• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 13
How do you know that? Was it on the interlude after chapter 2 when Malfurion destroys the corrupted fountain? I must have missed that part to figure out those two planning anything and their motives...
Shahraz being a known Legion general dying off-screen wouldn't be fit, if you ask me. She should have a big role of the campaign and be a boss, in my opinion.
Yes, that interlude. They were obviously plotting something. Shahraz is equal in power to Jaraxxus, and like he died in the Evil path, it's only natural that she does in Good part.

Level 11
I really like that are people like you guys to discuss theories about a custom campaign for warcraft, that's what it makes it so good
Trust me, most members of the Hive community wishes to see this campaign done, because it's Turnro's final campaign, and we all know how great and unique a campaign can become once Turnro is done with it. 👌

Level 4
Trust me, most members of the Hive community wishes to see this campaign done, because it's Turnro's final campaign, and we all know how great and unique a campaign can become once Turnro is done with it. 👌
No more custom campaigns after that?

Level 5
I really like that are people like you guys to discuss theories about a custom campaign for Warcraft, that's what it makes it so good
No worries mate

That's a good assumption. Balnazzar, Detheroc and Varimathras being on one side altogether, just like on the original TFT undead campaign. They may be on Zealthrun's side, since Zealthrun could be the dreadlord that is potentially interested in avenging Tichondrius if he'd learn of Kil'jaeden's involvement of Tichondrius's death. We could say he's Tichondrius number two, since his bio says he was the only dreadlord close to match Tichondrius's strength.
On the other side, the side of the Burning Legion, there would be Mephistroth and Anetheron, who will put their loyalty and service to the Legion.
Now, The Exiled One was trapped by Zealthrun, so Zealthrun is his jailor, just like Maiev was Illidan's. So, the Exiled One may find it fit to join the Burning Legion side in order to take revenge upon those who imprisoned him and called traitor - Zealthrun and his team of the Nathrezim. Or he could have some other interests.
The voice acting of Bal, Deth and Vari in the original scourge campaign for TFT is probably some of my favorite voice acting in the whole warcraft saga. Honestly they could have a discussion about McDonalds and make it interesting. But yeah I'd love to see those three together again.

I just played The Council of the Legion interlude from v1.3 and interestingly in this previous version it looked like all the Dreadlords were in on some sort of betrayal together. So I guess that's one of the major changes to the new version.

I actually think it's the other way round and Tichondrius was Zaelthrun's number two, as Zaelthrun "was the first leader of the Nathrezim, chosen by Sargeras" and also that "his death was left a mystery"...so he's been presumed dead for 10 000 years. He could reappear to avenge Tichondrius, but I don't know if he'll appear so early on.

I'd like, just for a moment, to go away from the story for a second and ask, do you think it would be possible to crop the campaign down from 1.31 to 1.27? I asked Turnro about this, and obviously he'll know what to do, but while we wait for his update video, do any of you guys think this would be possible?

I can't play the current Highborne 1.4 version, as I downgraded my Warcraft 3 file from 1.30, down to 1.21 in mid 2020, as my WoW launcher kept trying to turn it into Reforged, but managed to get it up to 1.27

Level 4
No worries mate

The voice acting of Bal, Deth and Vari in the original scourge campaign for TFT is probably some of my favorite voice acting in the whole warcraft saga. Honestly they could have a discussion about McDonalds and make it interesting. But yeah I'd love to see those three together again.

I just played The Council of the Legion interlude from v1.3 and interestingly in this previous version it looked like all the Dreadlords were in on some sort of betrayal together. So I guess that's one of the major changes to the new version.

I actually think it's the other way round and Tichondrius was Zaelthrun's number two, as Zaelthrun "was the first leader of the Nathrezim, chosen by Sargeras" and also that "his death was left a mystery"...so he's been presumed dead for 10 000 years. He could reappear to avenge Tichondrius, but I don't know if he'll appear so early on.

I'd like, just for a moment, to go away from the story for a second and ask, do you think it would be possible to crop the campaign down from 1.31 to 1.27? I asked Turnro about this, and obviously he'll know what to do, but while we wait for his update video, do any of you guys think this would be possible?

I can't play the current Highborne 1.4 version, as I downgraded my Warcraft 3 file from 1.30, down to 1.21 in mid 2020, as my WoW launcher kept trying to turn it into Reforged, but managed to get it up to 1.27
I don't think you can play it on lower than 1.30, the campaing is too advanced

Level 11
True lol

Unfortunately, I know that feeling, and I'm sure Turnro could make the campaign playable on some older patches. But the gameplay could be a bit different due to the models of characters being replaced by the older ones, since not every character models could fit in the older patches. Not only that, but the icons of some spells, items, units, buildings etc may be replaced as well. That means some of a campaign design would be different, but the mechanics would remain the same. Overall, I think that's a huge project that has to be taken into consideration before thinking about downgrading the entire campaign. But, of course, that's not something that couldn't be done.

Level 5
True lol

Unfortunately, I know that feeling, and I'm sure Turnro could make the campaign playable on some older patches. But the gameplay could be a bit different due to the models of characters being replaced by the older ones, since not every character models could fit in the older patches. Not only that, but the icons of some spells, items, units, buildings etc may be replaced as well. That means some of a campaign design would be different, but the mechanics would remain the same. Overall, I think that's a huge project that has to be taken into consideration before thinking about downgrading the entire campaign. But, of course, that's not something that couldn't be done.
Yeah okay. It'll be interesting to see what Turnro says about this when the time comes.

