. Even better, you gave suggestions for it to be made (that aren't half-bad). Just don't forget "wings of the Bat(rider)".

Level 4
oh yeah, sure I'll do that in the future...sorry for the long reply :D

well, so far I have been using a dragonhawk skin I got from here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/bloodelfdragonhawk-blp-166007/?prev=search%3Ddragonhawk%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

I manipulated a bit using MDXpather and a riderless dragonhawk model, and huplaa... I got quite fearsome cockatrice, its green skin makes it look poisonous, I think it will serve until someone makes the real cockatrice

Do I need permission in manipulating the skin and model? I do not plan to publish it, however
It's just there to give me the feel of having a cockatrice, thanks to Dentothor who made the skin :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hey, that's not a bad idea (though I'm using that skin elsewhere, hopefully).

Yeah, it's common courtesy to ask permission, but basically unless you're uploading, most artists don't care too much.

Good luck! I'd love to see this done, and done right (though heck, a little mesh/anim-editing of the Riderless Dragonhawk is probably one of the best ways to go).

Level 4
Hey, that's not a bad idea (though I'm using that skin elsewhere, hopefully).

Yeah, it's common courtesy to ask permission, but basically unless you're uploading, most artists don't care too much.

Good luck! I'd love to see this done, and done right (though heck, a little mesh/anim-editing of the Riderless Dragonhawk is probably one of the best ways to go).

See...because of your supports, Edge45 decided to make me a cockatrice! What luck! Thanks :D

If you are using a custom skin, why not editing the original instead? After all the layout is still the same.

The truth is, I still have to learn much about editing skins or modelling.... I am a real newbie in this area :D
So far I only use GIMP to edit the skins, and I am trying to familiarize myself with it

Whoah, I almost forgot about this thread, well I have the cockatrice, but its not finish, not even like the cockatrice I guess and has no portrait yet,

Oh, my.... Thank you Edge45 :) this is awesome, I'll see it in my WEdit....
It's okay, I can search the tutorial on creating portrait .mdx
I don't think it is difficult

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Whoah, I almost forgot about this thread, well I have the cockatrice, but its not finish, not even like the cockatrice I guess and has no portrait yet,
Hey, not bad. I guess this is the part where I say "D'oh!"... Since this model, while cool, is almost entirely different then what I was thinking of when I heard "cockatrice". Y'know, more like a freaky scaly Chicken with a serpent-y tail & such. Still, nice of you to fill this out for the guy. : )

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Isn't there that Robotic Chicken model, from... Ohhhh. Heart of Storms. xD

Well, isn't that originally from WoW? So alternatively someone can whip up a quick little mini-chicken mesh, and then we can use the WoW-(robot)-chicken animations for the little bugger. 'Swhat I had to do for my Troll Raptor Rider (since no good "raptor" anims were available)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I looked at Heart of Storms model, there was no robotic chicken so I have no idea what are you talking about.

As far as I remember, I haven't seen such model being shown in HoS ;/
I have archives of (nearly) all the threads; it's in the Techtree thread for the Ironforge Alliance's "Gnomish Technomage" hero; his ultimate summons 3 deadly robotic chickens. I'm fairly certain I've seen some concept art/model WIPs as well.

But it's not necessarily public knowledge, no. : )

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
And how does this robotic chicken look like?
I believe he looks like this;
chix.jpg

However, I am beginning to think I was mistaken; this image looks like the image I saw way-back-when, and it's actually from WoW.

I'm fairly certain the Robot Chicken plays a part in HoS, but we'll have to see what the actual model looks like.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.