• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Map Crashes when Creating Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set temp_point = (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Unholy Frenzy (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Triggering unit)
      • -------- - - - - --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_point )

It's a very simple map and I have experimented with a variety of things but can't figure out what's causing the crash. It simply creates a dummy that casts unholy frenzy on a unit that enters a region.

If I spawn some other unit, like an acolyte, rather than the dummy unit I can get it to run a few times before crashing but it still does it after a few runs. Any ideas?

Attachments

• crashMap.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 45
Level 4
Giving your dummy caster locust will also disallow the unit from triggering "enters region" events.

Very good to know. And thanks to IcemanBo for the quick tip as well.

This explains the behavior. When I spawned regular units, they would give some collision (pushing the triggering unit away) to stop the loop before the memory went nuts.

Edit: Marked solved.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.