• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Wheel of Fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey people , TwistedOne here , and I would like to present you my newest project (I'm new to the hive but it doesn't mean that I'm new at mapmaking)

wheel-of-fortune-2007-20060720035227807.jpg

Gameplay:

For gameplay , I am not 100% sure , should I make it AoS or Hero Arena . Each time the timer ends (probably 10 minutes) , 2 players (the one that did the highest and the other one , which did the lowest amount of damage) will enter a Wheel of Fortune which will start spinning for 5 seconds and after that , players will get prizes which will vary from the wheel's position . (it may be gold increase , gold lost , experience gained , stat points gained , stat points lost , disabled experience gain for some time and much more) . After players will get the "prizes" , game will continue and timer will restart (you get the point) ;]

Features:

Bounty system : Player's won't get any gold for killing units , they will get gold per each successful strike/spell that they will cast , more powerful the spells will be , more gold will be achieved . (thanks to Dr Super Good for making that system and Okunevic for sharing it)

Bosses:There will always be an epic boss awaiting for a challenge (bosses will have AI and will be fully scripted , also there will be at least 5 bosses that will appear randomly , so you won't have to fight the same boss all the time and you won't get bored of them easily)

Hero Refinery:Addition to item system , hero refinery will allow you to upgrade your heroes directly , increasing their damage , attributes or even spell effects , allowing you to have hundreds of uses for you hard earned money)

More info will be added soon

Team I am looking for :

A terrainer
AI maker (I'm not really pro with AI)
Artist (loading screen , minimap preview , wheel's pictures)
Idea/Suggestion givers
Anything else you can come up with :p

Level 9
It's an interesting idea, in some ways it's certainly unique.
I think it's good to offer the lowest scoring player an oppurtunity to possibly recover the distance between the stronger players.

I'm not sure if I would be much use but I wish you the best of luck :)
(And welcome to the Hive even if you aren't new to mapmaking)

Status
Not open for further replies.