• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mall Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Story:
It is the year 2039 and a plague if slowly taking over counties. You and your platoon of marines are sent to a over run city to try and take it back. You were greatly outmatched, half your platoon was wiped out and the other half ran to hide in an abandoned mall. To get out you must do a series of missions.

List:
Terrain - |||||||||||||||||||| 100%
Missions - |||||||||||||||||||| 40%
Triggers - ||||||||||||||||||||50%
Items - |||||||||||||||||||| 20%

Testable

Features:
- Advanced AI
- Weapon System
- High Quality Terrain
- Unique Sound System
- Rank System
- Missions
- AI Director (Like Left 4 Dead)

My AI Goals:
Well i want this game to be very realistic and so everytime you play it will feel like you have never played it like this b4. The AI director will change alot of factors depending on different varibles. an Example is if your team is under alot of stress it might send a big horde toward your team. Or if it sees that you are alone it will send some zombies your way. Stuff like that. Also it will send hordes to attack the power room to cut off the power.

Pictures:
newzombiemap.jpg

More pictures coming soon.

THIS MAP IS NOT COMPLETED
AI director is not Implemented into this version

Attachments

• Mall Survival 1.0 Alpha.w3x
    2.8 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

My Review

Pro's:

-Awesome terrain
-Good soundtrack pick
-Good storyline
-AI worked well

Con's

-Camera is a bit weird to use...
-Only 1 thing to build, barricades (Not saying you need more but a defensive gun or something would be nice.)
-Took me awhile to figure out that I had to find the generator to start the zombie attack.
-Barricade's health is a bit low compared to 3 zombies attacking it.

Other then that good job ;)

*****I tried it on single player, xP died so fast...*****

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

xP, yeah definitely go get some more.
Yeah, I was lost for a few min until I found the generator.

btw, how did you get those logo's on screen at the beginning?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I imported both the images then faded in a filter

Did you haft convert them to .tga or .blp?

BTW, tested some more. When i went out to that balcony type room I couldn't get past the door for some reason. Possibly some pathing issues there?.

Level 9
um, terrain was very good however, i found lots of problems.

Barricades dont do anything zombies can walk through them.

My hero became invisible when i equipped a shotgun (it was just a shadow).

I couldnt equip another weapon once i had one equipped.

There was a wall in the upper right hand corner of map which you could walk straight through.

-ping option didnt seem to serve a purpose.

Suggestion:

I do not like the fact that you auto attack in this map, i would rather have an ability attack, but this isnt very important it is just a suggestion.
*end suggestion*

This map could be very good just iron out bugs and get more feedback.

Level 4
um, terrain was very good however, i found lots of problems.

Barricades dont do anything zombies can walk through them.

My hero became invisible when i equipped a shotgun (it was just a shadow).

I couldnt equip another weapon once i had one equipped.

There was a wall in the upper right hand corner of map which you could walk straight through.

-ping option didnt seem to serve a purpose.

Suggestion:

I do not like the fact that you auto attack in this map, i would rather have an ability attack, but this isnt very important it is just a suggestion.
*end suggestion*

This map could be very good just iron out bugs and get more feedback.

Ya im aware of all the trigger problems i just uploaded it so u guys could get a rough feel of the terrain. In the next version it will be more Playable.

And without the -ping you it wouldnt ping the location of your next mission. So you would have to find it manually.

You have a big problem with your resource spawn - it has no end!
This map is suffering from the same problems as Jungle Trolls, you have to count how many units of metal and wood are on the map before you spawn more, i ended up having the map totally spammed with resources causing massive lag.
It would also be a good idea to adapt the resource spawn to the number of active players.

Also, please ping the generator when you get the objective, it's a HUGE map, and i really don't want to explore the entire thing in order to find that lousy thing and get some action.

Finally, as someone mentioned, the barricades are crap. It's a good idea, but you have to be able to rely on them, i could just use them to stall the zombies for a while. And the barricades could build things of their own! They have the peasant build ability!
Make sure that your unit has the peasant based build, it sucks to see him dissapear into the barricade (while building while the item based barricades build themselves even!).

Try to make stuff like inventable traps, molotovs, bombs, maybe turrets and stuff from the things you find.

Level 4
You have a big problem with your resource spawn - it has no end!
This map is suffering from the same problems as Jungle Trolls, you have to count how many units of metal and wood are on the map before you spawn more, i ended up having the map totally spammed with resources causing massive lag.
It would also be a good idea to adapt the resource spawn to the number of active players.

Also, please ping the generator when you get the objective, it's a HUGE map, and i really don't want to explore the entire thing in order to find that lousy thing and get some action.

Finally, as someone mentioned, the barricades are crap. It's a good idea, but you have to be able to rely on them, i could just use them to stall the zombies for a while. And the barricades could build things of their own! They have the peasant build ability!
Make sure that your unit has the peasant based build, it sucks to see him dissapear into the barricade (while building while the item based barricades build themselves even!).

Try to make stuff like inventable traps, molotovs, bombs, maybe turrets and stuff from the things you find.

As i said before this map is just so u can get a feel for the terrain the map triggers are far from done

ANd how is the map huge? its like its almosted the smallest size u can pick

Level 4
Just uploaded a newer Version.

Also i Have a big problem with jump or any projectile. When u are casting it in the mall its all glitchy and laggy, but when u do it on the grass outside of the mall it is fine.

Im thinking it has somthing to do with the doodads being the floor.

any idea on how to fix this? +rep

Just uploaded a newer Version.

Also i Have a big problem with jump or any projectile. When u are casting it in the mall its all glitchy and laggy, but when u do it on the grass outside of the mall it is fine.

Im thinking it has somthing to do with the doodads being the floor.

any idea on how to fix this? +rep

I noticed that your floor tiles are seriously too small. If you plan to cover your entire map with 32x32s, you will end up with a lot of doodads.
Instead, try to get a modeler make a merged version of the tile, containing perhaps 3x3 of them, except in one single model. That would save you polygons (for the sides) and lots of doodad space (not to mention cpu!).

Level 14
Meh with fullhouse its laggy, so half of the players leave. Also, i noticed a bug.
I tried to jump over the doodads to get to the second floor at the left side of the generator, but suddenly i just flew outside, to the grass, and second time i flew OUT OF THE MAP :/.
But the terrain sure looks great.

Level 4
Meh with fullhouse its laggy, so half of the players leave. Also, i noticed a bug.
I tried to jump over the doodads to get to the second floor at the left side of the generator, but suddenly i just flew outside, to the grass, and second time i flew OUT OF THE MAP :/.
But the terrain sure looks great.

ya if u read the thread i said the jump is messed up, and its not playable yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.