• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 17
Hi everyone! Since my last update, I have been continuing development on Chapter 9. In additional to terrain changes, I have been working on the gameplay side of things and have completed 50% of the cutscenes. If all goes well, the initial version of the mission will be done in a month
Waiting patiently, with love.

Level 4
The current map I'm working on (chapter 9) is nearing the final stages of development. It's got primarily testing and the end boss fight left to do.
Will you update the items and add more legendary items? Perhaps a 100% change to drop one item with 25 change to drop 4 different ones? Maybe some secret tomes? Also if Faradrella is a dryad why she isn't immune to all spells...daughter of the demigod..a blessing??

Level 30
Will you update the items and add more legendary items? Perhaps a 100% change to drop one item with 25 change to drop 4 different ones? Maybe some secret tomes? Also if Faradrella is a dryad why she isn't immune to all spells...daughter of the demigod..a blessing??
Item changes are a possibility. I'll actually be removing randomized items from killing creeps as it does not work well in Warcraft 3 in comparison to a true RPG-styled game.
Adding spell immunity to a hero is op :goblin_boom:

Level 4
Item changes are a possibility. I'll actually be removing randomized items from killing creeps as it does not work well in Warcraft 3 in comparison to a true RPG-styled game.
Adding spell immunity to a hero is op :goblin_boom:
I have understand, still the orb of frost is too annoying on Illidan.. at least change that, will be changes in Highbourne campaigns?

Level 28
Greetings, Turnro. Is it possible for you to make the campaign playable for 1.29.2+ after completion of the Sentinel path?
I don't know but I would say 1.31 is still required to play it.
However, it is possible that you can play the campaign on Reforged with Quenching Mod if this campaign has been completed.

Level 30
I have understand, still the orb of frost is too annoying on Illidan.. at least change that, will be changes in Highbourne campaigns?

At what point in the campaign did you verse Illidan with the Orb of Frost?

There will potentially be changes made to the Evil story-path. I'm focusing on the Good story-path now before I get to that.

Greetings, Turnro. Is it possible for you to make the campaign playable for 1.29.2+ after completion of the Sentinel path?

It won't be easy to downgrade the campaign due to some of the maps themselves, but it will be considered before the full release.

Level 4
At what point in the campaign did you verse Illidan with the Orb of Frost?

There will potentially be changes made to the Evil story-path. I'm focusing on the Good story-path now before I get to that.

It won't be easy to downgrade the campaign due to some of the maps themselves, but it will be considered before the full release.
At the last chapter at the end he has orb of frost in inventory or am i playing the wrong version? Final battle before the end.

Level 30
At the last chapter at the end he has orb of frost in inventory or am i playing the wrong version? Final battle before the end.
I think you might be referring to the Orb of Slow Illidan has (similar item with same animation effect, but not as powerful). I suspect this was an early version thing as it does not make sense to give Illidan an orb item during a boss fight with no air units to fight.

Level 30
Hi all, development on Chapter 9 is now done! Although the map lacks external testing, all of the features of the map have been completed and working. My next task will involve working on the Dangerous Crossroads interlude, which should take about 2 to 3 weeks to complete. Until then, have a good one :)

chapter_9_good_sneak_peak.jpg

Level 3
hi turnro, let me express my exitement for your campaigns
but you are too slow in make malfurion quest good story and i waited for 2 years for anything about it and only one new chapter made that why please can you try make it a bit faster.

Level 30
Hi everyone! Earlier this year, I revealed my intentions to revise the Highborne tech-tree for balance reasons and to provide better utility. Some of these changes include Arcane Golems, Towers and Highmistress' when compared to their current state in v1.4b. Since then, I have revised some of my proposed changes based on testing and feedback:

BTNChaoticWaters.jpg
- Chaotic Waters upgrade now allows Mana Wells to replenish both mana and hit points