I actually think someone was able to do this with one of Tomoraiders campaigns. That's not supposed to be playable unless you have 1.30, but there's a file of it that works for 1.27. Now I'm not sure when that was done, or what conditions they were under, but as you and Tomikqx said, this campaign (Malfs Quest) might be quite advanced. The other option is those 1.31 backup files that I saw on hive some time ago, but it looks quite complex to download, so I probably wouldn't do that unless as a last resort

--

Anyway here are some of my predictions, based on what I've see/heard, plus a few of my own.
Some of these will be quite unlikely, but here goes

Cries of the Aspects
Ally with the Dragon Aspects
Not sure of the location this map will take place in, possibly somewhere in Ashenvale (this chapter was previously called Giants of Ashenvale)
Red and Bronze Dragonflights are fighting the legion. Illidan and the Highborne are also here. Illidan is trying to gain the allegiance of Alexstrasza.
He runs into Malfurion, and the two square off in a duel, Tyrande shows up with Alexstrasza and helps Furion win. Alexstrasza tells Illidan he is serving a dark power and he retreats. Noticing he has Naga with him, Furion has the option to pursue some of them (Realm of the Tides).
While on the way to Nozdormu, Furion senses another fountain of power. He goes to destroy it, but Magtheridon appears, and serves as the boss battle for this chapter. Furion then somehow ends up in the Nightmare. Also maybe he never makes it to Nozdormu.

Dangerous Crossroads
Tyrande asks Cenarius and Medivh what to do, and takes part in the ritual that Medivh did in the Highborne campaign. Also may involve Illidan and Kath'ranis (this interlude was originally called Sorrows of the Quel'dorei). Mother Shahraz comes to negotiate with Illidan, but Illidan kills her instead. Azshara then reveals herself, and Illidan and Kath'ranis realize they have been working for her all along.

Eternal Nightmare
Have done plenty of speculating on this one, but is obviously Tyrande going to search for Malfurion, and Ysera in the Nightmare. That will probably be at the end of the chapter, but since we spend the entire chapter in the Nightmare, we could see a whole bunch of other things Nightmare related. Eredon and Xavius (okay now I'm certain he will show up), are the final bosses. Additionally Kil'Jaeden might send a demon to check on Eredon to see if he's preforming his task, possibly Anetheron, and Tyrande fights him on the way to saving Furion.

Final Conflicts
Furion and Tyrande realize they made need Illidan's help in combatting the demons. The Legion is attacking the main Naga/Highborne encampment and Furion and Tyrande find a downtrodden Illidan, realizing he's been tricked. Then teams up with Furion and Tyrande. Jaraxxus is the boss battle of this chapter as he killed Velinde earlier (not sure if that's still going to happen), and now Illidan has killed Shahraz so Jaraxxus will want vengeance. Or maybe before the boss battle Malfurion suddenly gets transported away somewhere and it's just Illidan and Tyrande fighting Jaraxxus. Malfurion gets trasnported to the Caverns of Time, where Nozdormu is distrustful of him. A boss battle with Nozdormu happens, but is interrupted when a demon strikeforce enters the Caverns led by Mephistroth. Furion then defeats Mephistroth and earns Nozdormu's trust.

Just a few ideas, some of them are pretty out there, but to be taken with a grain of salt

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Anyway here are some of my predictions, based on what I've see/heard, plus a few of my own.
Some of these will be quite unlikely, but here goes

Cries of the Aspects
Ally with the Dragon Aspects
Not sure of the location this map will take place in, possibly somewhere in Ashenvale (this chapter was previously called Giants of Ashenvale)
Red and Bronze Dragonflights are fighting the legion. Illidan and the Highborne are also here. Illidan is trying to gain the allegiance of Alexstrasza.
He runs into Malfurion, and the two square off in a duel, Tyrande shows up with Alexstrasza and helps Furion win. Alexstrasza tells Illidan he is serving a dark power and he retreats. Noticing he has Naga with him, Furion has the option to pursue some of them (Realm of the Tides).
While on the way to Nozdormu, Furion senses another fountain of power. He goes to destroy it, but Magtheridon appears, and serves as the boss battle for this chapter. Furion then somehow ends up in the Nightmare. Also maybe he never makes it to Nozdormu.

Dangerous Crossroads
Tyrande asks Cenarius and Medivh what to do, and takes part in the ritual that Medivh did in the Highborne campaign. Also may involve Illidan and Kath'ranis (this interlude was originally called Sorrows of the Quel'dorei). Mother Shahraz comes to negotiate with Illidan, but Illidan kills her instead. Azshara then reveals herself, and Illidan and Kath'ranis realize they have been working for her all along.

Eternal Nightmare
Have done plenty of speculating on this one, but is obviously Tyrande going to search for Malfurion, and Ysera in the Nightmare. That will probably be at the end of the chapter, but since we spend the entire chapter in the Nightmare, we could see a whole bunch of other things Nightmare related. Eredon and Xavius (okay now I'm certain he will show up), are the final bosses. Additionally Kil'Jaeden might send a demon to check on Eredon to see if he's preforming his task, possibly Anetheron, and Tyrande fights him on the way to saving Furion.

