• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Mana Bomb Help with trigger please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well ive been away for along time and forget how to use World Editor its been 4 years :O

How could i make a trigger spell that takes the remaining mana your hero has and creates a Bomb of mana that does 100% damage = to amount of mana he has remaining it will drain all his mana and slow him down for 10 seconds its sort of like a last resort spell could you guys help me out and explain how i can make it thanks <3 :)

Level 3
you don't need any trigger bro, just use mana burn ability and make the Data - max mana drained = 99999
but i'm not sure you can change mana burn effect since it's a lightning effect
if you use trigger, maybe this can help

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Bomb
    • Actions
      • Set Mana_Unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Mana_Loc = (Position of Mana_Unit)
      • Set Mana_Real = (Mana of Mana_Unit)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Mana_Unit, dealing Mana_Real damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Set mana of Mana_Unit to 0.00
      • -------- Create dummy to slow the target --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Mana_Dummy for (Triggering player) at Mana_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • -------- I use purge based ability to slow the target --------
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Purge Mana_Unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Mana_Loc)
Hope the trigger above could help :D

Last edited:
Level 3
anything u use twice or more store into a variable and use that instead. example target unit of ability being cast. it is more efficient and faster when u use the variable.

Since it's not my spell, i'm too lazy to make the variable :D

Level 3
alright, i'll edit it soon
actually using "Target unit of ability being cast" is optional, after all it's a local

Edited!

Status
Not open for further replies.