• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 5
No, Alexstrasza was meant to be a boss fight, but got cut due to time release. Jarod isn't even mentioned in Evil path, which is kinda the only thing I don't like about it. In the first post there is a full Sentinel tech tree, it makes it obvious that Mountain Giants and Chimeras will appear.
I did see that tech tree. It will be interesting to see if anything is added to it in Version 2.0, but possibly not. Yeah I know Jarod isn't mentioned, but that's just my theory on what happened to him. He had a wife Shalassyr who died during the War of the Ancients. Maybe Azshara killed her, then killed Jarod so he didn't try to avenge her. We probably won't find out, but that's just my personal theory on what happened to him in the Highborne story.

Level 5
No, Alexstrasza was meant to be a boss fight, but got cut due to time release. Jarod isn't even mentioned in Evil path, which is kinda the only thing I don't like about it. In the first post there is a full Sentinel tech tree, it makes it obvious that Mountain Giants and Chimeras will appear.
I'm trying to think of where that Alextrasza boss fight would have been, had it been included. I know it was in Chapter 9 somewhere, but where?

Last edited:
Level 4
Another thing, I remember the cutscene in chapter 1 or 2, where Malfurion, Tyrande and Cenarius banish the Highborne. The interlude Path of the Exiled could actually be about them. We know those Highborne would become the High Elves and eventually Blood Elves, so they might appear in the Campaign as well. Even Kath'ranis Remar is a Blood Elven name, so they might show up, to ally with the Night Elves perhaps.
That's such a cool theory man! Nice.

Level 4
One character we haven't talked about much is Medivh. I find it interesting that he is in independent forces, rather than the Night Elves and their Allies section. It will be interesting to see if he has some secret agenda, but probably not
Why didn't medivh kill malfurion when he had he chance?

Level 11
I'm trying to think of where that Alextrasza boss fight would have been, had it been included. I know it was in Chapter 9 somewhere, but where?
Alexstrasza was never meant to be a boss fight, I guess. She and Nozdormu flew away from the World Tree in order to push the invading forces of the Legion, Highborne and the Naga away from the World Tree. So Alexstrasza died off-screen, while Nozdormu backed away in order to gather all the surviving mortal forces of Azeroth with hope to have a chance of combating the Dark Titan Malfurion. Having Alexstrasza as a boss fight in the Bad story was planned, but was cut due to a story being rushed.

Level 4
Alexstrasza was never meant to be a boss fight, I guess. She and Nozdormu flew away from the World Tree in order to push the invading forces of the Legion, Highborne and the Naga away from the World Tree. So Alexstrasza died off-screen, while Nozdormu backed away in order to gather all the surviving mortal forces of Azeroth with hope to have a chance of combating the Dark Titan Malfurion. Having Alexstrasza as a boss fight in the Bad story was planned, but was cut due to a story being rushed.
Hoe did alexstrasza die?

Level 5
Hoe did alexstrasza die?
It isn't exactly clear. Originally she was going to be a boss battle in Chapter 9 (Her fighting blood empowered Magtheridon would be pretty cool tbh), but it would probably feel a bit random, so instead she was killed offscreen. My theory is that Kil'Jaeden fought and killed her on his way to the World Tree

Level 4
It isn't exactly clear. Originally she was going to be a boss battle in Chapter 9 (Her fighting blood empowered Magtheridon would be pretty cool tbh), but it would probably feel a bit random, so instead she was killed offscreen. My theory is that Kil'Jaeden fought and killed her on his way to the World Tree
I once talked with Fallen Star (He is a romanian just like me) He told me that the last chapter is incomplete, and probably chapter 9 but still, They are great, I hope 1 day turnro will update them.

Level 5
I once talked with Fallen Star (He is a romanian just like me) He told me that the last chapter is incomplete, and probably chapter 9 but still, They are great, I hope 1 day turnro will update them.
Oh wow okay. That's interesting. I wonder what was missing from Chapter 10

Level 4
hey 1 question tho, Why didn't medivh kill malfurion when he had the chance?

Level 5
When did he have a chance? In which chapter/interlude? Because I don't remember anything about it.
In the interlude Lying in Deceit, where he first introduces himself to Malfurion, and in Shattered Skies, after the explosion.
Any chapter before he absorbed ysera heart, in terms of stats, if not, he could have killed him when he entered the temple
I'm not quite sure, but possibly he didn't think Malfurion was that big of a threat at the time, and perhaps he was also overconfident in his abilities, so he thought he would win when he fought Furion outside Nordrassil

Level 11
In the interlude Lying in Deceit, where he first introduces himself to Malfurion, and in Shattered Skies, after the explosion.

I'm not quite sure, but possibly he didn't think Malfurion was that big of a threat at the time, and perhaps he was also overconfident in his abilities, so he thought he would win when he fought Furion outside Nordrassil
I agree with that. That's my opinion too. He thought Malfurion wouldn't become much of a threat to the Night Elves and hadn't killed him, but rahter kept warning him about his actions.