Reason for change: Mana Wells are often overlooked in usage due to being perceived by many players as an inferior version of Moon Wells. While the Highborne were designed to rely more on mana usage in comparison to other races, many players primarily used Moon Wells for the healing benefits more than mana. As a result, I've overhauled the Chaotic Waters upgrade to provide the ability for Mana Wells to replenish mana as well as hit points to friendly units. In light of this change, the increased mana capacity benefit from this upgrade has been removed (although the increased mana regeneration remains the same). Overall, the intention of this change is to increase the usage of Mana Wells without completely replacing their uniqueness in comparison to Moon Wells.
BTNClone.jpg
- Clone can no longer be cast on Heroes

Reason for change: I revealed earlier this year my intentions to nerf the Highmistress' Clone ability by reducing the damage dealt by cloned units as well as increasing its mana cost. After some time of testing and feedback, I have decided to scrap those changes and instead disallow Hero units from being cloned instead. This change was made as it was agreed the primary reason Clone was overpowered is due to being able to clone ultra-powerful Heroes, and overall feels like a more justifiable change without rendering the spell useless to cast on regular units.
BTNLightningBolt.jpg
- Power Discharge now longer deals damage and instead increased slowed movement on enemies

Reason for change: Based on further testing, I have decided to remove the damage dealing aspect of the Arcane Golem's Power Discharge ability in favor of making it a more utility-based spell. This spell already slowed enemy units attack and movement speed by 25%, and I will be buffing this to 50% to compensate for removing the damage dealt. At the moment, this spell feels more balanced as it allows Arcane Golems to tank enemy attacks better than before while relying on other Highborne units and spells to deal damage instead.

Finally, it is worth mentioning I also intend to revise the Sentinel tech-tree and their new units. I will be uncovering some of these intended changes in the coming months :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Hi everyone! Earlier this year, I revealed my intentions to revise the Highborne tech-tree for balance reasons and to provide better utility. Some of these changes included Arcane Golems, Towers and Highmistress' when compared to their current state in v1.4b. Since then, I have revised some of my proposed changes based on testing and feedback:

View attachment 388386- Chaotic Waters upgrade now allows Mana Wells to replenish both mana and hit points

Reason for change: Mana Wells are often overlooked in usage due to being perceived by many players as an inferior version of Moon Wells. While the Highborne were designed to rely more on mana usage in comparison to other races, many players primarily used Moon Wells for the healing benefits more than mana. As a result, I've overhauled the Chaotic Waters upgrade to provide the ability for Mana Wells to replenish mana as well as hit points to friendly units. In light of this change, the increased mana capacity benefit from this upgrade has been removed (although the increased mana regeneration remains the same). Overall, the intention of this change is to increase the usage of Mana Wells without completely replacing their uniqueness in comparison to Moon Wells.
View attachment 388384- Clone can no longer be cast on Heroes

Reason for change: I revealed earlier this year my intentions to nerf the Highmistress' Clone ability by reducing the damage dealt by cloned units as well as increasing its mana cost. After some time of testing and feedback, I have decided to scrap those changes and instead disallow Hero units from being cloned instead. This change was made as it was agreed the primary reason Clone was overpowered is due to being able to clone ultra-powerful Heroes, and overall feels like a more justifiable change without rendering the spell useless to cast on regular units.
View attachment 388385
- Power Discharge now longer deals damage and instead increased slowed movement on enemies

Reason for change: Based on further testing, I have decided to remove the damage dealing aspect of the Arcane Golem's Power Discharge ability in favor of making it a more utility-based spell. This spell already slowed enemy units attack and movement speed by 25%, and I will be buffing this to 50% to compensate for removing the damage dealt. At the moment, this spell feels more balanced as it allows Arcane Golems to tank enemy attacks better than before while relying on other Highborne units and spells to deal damage instead.

Finally, it is worth mentioning I also intend to revise the Sentinel tech-tree and their new units. I will be uncovering some of these intended changes in the coming moths :)
Turnro, will Illidan have a new skin later?🤔

Level 1
I don't know about you, but I would prefeer to play this in classic not reforged cause I peronally think classic has a lot better graphic than reforged. Am I wrong?

