• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 16
Hi all! Just a quick update to inform you all development on Chapter 7: Cries of the Aspects is now completed! My current plans are to work on the remaining sub maps for Chapter 7, starting with Realm of the Tides :)

This could mean... she could be Vashj or random sea witch; looks like Tyrande will be discovered and... it might entail temporary pact of kaldorie with naga tho chances are slim.

Level 3
This could mean... she could be Vashj or random sea witch; looks like Tyrande will be discovered and... it might entail temporary pact of kaldorie with naga tho chances are slim.
not related. But I love your profile pic. it's cute. a bl fan, perhaps?

Level 4
will be there more tomes and items for the bad part?
Also in the future will you make a demonic campaign by malfurion or what was the point?
Will you update the others campaigns.. revenge of the scourge its too boring and unbalanced... :/

Level 31
will be there more tomes and items for the bad part?
Also in the future will you make a demonic campaign by malfurion or what was the point?
Will you update the others campaigns.. revenge of the scourge its too boring and unbalanced... :/
  • I think there are already plenty of tomes to find in the Evil path. I haven't considered adding new items at this point, but anything is possible while the campaign is being worked on
  • No
  • I would like to work on an update for Resurrection of the Scourge, but not at this point in time while Malfurion's Quest is under development

Level 4
Understood!
  • I think there are already plenty of tomes to find in the Evil path. I haven't considered adding new items at this point, but anything is possible while the campaign is being worked on
  • No
  • I would like to work on an update for Resurrection of the Scourge, but not at this point in time while Malfurion's Quest is under development
Well think about items.. also its too sad to lose all heroes in the evil part.. its strange... :/ you give and put a lot of items in the last chapter they are worthless because you can only take 6... :/ at least, the pouch could be nice if its keeps auras from items, but its not..

Level 31
Hi everyone! The sub-map Realm of the Tides is now done! This only leaves one sub-map to go for Chapter 7 titled Land of the Spellweavers, which I anticipate will take me a couple of months to make. In the meantime, here is a screenshot from the recently created map :)

chapter_7_good_medivh.jpg

Level 3
does this exist for reforged?
You can try playing it using Campaing Spliter.
I recently finished Jeopardy of the Horde using that tool, and it worked perfectly on Warcraft 3 Reforged.
But, remember to play it using classic mode, not the reforged mode. My game crashed all the time on chapter one while using reforged mode, so I played using the classic mode

Level 31
Hi all,

As many of you are aware, Custom Campaigns are now available in Warcraft III Reforged! Moving forward, I'll be supporting both Reforged and Legacy when releasing new campaign updates in future.

Here is what to expect for future updates:
  • There will be 2 separate campaign files: one for Reforged and another for Legacy
  • The Reforged version can be played in SD graphics only (may support HD in future)
  • The Reforged and Legacy versions will be almost identically. The only differences with Reforged is the difficulty selection will be moved to the campaign loading screen, and the game will auto-save for you throughout certain missions (such as at the start of boss fights)
  • These changes will apply to the Malfurion's Quest v1.5b update later this year. I also intend to release a Reforged version for my earlier campaigns at some point, though this may not be for a while as I am busy with working on Malfurion's Quest

Level 2
Hi,Dude)Have you some plans to finish the good story part to summer 2023?Is it possible at all?P.s. Rowan campaign is the freaking masterpiece.Thanks.

Level 11
Hello, I have discovered this, maybe you can use it as voice over for some of the characters in the campaign :)

This looks very promising! Although it still needs some work done, since the speech doesn't make stop until the end of sentence, for example. But still a very interesting tool, nonetheless 👍

Level 8
Hi all! In addition to new content, the upcoming update for Malfurion's Quest will feature many improvements to the campaign. Some of these changes include new models for characters such as the great Dragon Aspects! This change will affect both new and existing maps.
Impressive. But, why not just take the new model from Wow: Dragonflight 🤔?

Level 9
I haven't checked the thread in a long time so excuse me if I ask something previously asked.
I remember playing this campaign before it went through a complete revamp.
Is there a playable version, and if yes, which patch does it work on?

I like the skin as a sorcerer character, though I don't think it quite fits as a replacement for evil Malfurion who is supposed to have a majestic look in the clothes he wears.
I think it could be a good replacement for the "golden" outfit, which looks a bit like Egyptian style for me. You can also consider using this icon for the Royal Archer instead of 67chrome's recolored icon.

Level 7
I think it could be a good replacement for the "golden" outfit, which looks a bit like Egyptian style for me. You can also consider using this icon for the Royal Archer instead of 67chrome's recolored icon.

We've considered that, but the thing with Malfurion in the evil storyline is that he's evil with an identity of his own. He doesn't represent the highborne but a dark version of himself full of arrogance and grandeur.
His current skin reflects that by trying to be majestic and all.
The one you've suggested is more highborne and lore-friendly but doesn't really reflect who he is as a character and what he eventually becomes.
Another reason is the fact that the current skin is the polar opposite of the last skin that he gets in Shattered Skies.

We appreciate and check every suggestion you guys recommend and as long as they make sense to us, sure, we'll implement them if possible.

Level 3
Hi all! Development progress on the "Land of the Spellweavers" sub-map is now 70%. My aim is to get this map done within the next month which will allow me to proceed to develop Chapter 8: "The Eternal Nightmare".
That's great news! Hope to see the entire campaign done soon. Are you going to revamp the Dreadlords campaign when the final version of the Malfurion campaign is finished?

Level 29
That's great news! Hope to see the entire campaign done soon. Are you going to revamp the Dreadlords campaign when the final version of the Malfurion campaign is finished?
The upcoming update will add the Reforged version of this campaign series to make them playable on 1.35, but with the legacy graphics (SD). It will be released at the same time as the final version of Malfurion one.
Although it has yet to be confirmed (since the author are highly focused on the Malfurion one),
I think Rowan the Wise, Jeopardy of the Horde, and the Resurrection of the Scourge will receive this new update, especially the latter one, since the last one came in 2013 and doesn't contain a legendary items for Hard Mode playthrough.

Level 3
Hi all! Development progress on the "Land of the Spellweavers" sub-map is now 70%. My aim is to get this map done within the next month which will allow me to proceed to develop Chapter 8: "The Eternal Nightmare".

Turnro nice there
the campaign is almost complete prob this year the quest will be done after all this time, ty to you​