Level 13
Any chapter before he absorbed ysera heart, in terms of stats, if not, he could have killed him when he entered the temple
I agree with that. That's my opinion too. He thought Malfurion wouldn't become much of a threat to the Night Elves and hadn't killed him, but rahter kept warning him about his actions.
My theory is that in that interlude, and later in chapter 4, he hoped he could be turned to fight the Legion, remember the Legion was still at full power, so Medivh new he needed all the help he could get. And later in chapter 6, he needed him to fight the Naga, and Shahraz. He hoped that they would destroy each other, so a win win situtation. But when Malfurion defeated both Shahraz and Naga, Medivh was already busy with awakening Ysera. Who knows, it might be expained in the good part, or might not.

Level 5
It will be interesting to see what his relationship with Malfurion is like in the Sentinel path. He may not play a huge role, but we'll see him, maybe in the interlude Battle Preparations. Will he be nice to Malfurion, or maybe still suspicious of him

--

Here are some of my boss battle predictions

1. Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande vs Kil'Jaeden (this one is obvious, and many other have also predicted this)

2. Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande vs Azshara (after Illidan breaks free of her, or she reveals herself)

3. Malfurion and other Night Elf heroes vs Kazzak (he never fought any Night Elves in the Highborne campaign)

4. Tyrande vs Eredon (Xavius may also be involved, Malfurion may or may not have been saved, but we can be certain these two will fight, plus they have already met before, in Jeopardy of the Horde, so it will be a "you...I remember you" moment)

5. Illidan and Tyrande vs Jaraxxus (these two should reunite at some point, and maybe join together to fight a common enemy, (maybe in Final Conflicts) and this is also where Illidan and maybe the rest of the Highborne ally with the Sentinels)

6. Malfurion, Tyrande, Faradrella and Jarod vs Magtheridon (this is an optional quest, maybe in Cries of the Aspects, where they discover another fountain of power, and Magtheridon appears, and empowers himself, and they fight him)

7. Something involving The Exiled One, Balnazzar, and Varimathras

8. Something involving Nozdormu (HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but I think it would be cool to see as we didn't get a boss battle with him the the Highborne path)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
My theory is that in that interlude, and later in chapter 4, he hoped he could be turned to fight the Legion, remember the Legion was still at full power, so Medivh new he needed all the help he could get. And later in chapter 6, he needed him to fight the Naga, and Shahraz. He hoped that they would destroy each other, so a win win situtation. But when Malfurion defeated both Shahraz and Naga, Medivh was already busy with awakening Ysera. Who knows, it might be expained in the good part, or might not.
Really great point there man! Nice man!

Here are some of my boss battle predictions

1. Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande vs Kil'Jaeden (this one is obvious, and many other have also predicted this)

2. Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande vs Azshara (after Illidan breaks free of her, or she reveals herself)

3. Malfurion and other Night Elf heroes vs Kazzak (he never fought any Night Elves in the Highborne campaign)

4. Tyrande vs Eredon (Xavius may also be involved, Malfurion may or may not have been saved, but we can be certain these two will fight, plus they have already met before, in Jeopardy of the Horde, so it will be a "you...I remember you" moment)

5. Illidan and Tyrande vs Jaraxxus (these two should reunite at some point, and maybe join together to fight a common enemy, (maybe in Final Conflicts) and this is also where Illidan and maybe the rest of the Highborne ally with the Sentinels)

6. Malfurion, Tyrande, Faradrella and Jarod vs Magtheridon (this is an optional quest, maybe in Cries of the Aspects, where they discover another fountain of power, and Magtheridon appears, and empowers himself, and they fight him)

7. Something involving The Exiled One, Balnazzar, and Varimathras

8. Something involving Nozdormu (HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but I think it would be cool to see as we didn't get a boss battle with him the the Highborne path)
I am thinking sentinels, malfurion, highborne, and very very unlikely naga vs kil jaeden

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Hi everyone! As part of working on the Good story-line, it gives the opportunity to go over existing units and heroes to tweak them in order to make more better balanced and provide better utility. One hero that will undergo quite a number of changes for the final version of Malfurion's Quest is Jarod Shadowsong.

full

full
Heroic Strike

The current version of this spell deals damage to an enemy unit within melee range while also healing Jarod for a small amount. Logically, the secondary healing effect doesn't make any sense, and will be replaced with a stun effect instead. The damage of Heroic Strike will also be increased for the higher levels of the spell.
full
full
Battle Shout

This spell, which silences enemy units around Jarod, isn't very useful compared to Silence and doesn't fit the hero well. Battle Shout will instead be replaced with Thunder Clap, which allows Jarod to become a more powerful melee fighter. Thunder Clap serves as a placeholder spell for now and is subject to change depending on testing feedback.
full
Command Aura

This aura currently provides an increase to nearby friendly units attack and movement speed. Due to balance reasons, the affects of this aura have been changed to instead provide a damage bonus to nearby melee units. This compliments Tyrande's Trueshot Aura, and will increase the base attack of Jarod, Sentries, Druids of the Claw, Stalkers, and Mountain Giants.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi everyone! As part of working on the Good story-line, it gives the opportunity to go over existing units and heroes to tweak them in order to make more better balanced and provide better utility. One hero that will undergo quite a number of changes for the final version of Malfurion's Quest is Jarod Shadowsong.

full

full
Heroic Strike

The current version of this spell deals damage to an enemy unit within melee range while also healing Jarod for a small amount. Logically, the secondary healing effect doesn't make any sense, and will be replaced with a stun effect instead. The damage of Heroic Strike will also be increased for the higher levels of the spell.
full
full
Battle Shout

This spell, which silences enemy units around Jarod, isn't very useful compared to Silence and doesn't fit the hero well. Battle Shout will instead be replaced with Thunder Clap, which allows Jarod to become a more powerful melee fighter. Thunder Clap serves as a placeholder spell for now and is subject to change depending on testing feedback.
full
Command Aura

This aura currently provides an increase to nearby friendly units attack and movement speed. Due to balance reasons, the affects of this aura has been changed to provide a damage bonus to nearby melee units instead. This compliments Tyrande's Trueshot Aura, and will increase the base attack of Jarod, Sentries, Druids of the Claw, Stalkers, and Mountain Giants.
Nice!

Level 16
Hi @Turnro question for you, when will the good part of Malfurion's Quest be able to be played?
Maybe later this year. It takes about a month or two for one playable map of MQ to be properly finished (if my observation serves right). Also, there is a polishing and testing stage which might take a week or two. Also, highborne maps will probably get updates with alexstrasza boss fight possibly being added.

Level 4
Maybe later this year. It takes about a month or two for one playable map of MQ to be properly finished (if my observation serves right). Also, there is a polishing and testing stage which might take a week or two. Also, highborne maps will probably get updates with alexstrasza boss fight possibly being added.
Turnro said they won't be updated maybe fixing some bugs and some changes but, i hope it will be more to it

Level 30
Hi everyone! A new Discord server has now been created for Malfurion's Quest! You can join the server by clicking on the image below.

discord.png

This server provides a variety of benefits including:
  • A centralized place for announcements and updates
  • A more interactive place to hang out and ask questions
  • An overview of all the campaigns of the series and their features
  • Download links for the campaigns, as well as legacy Warcraft III
  • Quick links to World Editor videos and tutorials
  • A place to post bugs and feedback
  • Exclusive channels for Patreon users
I have also recently posted an update addressing common questions I get asked about Malfurion's Quest. While this comment has been posted in my Discord channel, I will reference it here for those who are curious:

When will Malfurion's Quest v2 (final release) be released? There is no official release date for the time being. This is a massive project that is difficult to estimate when it will be done. The final version for Malfurion's Quest will be released when it is ready.

What has been worked on Malfurion's Quest so far since the last release (v1.4b)? The campaign has undergone quite a number of changes to date in preparation for the final release, including: - Planning of the story and missions for the Good story-path (a time-consuming process that took about a year) - Reworked some of the existing maps for the Good story-path, particularily Chapters 4 & 6 - Made 4 brand new interlude maps for the Good story-path (one of these was an entire remake for the "Return of the Legion" interlude) - Several balance changes to the Heroes, units, spells and items in Malfurion's Quest. I will release a full changelog notes section on the exact details soon - Numerous bug fixes and quality of life changes

What is being worked on right now? At the time of writing this, I am developing Chapter 9 for the Good story-path. This includes making the terrain, cutscenes and triggers of the map.

What version of Warcraft III will Malfurion's Quest (final version) require? There has been no decision made regarding this yet, as this decision could have severe impacts on the campaign. As an example, there are existing maps in Malfurion's Quest that were made to incorporate 24-player functionality that cannot be easily downgraded in order to work on earlier versions of Warcraft III. I am entirely focused on making the new maps for Malfurion's Quest at the moment and will come to a decision during the testing phase of the project. It is worth mentioning that regardless of which version is ultimately decided upon, I will include a link to download the version needed to play the campaign when the time comes.

Will Malfurion's Quest still be available on Reforged? There are no plans for a Reforged version at this stage due to the lack of a custom campaign feature.

Will there be any changes made to the Evil story-path? Maybe. I haven't made a decision regarding this yet, and will do so once the campaign has reached the testing stage. The development of the new maps requires significant work, and I do not wish to overwhelm myself by taking things step-by-step at a time. In regards to changes for the Highborne race, I was quite happy with how they turned out and won't be performing any major changes to them. However, there will be balance tweaks to remove some of the overpowered aspects of the Highborne and add a bit more variety to their lacking units.

How often will you be releasing news and updates on Malfurion's Quest's development? When it makes sense to do so (such as when a milestone has been reached or revealing sneak-peaks on certain aspects of the campaign that have been worked on). While I would like to be more open about the development process of the campaign, I also do not wish to spoil the story. Regardless, all main news and announcements can be found in this channel (news-and-updates)

Is Malfurion's Quest the final campaign? It will be the final campaign as part of the series. In regards to other future projects, that is a decision to make once Malfurion's Quest is done.

Last edited:
Level 8
Hi everyone! A new Discord server has now been created for Malfurion's Quest! You can join the server by clicking on the image below.

This server provides a variety of benefits including:
  • A centralized place for announcements and updates
  • A more interactive place to hang out and ask questions
  • An overview of all the campaigns of the series and their features
  • Download links for the campaigns, as well as legacy Warcraft III
  • Quick links to World Editor videos and tutorials
  • A place to post bugs and feedback
  • Exclusive channels for Patreon users
I have also recently posted an update addressing common questions I get asked about Malfurion's Quest. While this comment has been posted in my Discord channel, I will reference it here for those who are curious:

When will Malfurion's Quest v2 (final release) be released? There is no official release date for the time being. This is a massive project that is difficult to estimate when it will be done. The final version for Malfurion's Quest will be released when it is ready.

What has been worked on Malfurion's Quest so far since the last release (v1.4b)? The campaign has undergone quite a number of changes to date in preparation for the final release, including: - Planning of the story and missions for the Good story-path (a time-consuming process that took about a year) - Reworked some of the existing maps for the Good story-path, particularily Chapters 4 & 6 - Made 4 brand new interlude maps for the Good story-path (one of these was an entire remake for the "Return of the Legion" interlude) - Several balance changes to the Heroes, units, spells and items in Malfurion's Quest. I will release a full changelog notes section on the exact details soon - Numerous bug fixes and quality of life changes

What is being worked on right now? At the time of writing this, I am developing Chapter 9 for the Good story-path. This includes making the terrain, cutscenes and triggers of the map.

What version of Warcraft III will Malfurion's Quest (final version) require? There has been no decision made regarding this yet, as this decision could have severe impacts on the campaign. As an example, there are existing maps in Malfurion's Quest that were made to incorporate 24-player functionality that cannot be easily downgraded in order to work on earlier versions of Warcraft III. I am entirely focused on making the new maps for Malfurion's Quest at the moment and will come to a decision during the testing phase of the project. It is worth mentioning that regardless of which version is ultimately decided upon, I will include a link to download the version needed to play the campaign when the time comes.

Will Malfurion's Quest still be available on Reforged? There are no plans for a Reforged version at this stage due to the lack of a custom campaign feature.

Will there be any changes made to the Evil story-path? Maybe. I haven't made a decision regarding this yet, and will do so once the campaign has reached the testing stage. The development of the new maps requires significant work, and I do not wish to overwhelm myself by taking things step-by-step at a time. In regards to changes for the Highborne race, I was quite happy with how they turned out and won't be performing any major changes to them. However, there will be balance tweaks to remove some of the overpowered aspects of the Highborne and add a bit more variety to their lacking units.

How often will you be releasing news and updates on Malfurion's Quest's development? When it makes sense to do so (such as when a milestone has been reached or revealing sneak-peaks on certain aspects of the campaign that have been worked on). While I would like to be more open about the development process of the campaign, I also do not wish to spoil the story. Regardless, all main news and announcements can be found in this channel (news-and-updates)

Is Malfurion's Quest the final campaign? It will be the final campaign as part of the series. In regards to other future projects, that is a decision to make once Malfurion's Quest is done.
Turnro, are you going to create another custom campaign even though the Malfurion Quest is over?

Level 5
Check the character bio page. Eredon is Kil'Jaeden's most loyal servant. He didn't make an official appearance in the Highborne campaign, but he appears in Jeopardy for the Horde, and Ressurection of the Scourge, Turnro's previous campaigns. He is actually the only character to appear or be mentioned in all 4 of Turnro's campaigns. He is also known as Algammon.

His list of mentions/appearances are:
In Rowan
When Arthas is talking to the demon summoner, and the summoner mentions he was able to summon one demon by complete accident

In Jeopardy
After the orcs fight off the Night Elves from Santron, Eredon/Algammon can be seen summoning a portal and disappearing.
In the Fel Orc chapter, there is a pit lord who mentions Eredon by name
He appears to Tyrande, to supposedly warn her against the Orcs
Thrall and the orcs get misdirected by a necromancer to find "a demon" and kill him
Tyrande encounters 'Algammon' again, and this time the Elves capture him
Thrall manages to kill him, but summons Azgalor and the Legion, although they also manage to defeat him

In Ressurection
When Tichondrius and Varimathras discover the Shadow Orders hideout, a flashback occurs, and Algammon is mentioned by name
In Dalaran, Tichondrius and Araj come across a tome. It is here that we first properly hear about Eredon/Algammon
A mysterious voice whispers to Magroth the Defender, and informs him about the dreadlords
Before the final battle occurs Varimathras dissapears for some reason
In the epilogue it is revealed he gave Medivh's tome to Eredon. Eredon then appears and Kil'Jaeden explains what happened with Eredon/Algammon.

All in all he is kind of an essential part of the story, and has now somehow managed to get into the Emerald Dream, and trapped Ysera with his illusions.
I missed one mention of Eredon. In the interlude with Tichondrius, Dalvengyr and Varimathras, there is a flashback with Tichondrius and Azgalor talking about the Scourge. Azgalor mentions he is sending demons throughout the realm, and Eredon and Mal'Ganis are shown entering the portal.

When Araj sends Thrall to find him, there is also a flashback of Araj witnessing Eredon/Algammon contacting Azgalor

Level 11
I missed one mention of Eredon. In the interlude with Tichondrius, Dalvengyr and Varimathras, there is a flashback with Tichondrius and Azgalor talking about the Scourge. Azgalor mentions he is sending demons throughout the realm, and Eredon and Mal'Ganis are shown entering the portal.

When Araj sends Thrall to find him, there is also a flashback of Araj witnessing Eredon/Algammon contacting Azgalor
And of course when Jaraxxus mentions him in the Sentinel version of Council of the Legion
What about it? Azgalor was sending them as spies of the Burning Legion with the task of scouting and sabotaging the realm of Azeroth in order to find any way they can to weaken it before the full invasion of the Burning Legion can commence.

Level 5
What about it? Azgalor was sending them as spies of the Burning Legion with the task of scouting and sabotaging the realm of Azeroth in order to find any way they can to weaken it before the full invasion of the Burning Legion can commence.
I was replying to the list I made about a month ago of all Eredon's appearances, and I realized I left those out. I didn't discover anything more significant if that's what you were wondering

Level 10
Check the character bio page. Eredon is Kil'Jaeden's most loyal servant. He didn't make an official appearance in the Highborne campaign, but he appears in Jeopardy for the Horde, and Ressurection of the Scourge, Turnro's previous campaigns. He is actually the only character to appear or be mentioned in all 4 of Turnro's campaigns. He is also known as Algammon.

His list of mentions/appearances are:
In Rowan
When Arthas is talking to the demon summoner, and the summoner mentions he was able to summon one demon by complete accident

In Jeopardy
After the orcs fight off the Night Elves from Santron, Eredon/Algammon can be seen summoning a portal and disappearing.
In the Fel Orc chapter, there is a pit lord who mentions Eredon by name
He appears to Tyrande, to supposedly warn her against the Orcs
Thrall and the orcs get misdirected by a necromancer to find "a demon" and kill him
Tyrande encounters 'Algammon' again, and this time the Elves capture him
Thrall manages to kill him, but summons Azgalor and the Legion, although they also manage to defeat him

In Ressurection
When Tichondrius and Varimathras discover the Shadow Orders hideout, a flashback occurs, and Algammon is mentioned by name
In Dalaran, Tichondrius and Araj come across a tome. It is here that we first properly hear about Eredon/Algammon
A mysterious voice whispers to Magroth the Defender, and informs him about the dreadlords
Before the final battle occurs Varimathras dissapears for some reason
In the epilogue it is revealed he gave Medivh's tome to Eredon. Eredon then appears and Kil'Jaeden explains what happened with Eredon/Algammon.

All in all he is kind of an essential part of the story, and has now somehow managed to get into the Emerald Dream, and trapped Ysera with his illusions.

It seems according to this lore that Mannoroth, Archimonde, Malygos, and Deathwing/Neltharion died 10 000 years ago
Yeah, I always thought it was such a shame that he just gets off-screened in the Highborne story-line. He would have been a great sub-villain that opposes evil Malfurion. But I can excuse that because the legion underestimated both evil Malfurion and the night elves alike, and they tried destroying both sides at the same time, when they really should have focused evil Malfurion.
Also, are you saying Eredon was the one who manipulated Magroth the Defender? or is it Varimathras?

I always thought that the mysterious voice was the one who talked to Magroth. However, one of the creators told me it's not the same. Someone else talked to Magroth. So it's either Kiljaedin, Eredon or Varimathras, or one of the characters on the character sheet that we are yet to see.

@Turnro @FallenStar To me, and for the health of the story, I suggest that Eredon should be taken care of in one chapter minimum, or two chapters as a main villain and bad guy. Also, he should be recognized as the threat he is, having been the plague of the series (in my opinion, more than Kiljaeden).

Level 11
I always thought that the mysterious voice was the one who talked to Magroth. However, one of the creators told me it's not the same. Someone else talked to Magroth. So it's either Kiljaedin, Eredon or Varimathras, or one of the characters on the character sheet that we are yet to see.

@Turnro @FallenStar To me, and for the health of the story, I suggest that Eredon should be taken care of in one chapter minimum, or two chapters as a main villain and bad guy. Also, he should be recognized as the threat he is, having been the plague of the series
I'm highly sure it's not Varimathras, since he and Dalvengyr led the Scourge against the humans on the other side of Lordaeron, away from Dalaran, while Tichondrius and Araj made their way to recover the Tome of Medivh inside the city of Dalaran. Both Varimathras and Dalvengyr were too busy battling the humans.
Kil'jaeden is still in the Twisting Nether, while Eredon is in Azeroth. So, in my opinion, I'm pretty sure it was one of Eredon's Illusions that warned Magroth about the dreadlord/Scourge threat that attacked them in Lordaeron.

And, yes. Judging from the name of one of the chapters from Malfurion's Quest (The Eternal Nightmare), I'm sure Eredon will make an appearance in the Good story path. Not only that, but there were speculations about having a bossfight against Eredon. But only time will tell after the version 2.0 of the campaign has been released.

Level 5
Yeah, I always thought it was such a shame that he just gets off-screened in the Highborne story-line. He would have been a great sub-villain that opposes evil Malfurion. But I can excuse that because the legion underestimated both evil Malfurion and the night elves alike, and they tried destroying both sides at the same time, when they really should have focused evil Malfurion.
Also, are you saying Eredon was the one who manipulated Magroth the Defender? or is it Varimathras?

@Turnro @FallenStar To me, and for the health of the story, I suggest that Eredon should be taken care of in one chapter minimum, or two chapters as a main villain and bad guy. Also, he should be recognized as the threat he is, having been the plague of the series (in my opinion, more than Kiljaeden).
Yes I'm fairly certain it was Eredon who manipulated Magroth. I would be surprised if he didn't get a boss battle, for the reason you suggested (the plague of the series). Some have speculated that Xavius may or may not show up, but regardless, Eredon should certainly get his own boss battle. It'll be interesting to see what other chapters/interludes he appears in other than Chapter 8: The Eternal Nightmare. I noticed that Chapter 4: Spread of the Corruption has been heavily edited according to Turnro. I feel like Eredon may make a couple of appearances there, as there are Satyrs and Fel Orcs there, and he might be there overseeing them. He will likely also appear in an interlude (though which one I'm not sure) with him and Ysera, and how he is 'entrapping' her within her own realm.

Also if he does appear in Chapter 4 he may encounter Tyrande at some point. He has met her before, when he deceived her about the Orcs, so she would likely remember him. In the interlude Fear of the Prophecy, Tyrande mentions her regrets about how much strife she has cause in Lordaeron and the Barrens, sending Maiev and Shandris to their death etc. Eredon is partially responsible for this, so she would want something against him. According to several users on Hive, The Eternal Nightmare chapter, will feature Tyrande as the main character, so killing Eredon will be personal to her.

Other than this it is hinted that Jaraxxus has a past rivalry with Eredon. He may come to visit Eredon at some point, possibly in the Nightmare, where they discuss various things about the Eredar, Kil'Jaeden's leadership etc. It is unlikely, but if Xavius isn't there, Jaraxxus and Eredon might both be a boss battle in the same chapter. I don't think this will happen, and they will be dealth with separately, but they will probably interact at least once in the Sentinel storyline

Last edited:
Level 11
It'll be interesting to see what other chapters/interludes he appears in other than Chapter 8: The Eternal Nightmare. I noticed that Chapter 4: Spread of the Corruption has been heavily edited according to Turnro. I feel like Eredon may make a couple of appearances there, as there are Satyrs and Fel Orcs there, and he might be there overseeing them.
Yes, it will. Unless Turnro has added Fel Orcs in chapter 4 and if the chapter is heavily edited as you say, I agree with you. Remember there were only a Satyr threat to Astranaar, while the corrupted beasts attacked the two night elf outposts outside the city. So, we'll see.
Also if he does appear in Chapter 4 he may encounter Tyrande at some point. He has met her before, when he deceived her about the Orcs, so she would likely remember him. In the interlude Fear of the Prophecy, Tyrande mentions her regrets about how much strife she has cause in Lordaeron and the Barrens, sending Maiev and Shandris to their death etc. Eredon is partially responsible for this, so she would want something against him. According to several users on Hive, The Eternal Nightmare chapter, will feature Tyrande as the main character, so killing Eredon will be personal to her.
I agree in some point. Eredon is responsible only for confusing Tyrande into thinking about the orcs as a threat, but not about Maiev's and Shandris's death. They both died as a result of following Tyrande's careless and selfish orders, not due to Eredon's interference. Eredon didn't even make himself known to Tyrande until the interlude after chapter 4 of the orc campaign.
Other than this it is hinted that Jaraxxus has a past rivalry with Eredon. He may come to visit Eredon at some point, possibly in the Nightmare, where they discuss various things about the Eredar, Kil'Jaeden's leadership etc. It is unlikely, but if Xavius isn't there, Jaraxxus and Eredon might both be a boss battle in the same chapter. I don't think this will happen, and they will be dealth with separately, but they will probably interact at least once in the Sentinel storyline
Where has that been pointed? I didn't see anything of the past rivalry between the two... The only what I've seen so far is that Kil'jaeden has "appointed Eredon as his top confidant even more so than Jaraxxus", according to Eredon's bio and that's it. But since there have been some major changes regarding the story, we can expect many new things that are now different than they were in the early stages of the campaign.

Level 5
Yes, it will. Unless Turnro has added Fel Orcs in chapter 4 and if the chapter is heavily edited as you say, I agree with you. Remember there were only a Satyr threat to Astranaar, while the corrupted beasts attacked the two night elf outposts outside the city. So, we'll see.

I agree in some point. Eredon is responsible only for confusing Tyrande into thinking about the orcs as a threat, but not about Maiev's and Shandris's death. They both died as a result of following Tyrande's careless and selfish orders, not due to Eredon's interference. Eredon didn't even make himself known to Tyrande until the interlude after chapter 4 of the orc campaign.

Where has that been pointed? I didn't see anything of the past rivalry between the two... The only what I've seen so far is that Kil'jaeden has "appointed Eredon as his top confidant even more so than Jaraxxus", according to Eredon's bio and that's it. But since there have been some major changes regarding the story, we can expect many new things that are now different than they were in the early stages of the campaign.
The boss battle in Spread of the Corruption were the three Fel Orcs Rend, Maim, and Gar'dal, but I was actually referring to the final Satyr base in that mission where you have to destroy the skull corrupting the forest, there are a couple of Fel Orcs guarding it I think. There weren't many of them, and it was mainly a Satyr base.

Ahh true. Yes it was Tyrande that sent them out, and Eredon didn't appear until after. Good point...but Tyrande would still be angry at him, for deceiving her into thinking the prophecy was referring to the Orcs

Hmm in the 1.3 version of Council of the Legion Jaraxxus says "I notice the Illusionist is not present", to me he seemed quite bitter, but that could just be my interpretation of it

Level 13

The boss battle in Spread of the Corruption were the three Fel Orcs Rend, Maim, and Gar'dal, but I was actually referring to the final Satyr base in that mission where you have to destroy the skull corrupting the forest, there are a couple of Fel Orcs guarding it I think. There weren't many of them, and it was mainly a Satyr base.

Ahh true. Yes it was Tyrande that sent them out, and Eredon didn't appear until after. Good point...but Tyrande would still be angry at him, for deceiving her into thinking the prophecy was referring to the Orcs

Hmm in the 1.3 version of Council of the Legion Jaraxxus says "I notice the Illusionist is not present", to me he seemed quite bitter, but that could just be my interpretation of it
Here's a thought. Eredon might not die or even be a boss fight in Eternal Dream. Instead he might just show up in cutscenes or cinematics to set the plot. His rivalry with Jarraxus (read their bio in OP) might instead be a plot for later chapters, including his boss fight. If the Exile is truly an Eredar, than there's obviously going to be an Eredar power struggle too, as the Dreadlords obviously already have that.

Level 1
Hi guys, i Will give you some questions. Answer them if you want...

1. Do you think Sentinel Campaign Will finished in this year?
2. Do you think this Campaign is the last of this timeline? If it not, what race do you want in next Campaign? Dragon, Naga, Demon, or Orc/Human again?
3. Do you think in Sentinel Campaign you can play with Illidan, Medivh, and Dragon?
4. Do you think there is other enemy except Legion, Naga, and Highborne?
5. Do you know who is the evil inner voice's Malfurion?

Answer it of you want ^_^

Level 11
Oh yes, you're right. I remember one of those two Blademasters who survives last would cast the endless Bladestorm that could cut down all three of my heroes if not killed on time.
Of course. She has quite a few good reasons to be mad at him, so getting rid of Eredon would give Tyrande a great satisfaction. Or would it be Ysera that will get rid of him after she gets free from Eredon's corruption, as she said when fighting Malfurion in the final chapter of the Highborne campaign? We'll see, I guess.
Yes, it could be. Or he was only commenting about his absence. But there is a possibility that there is still some sort of hatred present between the two eredars.
Here's a thought. Eredon might not die or even be a boss fight in Eternal Dream. Instead he might just show up in cutscenes or cinematics to set the plot. His rivalry with Jarraxus (read their bio in OP) might instead be a plot for later chapters, including his boss fight. If the Exile is truly an Eredar, than there's obviously going to be an Eredar power struggle too, as the Dreadlords obviously already have that.
Also, don't forget about a little conflict the firelord Smolderas had with a dreadlord Mephistroth. Adding their disagreement between themselves to a rivalry of the other lieutenants, if only Turnro hasn't changed that part of the storyline, I dare to say there is quite a lot of bad blood between the Burning Legion lieutenants, which would only escalate in a conflict if they became dissatisfied with Kil'jaeden's leadership as a leader of the Burning Legion. So there are many things that could happen.
Overall, there are lots of characters and, thus, lots of possible outcomes of the story...

Level 8

2. Do you think this Campaign is the last of this timeline? If it not, what race do you want in next Campaign? Dragon, Naga, Demon, or Orc/Human again?
3. Do you think in Sentinel Campaign you can play with Illidan, Medivh, and Dragon?

1. It will probably be finished this year
2. Turnro said this is the end of the alternate timelines Warcraft Universe story, but he once said that after the Malfurion Quest he would discuss the future of his project. Whether it's creating a custom campaign about World of Warcraft Legion or Old Gods, N'zoth
3. I think so. I really wanted to play Lord Illidan
4. Old Gods, N'zoth
5. It's still a mystery

Level 10

1- No, I would say January 2023.
2- Yes.
3- hmmmm..it's hard to say. I think that demi-god heroes like Medivh, Ysera and Cenarius would remain unplayable, but they will be controlled by AI in the large scale battles. However, we might get a team up chapter with the Stormrage brothers, just like we did in the Vanilla story.
4- No, it's gonna be Kiljaedin alone and his legion commanders.
5- The mysterious voice within Malfurion is confirmed to be a non-demonic power already. I honestly don't have any idea, but I would say it might be one of the old gods or void lords. it can be anyone, who's not part of the legion.

Level 5
Yes, it could be. Or he was only commenting about his absence. But there is a possibility that there is still some sort of hatred present between the two eredars.
I'd say hatred was a very strong word, more like mutual distrust.
This comparison might sound a little odd, but I compare Jaraxxus and Eredon to a lion on the plains, and a snake in the long grass.
In Eredon's bio it says his methods are considered unorthodox. By whom? It isn't Kil'Jaeden as trusts Eredon with his most secretive missions. It wasn't Azgalor because he believed it was his servant Algammon. Therefore I suspect Jaraxxus is the one who considers them unorthodox, as Eredon hides in the shadows and fights his enemies, much like a snake in the long grass, while Jaraxxus seems to prefer to fight on the open field, much like a lion, though he isn't above a little sneaking, as seen when he killed Velinde, if that's still cannon. Sorry is this was a little too metaphorical, but it was just how I was interpreting how these two felt about each other, based on how they fight their enemies.

I was actually reconsidering the idea of The Exile being an Ethereal. There are void minions in this campaign, primarily in Chapter 6: Cave of Shadows, which has undergone revision similar to Chapter 4. The Exile breaks out of his prison at some point (likely after the Legion arrives on Azeroth) and he could find a way to portal in via the Cave of Shadows. He would have knowledge of the void creatures, as they were the ones who destroyed K'aresh (at the behest of the Void Lords in the official timeline, and possibly by Sargeras in this timeline), so he could summon a portal in the Cave, possibly with help from Balnazzar and Varimathras, and might even interact with the Night Elves, though he won't be a boss battle in this chapter. This is all heavy speculation and reaching of course, but your idea of him being an Ethereal isn't a silly one. Of course he could also be an original character. It would be interesting if Turnro decides to go into the lore of the Void Lords before Blizzard properly has

Level 8
I'd say hatred was a very strong word, more like mutual distrust.
This comparison might sound a little odd, but I compare Jaraxxus and Eredon to a lion on the plains, and a snake in the long grass.
In Eredon's bio it says his methods are considered unorthodox. By whom? It isn't Kil'Jaeden as trusts Eredon with his most secretive missions. It wasn't Azgalor because he believed it was his servant Algammon. Therefore I suspect Jaraxxus is the one who considers them unorthodox, as Eredon hides in the shadows and fights his enemies, much like a snake in the long grass, while Jaraxxus seems to prefer to fight on the open field, much like a lion, though he isn't above a little sneaking, as seen when he killed Velinde, if that's still cannon. Sorry is this was a little too metaphorical, but it was just how I was interpreting how these two felt about each other, based on how they fight their enemies.

I was actually reconsidering the idea of The Exile being an Ethereal. There are void minions in this campaign, primarily in Chapter 6: Cave of Shadows, which has undergone revision similar to Chapter 4. The Exile breaks out of his prison at some point (likely after the Legion arrives on Azeroth) and he could find a way to portal in via the Cave of Shadows. He would have knowledge of the void creatures, as they were the ones who destroyed K'aresh (at the behest of the Void Lords in the official timeline, and possibly by Sargeras in this timeline), so he could summon a portal in the Cave, possibly with help from Balnazzar and Varimathras, and might even interact with the Night Elves, though he won't be a boss battle in this chapter. This is all heavy speculation and reaching of course, but your idea of him being an Ethereal isn't a silly one. Of course he could also be an original character. It would be interesting if Turnro decides to go into the lore of the Void Lords before Blizzard properly has
Somehow I wanted to see N'zoth more than Void Lords because N'zoth turned Highborne into a Naga like Azshara.

Level 5
Somehow I wanted to see N'zoth more than Void Lords because N'zoth turned Highborne into a Naga like Azshara.
Hmm maybe. I guess that would relate to Azshara. But even though Turnro's lore is separate from main WoW lore, seeing N'zoth might be a sad reminder of the infamous ending of 8.3, which is still terrible 18 months later. However if anyone can do it better, it has to be Turnro, so yeah okay maybe N'zoth, but I wouldn't guarantee it

Not saying it won't happen, I'm just not sure if they'll take that story route

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Current progress on Chapter 9's development on the Good story-path is going well with the terraining about 80% done. Will be moving on to making the cutscenes and gameplay aspect over the next few weeks. In the meantime, here is a sneak-picture from the map so far :)

View attachment 380818
Fantastic. I am looking forward to the full version of this campaign.