Level 17
Hi all, development on the Dangerous Crossroads interlude is now complete! I am now planning out the development for Chapter 7, which includes a sub-map players will be able to travel to (similar to Chapter 5 for those of you who played it). More news to come as progress is made :)

Glad to hear you progressing. 💪

Level 30
Hi everyone! Continuing with heroes that will receive spell changes in the Good story-line, another character that is being revised is Faradrella. Below is the main changes to expect in preparation for Malfurion's Quest v2.0.

faradrella.jpg

BTNSolarBeam.jpg
Solar Beam

This spell will be replacing Spirit Link, and will allow Faradrella to prevent enemies from casting spells for a short duration. This allows Faradrella to play more like a anti-hero caster that will serve better utility than the previous Spirit Link ability.
BTNNatureRevive.jpg
Revitalize

Faradrella's current ultimate spell, Faerie Swarm, is a powerful attack move in combination with Tyrande's Starfall. While the spell is useful, I felt it made Faradrella more of an offensive hero rather than the support/anti-magic hero she was originally intended to be. Therefore this ability will be replaced with Revitalize, which has the power to revive fallen ally units. Additional spells in this spell increases the number of friendly units that can be revived.

Level 1
Hi everyone! Continuing with heroes that will receive spell changes in the Good story-line, another character that is being revised is Faradrella. Below is the main changes to expect in preparation for Malfurion's Quest v2.0.

Solar Beam

This spell will be replacing Spirit Link, and will allow Faradrella to prevent enemies from casting spells for a short duration. This allows Faradrella to play more like a anti-hero caster that will serve better utility than the previous Spirit Link ability.
Revitalize

Faradrella's current ultimate spell, Faerie Swarm, is a powerful attack move in combination with Tyrande's Starfall. While the spell is useful, I felt it made Faradrella more of an offensive hero rather than the support/anti-magic hero she was originally intended to be. Therefore this ability will be replaced with Revitalize, which has the power to revive fallen ally units. Additional spells in this spell increases the number of friendly units that can be revived.
Hello, Turnro! Is there any estimation of when the version 2.0 will be ready?

Level 30
Hi everyone! A few months ago, I mentioned I was revising the Sentinel tech-tree to improve the new units. One of these units that will undergo heavy changes for Malfurion's Quest v2.0 is the Furbolg Shaman.

faradrella.jpg

BTNSolarBeam.jpg
Spirit Link

This ability will replace Barkskin, a spell whose role was already fulfilled by other armor-raising abilities such as Thorns Aura and Seal of Protection. Spirit Link serves as a unique ability among the night elves which can be used to increase the longevity of the many low hip-point units.
BTNNatureRevive.jpg
Earthbind Totem

Earthbind Totem is a new custom spell that allows Furbolg Shaman to enfeeble enemies on the battlefield. A temporary totem is placed on the ground, reducing the attack and movement speed of all nearby enemy units.
BTNNatureRevive.jpg
Bloodlust

While not a custom ability, Bloodlust serves as a useful alternative to the otherwise overpowered Healing Wave spell Furbolg Shaman currently possess.

Level 30
Hello there! Just thought I'd make a quick post on the progress on Chapter 7 for the Good story-line :)

Development is well underway with a combination of terraining, cutscenes and gameplay created for the first part of the map. Chapter 7 is planned to be a massive mission with lots of quests, places to explore, several sub-maps to travel to, secret items to find and much more! Speaking of sub-maps, Chapter 7 will contain 3 sub-maps to explore that will be developed alongside the main map.

Watch this space in the coming months for more reveals on the development of Chapter 7 :)

chapter_7_good_intro.jpg

Level 8
Hello there! Just thought I'd make a quick post on the progress on Chapter 7 for the Good story-line :)

Development is well underway with a combination of terraining, cutscenes and gameplay created for the first part of the map. Chapter 7 is planned to be a massive mission with lots of quests, places to explore, several sub-maps to travel to, secret items to find and much more! Speaking of sub-maps, Chapter 7 will contain 3 sub-maps to explore that will be developed alongside the main map.

Watch this space in the coming months for more reveals on the development of Chapter 7 :)

Is it still in the same location that is Zin-Azshari?

Last edited: