• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Malygos Reforged

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Malygos was the Aspect of the blue dragonflight and one of the most ancient creatures living on Azeroth and the eldest of the Aspects.[5] Norgannon, the titan master-magician and keeper of lore, granted Malygos a portion of his vast power. From then on, Malygos would be known as the Spell-weaver, the guardian of arcane magic[6] and hidden arcanum.

Another Dragon Aspect for Reforged

6/4/2021: Add Malygos model and icons
28/4/2023: Update model to mdx format 1100, model now no longer crash when using both ingame+editor

If you don't know how to make an ability to transform Malygos into Dragon form or you just only want to you Dragon form and don't know how to do: WATCH my TURTORIAL in https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/nozdormu-reforged.331504/#post-3476168

Hope you enjoy this model
Previews
Contents

Dragon Malygos Reforged Icon (Icon)

Malygos Reforged (Model)

Malygos Reforged Icon (Icon)

Portrait (Model)

Good job! But does he was an elf in non dragon form?)
Wonderful job!
I really like all this creative models for Reforged. Infinite imagination.

Well done , 5/5
Yeah, Malygos' Humanoid form was a High Elf. This is actually very accurate to his look, good job on this model, Z1003. Can't wait to see the final Aspect.
Thank you all

Wonderful job!

Now Deathwing?:peasant-victory:
I will try on Deathwing but this aspect seem more difficult than the others:peasant-thinking:

Thank you all

I will try on Deathwing but this aspect seem more difficult than the others:peasant-thinking:
This is really cool. But after deathwing, have you ever thought about making a dragon that is stronger than all 5 dragon aspects combined?

(I'm not talking about Galakrond, although he's cool as an idea too. I'm talking about Chromatus, a 5-headed dragon with the power of every aspect)
:peasant-grin::peasant-grin:

Level 2
Hi There, Not sure if there is anything you can do about it. But it seems after a recent update to WC3 the malygos model crashes the game as soon as its on the field. And this is only happening with this specific model, on multiple maps ( as well as one other I have tried and had issues with is Aegwynn) out of nearly 50+ custom models.

I simply made a blank map and just had the custom unit created with only the one custom asset imported. Started a test and as soon as he spawned, game freezes up. The model looks fine and "seems" to work otherwise.

Beyond Blizzards updates that seem to have broke it, Job well done!!!

Level 3
Hi, cool model. However something about it is causing my w3editor to crash and now my map cannot open at all.

It's not a terrible travesty as I have just started this new project and haven't spent much time on it at all, just starting to import cool assets from Hive today. Alexstrasza seemed to work fine... so...

I feel like I must be missing something? I have a brand new computer. So... perhaps I have only the latest version of the game/editor. Could I be missing some older Asset Manager function that this requires? Should I have HD switched on in Asset Manager? (Doesn't it automatically switch to HD if my map is HD?)

Ah nice... I just read the post above by tayl986. What a relief... any fix yet? Any other dragon models doing the same thing?

Ummm.. so on a simple test map I have literally just Alex,Ysera,Nozdormu, and Deathwing imported (I avoided Malygos for now becuase of yesterday's issues). And now today when I go to open it, it wont open at all. What is the general state of the World Editor right now? Is it really buggy? I thought the recent patch finally gave us some stability...or again my previous question remains: If I just downloaded the latest World Editor that comes automatically with the most recent Warcraft 3 Reforged download because I am working on a brand new computer, could I be missing some feature?

Last edited:
Hi, cool model. However something about it is causing my w3editor to crash and now my map cannot open at all.

It's not a terrible travesty as I have just started this new project and haven't spent much time on it at all, just starting to import cool assets from Hive today. Alexstrasza seemed to work fine... so...

I feel like I must be missing something? I have a brand new computer. So... perhaps I have only the latest version of the game/editor. Could I be missing some older Asset Manager function that this requires? Should I have HD switched on in Asset Manager? (Doesn't it automatically switch to HD if my map is HD?)

Ah nice... I just read the post above by tayl986. What a relief... any fix yet? Any other dragon models doing the same thing?

Ummm.. so on a simple test map I have literally just Alex,Ysera,Nozdormu, and Deathwing imported (I avoided Malygos for now becuase of yesterday's issues). And now today when I go to open it, it wont open at all. What is the general state of the World Editor right now? Is it really buggy? I thought the recent patch finally gave us some stability...or again my previous question remains: If I just downloaded the latest World Editor that comes automatically with the most recent Warcraft 3 Reforged download because I am working on a brand new computer, could I be missing some feature?
This malygos model crash in world editor also, how to fix it right now?
As I understand due to some my experiments, after patch 1.33, Blizzard change the mdx format from version 1000 to 1100 and that lead to when some old version of model(model made before patch 1.33) in map, it will make world editor automatic crash but model don't have custom texture( some of my model like Garithos Unmounted, Thrall Dismounted, High Elf Archmage/ Human Archmage unmounted). Right now, I don't have any idea how to fix it( I still try to experiment from changing some my old model from version 1000 to 1100 but failed ) so I think,just wait for blizzard to fix it or someone like Retera/ twilac make RMS has function to change model format from 1000 to 1100

Last edited:
Level 3
As I understand due to some my experiments, after patch 1.33, Blizzard change the mdx format from version 1000 to 1100 and that lead to when some old version of model(model made before patch 1.33) in map, it will make world editor automatic crash but model don't have custom texture( some of my model like Garithos Unmounted, Thrall Dismounted, High Elf Archmage/ Human Archmage unmounted). Right now, I don't have any idea how to fix it( I still try to experiment from changing some my old model from version 1000 to 1100 but failed ) so I think,just wait for blizzard to fix it or someone like Retera/ twilac make RMS has function to change model format from 1000 to 1100

Im so sorry they screwed up your amazing work...