Final Conflicts
Furion and Tyrande realize they made need Illidan's help in combatting the demons. The Legion is attacking the main Naga/Highborne encampment and Furion and Tyrande find a downtrodden Illidan, realizing he's been tricked. Then teams up with Furion and Tyrande. Jaraxxus is the boss battle of this chapter as he killed Velinde earlier (not sure if that's still going to happen), and now Illidan has killed Shahraz so Jaraxxus will want vengeance. Or maybe before the boss battle Malfurion suddenly gets transported away somewhere and it's just Illidan and Tyrande fighting Jaraxxus. Malfurion gets trasnported to the Caverns of Time, where Nozdormu is distrustful of him. A boss battle with Nozdormu happens, but is interrupted when a demon strikeforce enters the Caverns led by Mephistroth. Furion then defeats Mephistroth and earns Nozdormu's trust.

Just a few ideas, some of them are pretty out there, but to be taken with a grain of salt
We can't be sure which character would be a boss fight and which one would die off-screen or in a cinematic/interlude. I'm pretty sure the outcome of the rebellion of dreadlords will determine which side will prevail over another - the rebelled dreadlords or the ones loyal to the Legion and the surviving ones will become potential bosses. Or there will not even be a rebellion, but rather some other outcome.

On the other side, why would you think Nozdormu would be hostile towards Malfurion in the first place? Together with Alexstrasza and Ysera, he was an ally of Medivh and later with Thrall in the Highborne story. Also, on the project page his bio is put in the Night Elves list, so he's not evil, neither would there be a reason for him to refuse to lend his aid to the Night Elves, at least for the good of the safety of Azeroth, just like the other two dragon aspects.

I'm expecting to see Highborne having a good role of the Good path. Due to a fact Malfurion was a power-hungry tyrant in the Evil story, we can only assume there wouldn't be Illidan to replace the Highborne Malfurion, so that a chance of a potential peace and allegiance between the brothers Stormrage wouldn't be completely impossible. Of course, there's also Azshara's naga faction that could make a good enforcer faction against the Legion. Or they could hide and take a chance to sieze the opportunity to storm the crippled Night Elves' defences at the Nordrassil and fight their way to the World Tree (since almost every faction is interested in consuming the powers of the World Tree). That said, I can only imagine how tough the hold out mission of the Night Elves would be...

Level 5
We can't be sure which character would be a boss fight and which one would die off-screen or in a cinematic/interlude. I'm pretty sure the outcome of the rebellion of dreadlords will determine which side will prevail over another - the rebelled dreadlords or the ones loyal to the Legion and the surviving ones will become potential bosses. Or there will not even be a rebellion, but rather some other outcome.

On the other side, why would you think Nozdormu would be hostile towards Malfurion in the first place? Together with Alexstrasza and Ysera, he was an ally of Medivh and later with Thrall in the Highborne story. Also, on the project page his bio is put in the Night Elves list, so he's not evil, neither would there be a reason for him to refuse to lend his aid to the Night Elves, at least for the good of the safety of Azeroth, just like the other two dragon aspects.

I'm expecting to see Highborne having a good role of the Good path. Due to a fact Malfurion was a power-hungry tyrant in the Evil story, we can only assume there wouldn't be Illidan to replace the Highborne Malfurion, so that a chance of a potential peace and allegiance between the brothers Stormrage wouldn't be completely impossible. Of course, there's also Azshara's naga faction that could make a good enforcer faction against the Legion. Or they could hide and take a chance to sieze the opportunity to storm the crippled Night Elves' defences at the Nordrassil and fight their way to the World Tree (since almost every faction is interested in consuming the powers of the World Tree). That said, I can only imagine how tough the hold out mission of the Night Elves would be...
That's an interesting thought. Yeah I guess not all the Dreadlords would have a boss battle. I'm saying we might fight Anetheron and Mephistroth somewhere in the campaign, not as an official boss battle, but as an optional quest (similar to Banehallow in chapter 5). But that they'd both be killed off by the rebelled Dreadlords is also possible. If Magtheridon is a boss battle (possibly because we never actually fought him in the Highborne campaign), it would be similar (a fountain of power would be discovered and Malfurion has an optional quest to destroy it),but it would be an actual boss battle (kind of like Fordred Aran in chapter 3, where he was a boss battle, but he was optional), unlike Aneth and Meph.

Ahh yeah when I said some things were unlikely, I was mainly referring to the Nozdormu thing. The only reason I thought this might be possible, is Nozdormu can see the future with evil Malfurion, ergo he doesn't trust him, but maybe I'm overthinking this.

It is quite possible the Highborne will eventually unite with the Sentinels, and abandon the Naga. I wonder if Jarod doesn't join you in Chapter 5 (if that's still going to be an optional quest), maybe we'll be able to play as Illidan alongside Furion and Tyrande (in chapters 9 and 10). Turnro has said all the boss battles in the Sentinel campaign will be different to those of the Highborne campaign. I suspect the only two that will be in both are Kil'jaeden and Azshara, and maybe possibly Kazzak during the Defense of Nordrassil chapter. We could also have Malfurion have a one on one with Illidan again.

Level 16
I just wish Velinde survives till the defense of nordrassil. Her skills are needed to lead the remaining Guardians to defend the world tree. Just as she did in highborne path, it would be fitting for her to die at the gates of nordrassil, the very grounds she swore to protect, instead of hounded by Jaraxxus. And I wish Jarod to lead Watchers in Maiev's place, and maybe die at the defense mission alongside Velinde. Both are renowned commanders. Both are willing to self-sacrifice for night elves. How Velinde survives the first encounter with Jaraxxus would be like this:
"Prepare to die, night elf!" Jaraxxus appears in front of the horn.
"I was prepared for you, demon." Velinde said, and in moments, she activated the secret defense that could only be activated by general. The secret energies of horn all burst in place, similar to wisp explosion, and Jaraxxus was bound by strong binding magic. Nonchalantly, Velinde retrieved the horn and escaped.
Maybe there would be a boss fight; Jaraxxus vs Velinde & Jarod, where he kills the commanders but the process distracts him enough for others to destroy other Legion leaders. This is slimly possible if he survives till the defense. And yes, Shanraz killed by Illidan would be possible, if she is foolish enough to encounter him directly. Realm of the Tides is obviously a naga mission. I think this mission could be where highborne discovers they've been working for naga all this time. Maybe Azshara makes an appearance to make bargains with Malfurion. Though night elves loathe naga, since Malfurion rallied makrura, he would be, albeit begrudgingly, willing to ally with naga to bolster the numbers. Ofc, he would look for a sign of betrayal. OR maybe naga and Legion join forces if Azshara is willing to make an audience with Kil'jaeden. She might still have soft spots for Legion. Yet betrayal is also highly likely since she can't accept him reaching well of eternity. She is truly a wild card of the story. Renegade dreadlords would like to seek Exiled One's release. Maybe after everything ends, the rogue Legion would depart from Azeroth as they would say uninterested in the matters of Azeroth. Dreadlords could be uninterested in Nordrassil and power and likely has other matters. First time in history, a peace treaty could be formed; though the stability is too fragile to be considered. :xxd:

Level 5
I just wish Velinde survives till the defense of nordrassil. Her skills are needed to lead the remaining Guardians to defend the world tree. Just as she did in highborne path, it would be fitting for her to die at the gates of nordrassil, the very grounds she swore to protect, instead of hounded by Jaraxxus. And I wish Jarod to lead Watchers in Maiev's place, and maybe die at the defense mission alongside Velinde. Both are renowned commanders. Both are willing to self-sacrifice for night elves. How Velinde survives the first encounter with Jaraxxus would be like this:
"Prepare to die, night elf!" Jaraxxus appears in front of the horn.
"I was prepared for you, demon." Velinde said, and in moments, she activated the secret defense that could only be activated by general. The secret energies of horn all burst in place, similar to wisp explosion, and Jaraxxus was bound by strong binding magic. Nonchalantly, Velinde retrieved the horn and escaped.
Maybe there would be a boss fight; Jaraxxus vs Velinde & Jarod, where he kills the commanders but the process distracts him enough for others to destroy other Legion leaders. This is slimly possible if he survives till the defense. And yes, Shanraz killed by Illidan would be possible, if she is foolish enough to encounter him directly. Realm of the Tides is obviously a naga mission. I think this mission could be where highborne discovers they've been working for naga all this time. Maybe Azshara makes an appearance to make bargains with Malfurion. Though night elves loathe naga, since Malfurion rallied makrura, he would be, albeit begrudgingly, willing to ally with naga to bolster the numbers. Ofc, he would look for a sign of betrayal. OR maybe naga and Legion join forces if Azshara is willing to make an audience with Kil'jaeden. She might still have soft spots for Legion. Yet betrayal is also highly likely since she can't accept him reaching well of eternity. She is truly a wild card of the story. Renegade dreadlords would like to seek Exiled One's release. Maybe after everything ends, the rogue Legion would depart from Azeroth as they would say uninterested in the matters of Azeroth. Dreadlords could be uninterested in Nordrassil and power and likely has other matters. First time in history, a peace treaty could be formed; though the stability is too fragile to be considered. :xxd:
Velinde might possibly survive, but it isn't the highest possibility, although her and Jarod fighting Jarraxus might be cool. Also interesting is Kath'ranis. After playing a major role in the Highborne storyline, I'm wondering if he'll get a happier ending, or at least a more satisfying defeat, rather than a betrayal. Azshara is hard to predict yes, but I find it hard to imagine her teaming up with the Sentinels. Her teaming up with the Legion would certainly be a huge surprise.
Ahh yes, that's very interesting, as we don't know what the Dreadlords motivations are; it would certainly be interesting if they were not actually after the Well of Eternity. Not sure about a peace treaty, but some of them might survive

Level 4
Velinde might possibly survive, but it isn't the highest possibility, although her and Jarod fighting Jarraxus might be cool. Also interesting is Kath'ranis. After playing a major role in the Highborne storyline, I'm wondering if he'll get a happier ending, or at least a more satisfying defeat, rather than a betrayal. Azshara is hard to predict yes, but I find it hard to imagine her teaming up with the Sentinels. Her teaming up with the Legion would certainly be a huge surprise.
Ahh yes, that's very interesting, as we don't know what the Dreadlords motivations are; it would certainly be interesting if they were not actually after the Well of Eternity. Not sure about a peace treaty, but some of them might survive
Well since I am thinking malfurion won't be as powerful as the highborne story line I think everyone would unite against the burning legion, even kath'ranis and all.

Also, does anybody knows the music used for cenarius and medivh boss fight? I can't find it anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Well since I am thinking malfurion won't be as powerful as the highborne story line I think everyone would unite against the burning legion, even kath'ranis and all.
Don't know if they would trust Azshara though.

The other thing I was wondering about is Jaraxxus and Eredon's relationship. In his bio it says Eredon is Kil'jaeden's top confidant, even more so than Jaraxxus. In the Council of the Legion interlude, Jaraxxus is the one who mentions the "Illusionist" not being present. It will be interesting to see if these two have any scenes with each other, as it seems they might resent one another for various reasons. Also if Xavius isn't in the campaign (which I highly doubt that he isn't now), maybe Jaraxxus will appear in the Nightmare chapter, and you fight the two Eredar together. Apart from anything else they both didn't have a big role in the Highborne campaign, so if they were both excluded could there be anything significant there

Also, does anybody knows the music used for cenarius and medivh boss fight? I can't find it anywhere
Yeah I also can't find the specific songs used.

Level 13
The other thing I was wondering about is Jaraxxus and Eredon's relationship. In his bio it says Eredon is Kil'jaeden's top confidant, even more so than Jaraxxus. In the Council of the Legion interlude, Jaraxxus is the one who mentions the "Illusionist" not being present. It will be interesting to see if these two have any scenes with each other, as it seems they might resent one another for various reasons. Also if Xavius isn't in the campaign (which I highly doubt that he isn't now), maybe Jaraxxus will appear in the Nightmare chapter, and you fight the two Eredar together. Apart from anything else they both didn't have a big role in the Highborne campaign, so if they were both excluded could there be anything significant there
It does make sense. After Kil'Jaeden took the leadership of the Legion, Jaraxxus became the leader of the Eredar, not Eredon. And like the Demons usually do, Eredon is jealous and wants that possition for himself. However Eredon doesn't posses the raw power like Jaraxxus, so he has to find another way to overthrow Jaraxxus. That would be my guess.

And why are you so "certain" that Xavius will show up?

Level 5
It does make sense. After Kil'Jaeden took the leadership of the Legion, Jaraxxus became the leader of the Eredar, not Eredon. And like the Demons usually do, Eredon is jealous and wants that possition for himself. However Eredon doesn't posses the raw power like Jaraxxus, so he has to find another way to overthrow Jaraxxus. That would be my guess.

And why are you so "certain" that Xavius will show up?
I'm not, to be honest, but everyone seems to be saying that he will, so I guess I'm kind of expecting it now, if you know what I mean.

Hmm yeah could be interesting to see if that plays out. Will Eredon's role be limited to the Nightmare/Dream storyline, maybe, but if not, he might try to kill Jaraxxus or something. I wonder if, in one of the interludes, Eredon's full backstory will be fleshed out

Level 5
Also with Xavius, there are Satyrs in almost all of the missions, so someone must be in charge of them, and allying with the Legion.

It may or may not happen, but a scene with Kil'Jaeden, Jaraxxus, and Eredon would be cool.
I don't know if Velen exists in Turnro's universe, but he and the Draenei could be brought up at some point.

Actually on a side note, Draenei, according to the official lore, means Exiled Ones. Perhaps The Exiled One is an Eredar?
Probably not, but if he was, I suspect he will be this character:

Level 13
Actually on a side note, Draenei, according to the official lore, means Exiled Ones. Perhaps The Exiled One is an Eredar?
God, I never though about that. How stupid of me! I always thought that the exiled one was an Ethereal, cause his bio and character fit their bio and character almost exactly. But it seems unrealistic, what would an Ethereal have to do with this story. I doubt it's Velen or a Draenei, cause Kil'Jaeden would never trust his sworn enemies to be his top lieutenant, but the Exile could very well be an Eredar too.

O.M.G and the Exiles bio (just checked) fits Thal'kiel perfectly. He was the one to summon Sargeras to Argus. I think you might just have figured it out!
That would explain his power of Arcane origin that Magtheridon described as almost demonic in nature.... Everything fits.

Last edited:
Level 5
God, I never though about that. How stupid of me! I always thought that the exiled one was an Ethereal, cause his bio and character fit their bio and character almost exactly. But it seems unrealistic, what would an Ethereal have to do with this story. I doubt it's Velen or a Draenei, cause Kil'Jaeden would never trust his sworn enemies to be his top lieutenant, but the Exile could very well be an Eredar too.

O.M.G and the Exiles bio (just checked) fits Thal'kiel perfectly. He was the one to summon Sargeras to Argus. I think you might just have figured it out!
That would explain his power of Arcane origin that Magtheridon described as almost demonic in nature.... Everything fits.
Oh dear. I hope I haven't spoilt a major reveal in the campaign!!! If I have I'm so sorry

Level 11
Oh dear. I hope I haven't spoilt a major reveal in the campaign!!! If I have I'm so sorry
Cheers, mate. I don't think there would be any other character who would fit the role of "Exiled One" better than this Thal'kiel. On the other side, the Exiled One may just keep his name in order not to make other characters like Thal'kiel appear in the campaign. By the way, the Exiled One seems to have a Night Elf Warden character skin, so I'm not sure whether Thal'kiel is an Eredar.

Level 5
Thal'kiel was even Archimonde's mentor, and later slain by Archimonde and called betrayer. It fits with the Exile being a betrayer and having a part in Archimonde's defeat. I see more and more arguments that you actually got it right.
Yeah this was the main reason I though it might be him.

Cheers, mate. I don't think there would be any other character who would fit the role of "Exiled One" better than this Thal'kiel. On the other side, the Exiled One may just keep his name in order not to make other characters like Thal'kiel appear in the campaign. By the way, the Exiled One seems to have a Night Elf Warden character skin, so I'm not sure whether Thal'kiel is an Eredar.
I'm not sure why he has a Night Elf Warden skin, as he's very clearly not a Night Elf. This could be his disguise. This was a reason I thought he could be an Ethereal (perhaps a former advisor to the Nexus King of K'aresh), but that world was destroyed by the void, not the legion, so he probably isn't an ethereal. I guess we'll find out when the campaign comes out (There's an interlude called Path of the Exiled, so maybe there), but yeah I hope I haven't spoiled this reveal

Last edited:
Level 13
By the way, the Exiled One seems to have a Night Elf Warden character skin, so I'm not sure whether Thal'kiel is an Eredar.
Pretty sure it's either just a "placeholder" model or his/her iron mask (Google "Man in the Iron Mask" if you don't know what I mean).
This was a reason I thought he could be an Ethereal (perhaps a former advisor to the Nexus King of K'aresh), but that world was destroyed by the void, not the legion, so he probably isn't an ethereal.
Actually, the Voidwalkers are part of the Legion in this universe. Their leader, though he has a different name, was a boss fight in chapter 6 of the Sentinel path. Of all the ideas, honestly Thal'kiel fits the Exile's description by far the most, and you noticed that Draenei means the Exiled, also works in favor. However he or she could be a completely original character, or even an original being. There are 4 100% original characters in this Campaign already (Velinde, Eredon, Zealthrun, Smolderas).
There's an interlude called Path of the Exiled, so maybe there
I'm pretty sure that interlude, judging by it's place in the Campaign, is actually about the Highborne and Illidan. The Exile and Zealthrun will likely be revealed in "Demons of the Past" interlude.

Btw, as it seems both Dreadlords and Eredar have internal power struggles that are gonna be playing a big part in the storylines.

Last edited:
Level 5
Pretty sure it's either just a "placeholder" model or his/her iron mask (Google "Man in the Iron Mask" if you don't know what I mean).

Actually, the Voidwalkers are part of the Legion in this universe. Their leader, though he has a different name, was a boss fight in chapter 6 of the Sentinel path. Of all the ideas, honestly Thal'kiel fits the Exile's description by far the most, and you noticed that Draenei means the Exiled, also works in favor. However he or she could be a completely original character, or even an original being. There are 4 100% original characters in this Campaign already (Velinde, Eredon, Zealthrun, Smolderas).

I'm pretty sure that interlude, judging by it's place in the Campaign, is actually about the Highborne and Illidan. The Exile and Zealthrun will likely be revealed in "Demons of the Past" interlude.

Btw, as it seems both Dreadlords and Eredar have internal power struggles that are gonna be playing a big part in the storylines.
Ah yeah I know what that means

Oh that's right Zar'shuul, and his voidwalkers. There were voidwalkers in the Legion in WoW too, or at least Warlocks can summon them. All in all though, the Exile probably isn't an Ethereal.
Yeah he could just be an original character, but if he IS an Eredar, that's guaranteed who he will be.

Ahh true yeah as that's just after Illidan and Kath'ranis get chased away by Furion and Faradrella. What about that image with Balnazzar and Varimathras though? Maybe that's from the new version of Council of the Legion.

There is one other character the Exile could be, but it's so obscure, and plus I don't want to accidentally spoil anything

Level 5
You mean about that orc? Interesting. Yes, I think it's from the new version of "Council of Legion".
Yeah okay. That would actually make sense about Illidan. There's also the interlude Rise of the Nathrezim, so the Exile might appear there also. It looks like Return to Azeroth is The Legions Return from 1.3. Battle Preparations seems like it's pretty obvious what that one is about. What were your predictions for each of the Interludes?

Umm...Orc? What Orc? No I wasn't referring to an Orc

Level 13
Yeah okay. That would actually make sense about Illidan. There's also the interlude Rise of the Nathrezim, so the Exile might appear there also. It looks like Return to Azeroth is The Legions Return from 1.3. Battle Preparations seems like it's pretty obvious what that one is about. What were your predictions for each of the Interludes?

Umm...Orc? What Orc? No I wasn't referring to an Orc
You weren't thinking about Gul'dan? I thought you were thinking about Gul'dan or Ner'zul, but Ner'zul already died in Rowan the wise. Never mind.

Let's see:
  • Council of the Legion - Leaders of the Burning Legion talk;
  • Path of the Exiled - about Illidan and the Highborne;
  • Fear of the Prophecy - Tyrande and Malfurion talk on what happened while he was sleeping;
  • The Return to Azeroth - Either the Legion or the Naga return;
  • Rise of the Nathrezim - about the Dreadlords, and their characters flashed out;
  • Battle Preparations - Night Elves and Legion prepare their forces for final battle;
  • Dangerous Crossroads - Malfurion and Faradrell get consumed by the Emerald Nightmare;
  • Demons of the Past - we learn about the Exile and Zealthrun;

Level 5
Yeah I pretty much think the same, except Illidan might also appear in Dangerous Crossroads, (kind of like Battle for Tomorrow and Pillars of Power, which had more than one group of characters)

Ahh I see. No in Rowan the Wise it states the Second War still happened in this time line so Gul'dan would have died then. Anyway to answer your question, no I was not talking about either of them (Gul'dan or Ner'zhul)

Level 5
In the main Warcraft timeline Thal'kiel is dead. The Skull of the Man'ari (the demonology warlock artifact weapon) is his skull. He could possibly be alive in Turnro's universe, ergo he is The Exiled One, but as you said it is more likely he is an original character. If The Exile IS an Eredar though, guaranteed it will be Thal'kiel, but we don't know his race

Last edited:
Level 30
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd share my thoughts on a small aspect for the upcoming release of Malfurion's Quest v2.0.

Quite a few people have asked if the Highborne tech-tree and units will receive any changes in the final version of the campaign. For the most part they won't, because I was quite happy with how they turned out in v1.3b and I don't see a reason for doing so other than for the sake of making changes.

With that being said, I will be revising a few things about the Highborne in order to fix up some balance and usability issues. Below are my plans so far which are subject to change:

- Arcane Towers now possess the Feedback ability

Reason for change: Arcane Towers currently stand as a basic defensive structure with nothing special about them. Granting towers the Feedback ability will grant them more versatility while also making them more effective at defending bases. For balance reasons, this ability will require an upgrade before usage which will be available at the Sky Tower
- Increased the mana cost of Clone from 250 mana to 300
- Reduced the damage dealt by summoned clones from 50% damage to 25%

Reason for change: Highmistresses are currently an overpowered spell-caster, largely due to their ability to summon clones that act as free units to soak up damage and assault enemy armies. A large reason that makes this spell so good is the ability to clone Heroes who generally have a high DPS. Reducing the damage cloned units can do, along with a slight mana cost, should better balance the spell by reducing their potential damage output during battle

- Reduced the damage dealt by Power Discharge from 70 to 50

Reason for change: Power Discharge is currently too good as a unit spell, as it allows players to mass up on Arcane Golems and spam the spell for easy instant damage. This spell will probably go through further iterations of changes, but for now a reduction to the damage dealt will suffice

Level 3
Hey Turnro !
Great news and changes up here ! I recently beat Malfurion's Quest Evil path in Hard mode, that was quite the ride ! :D

You say "upcoming" version 2.0 ? Now that's sounds like a hype, but what will be available in this version ? The good story path up to chapter 6 ? I'm looking forward for it !
Keep up the job man, you're the best ! :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Yeah I pretty much think the same, except Illidan might also appear in Dangerous Crossroads, (kind of like Battle for Tomorrow and Pillars of Power, which had more than one group of characters)

Ahh I see. No in Rowan the Wise it states the Second War still happened in this time line so Gul'dan would have died then. Anyway to answer your question, no I was not talking about either of them (Gul'dan or Ner'zhul)
Another thing, I remember the cutscene in chapter 1 or 2, where Malfurion, Tyrande and Cenarius banish the Highborne. The interlude Path of the Exiled could actually be about them. We know those Highborne would become the High Elves and eventually Blood Elves, so they might appear in the Campaign as well. Even Kath'ranis Remar is a Blood Elven name, so they might show up, to ally with the Night Elves perhaps.

Level 5
Another thing, I remember the cutscene in chapter 1 or 2, where Malfurion, Tyrande and Cenarius banish the Highborne. The interlude Path of the Exiled could actually be about them. We know those Highborne would become the High Elves and eventually Blood Elves, so they might appear in the Campaign as well. Even Kath'ranis Remar is a Blood Elven name, so they might show up, to ally with the Night Elves perhaps.
Ah yeah, it is quite likely the Highborne will eventually ally with the Sentinels, maybe for the battle at Nordrassil. I have noticed the Naga have new units, at least they did in the Highborne campaign, which led to someone saying a while back, that the Naga might be playable, ergo they'd join with the Sentinels. I see this as quite unlikely, unless Azshara doesn't reveal herself until the very end. Alternatively some of the Naga might separate from Azshara and join Illidan instead, but this does seem unlikely. It would be cool to play as some of them though. Will the Sentinel tech-tree be updated from 1.3?

Level 13
Ah yeah, it is quite likely the Highborne will eventually ally with the Sentinels, maybe for the battle at Nordrassil. I have noticed the Naga have new units, at least they did in the Highborne campaign, which led to someone saying a while back, that the Naga might be playable, ergo they'd join with the Sentinels. I see this as quite unlikely, unless Azshara doesn't reveal herself until the very end. Alternatively some of the Naga might separate from Azshara and join Illidan instead, but this does seem unlikely. It would be cool to play as some of them though. Will the Sentinel tech-tree be updated from 1.3?
The Naga would never ally themselves with Night Elves, weather they're Sentinel or Highborne is irrelevant. They don't really have new units, only one, I think it's a Naga Enchantress, most probably to balance out the Highborne Highmistress. They also have Sea Drakes, which are Chimeras with a different model. Idk if the Highborne will ally with the Sentinels, but what's obviouse is they won't be allying with Magtheridon, so they won't be having their most powerful units. Turnro made a post about Furbolg Shamans having different spells, apart from that about the tech tree I don't know.

Level 11
Ah yeah, it is quite likely the Highborne will eventually ally with the Sentinels, maybe for the battle at Nordrassil. Will the Sentinel tech-tree be updated from 1.3?
It is likely to happen in the interlude Dangerous Crossroads, even if their alliance might only be temporarly. And yes, the Sentinels' tech-tree will be updated. Check it out on the first page right below the chapter/interlude project list. It has been updated awhile ago.

Level 5
The Naga would never ally themselves with Night Elves, weather they're Sentinel or Highborne is irrelevant. They don't really have new units, only one, I think it's a Naga Enchantress, most probably to balance out the Highborne Highmistress. They also have Sea Drakes, which are Chimeras with a different model. Idk if the Highborne will ally with the Sentinels, but what's obviouse is they won't be allying with Magtheridon, so they won't be having their most powerful units. Turnro made a post about Furbolg Shamans having different spells, apart from that about the tech tree I don't know.
They allied with Illidan though (or pretended to). You're correct they would never ally with the Sentinels, but the Highborne at full army capacity...the only reason the Naga were capturing them is because they weren't working with Illidan anymore. Azshara seems interested in Illidan, not necessarily the Highborne, but if he's leading them, it all depends on whether Azshara will send them out again, or she will reveal herself immediately.

Yeah the Sea Drakes were what made me think of the new units haha.

It is likely to happen in the interlude Dangerous Crossroads, even if their alliance might only be temporarly. And yes, the Sentinels' tech-tree will be updated. Check it out on the first page right below the chapter/interlude project list. It has been updated awhile ago.
Either there, or it is one of the objectives of Final Conflicts (if Illidan appears in that chapter)

Yeah I checked there. It looks very similar to the 1.3 version of the Sentinels tech tree. I was wondering if there would be new units (maybe Emerald Dragons) or something like that

Level 11
I was wondering if there would be new units (maybe Emerald Dragons) or something like that
I'm not sure about that, since there are so many units of the Sentinel tech-tree already. The Emerald Dragon sounds like a unit that could belong to Ysera's faction, because Ysera is a guardian of the Emerald Dream, after all.

Level 5
I'm not sure about that, since there are so many units of the Sentinel tech-tree already. The Emerald Dragon sounds like a unit that could belong to Ysera's faction, because Ysera is a guardian of the Emerald Dream, after all.
Maybe if we rescue her from the Nightmare, some of her Dragons, join us while defending Nordrassil or something like that

Level 5
One character we haven't talked about much is Medivh. I find it interesting that he is in independent forces, rather than the Night Elves and their Allies section. It will be interesting to see if he has some secret agenda, but probably not

Level 16
I think Naga being playable is possible. Normally, techtree must consist of at least 10 units to become playable. Naga have following units: mur'gul worker, mur'gul reaver, snap dragon, myrmidon, dragon turtle, siren, couatl, tidemistress, sea drake, and royal guard. So, this fulfills the main requirement. New extra units would be trainable "special" sea elementals not the summoned ones.
Highborne won't be able to get demoness and felhound, so they are likely to be replaced or Highborne techtree might somewhat merge with Sentinel one to create choice system for Night elf. I just wish playing as Guardians would become possible as the line of choice. They have: elite archer, elite huntress, hippogryph, elite sentry, glaive thrower, ancient guardian, and possibly wildkin being introduced to their armies in future. It's much fewer units than Sentinel's but their units are much stronger so that would be a nice balance. If Ysera's dragons are gonna be applicable, they could merge with Cenarion Circle techtree, and yet another choice of playing as the latter would be introduced. xD

Level 13
Also I can't quite remember if it is explained or not, but how did Kil'Jaeden get past Medivh, into Nordrassil, in the Highborne campaign?
Malfurion entered through the main gate, which was defended by Medivh, so Malfurion had to face him and Azshara. Kil'Jaeden took the back entrance through the grey Night Elf Dragonflights base. I don't think Medivh will have a significant role in the Good part. There are enough caracters already.

Pretty sure Dragons, Wildkin and Furbolgs won't be playable, maybe only as mercenaries.

Level 5
Ah yes that's right there was that other Dragonflight base. Maybe Kil'Jaeden fought Alextrasza there. My theory is Kil'Jaeden killed Alextrasza, and Azshara killed Jarod (sometime after the explosion, but before meeting Illidan).
Yeah Medivh probably won't have a big role, maybe just leading the defenses at Nordrassil.
I think Naga being playable is possible. Normally, techtree must consist of at least 10 units to become playable. Naga have following units: mur'gul worker, mur'gul reaver, snap dragon, myrmidon, dragon turtle, siren, couatl, tidemistress, sea drake, and royal guard. So, this fulfills the main requirement. New extra units would be trainable "special" sea elementals not the summoned ones.
Highborne won't be able to get demoness and felhound, so they are likely to be replaced or Highborne techtree might somewhat merge with Sentinel one to create choice system for Night elf. I just wish playing as Guardians would become possible as the line of choice. They have: elite archer, elite huntress, hippogryph, elite sentry, glaive thrower, ancient guardian, and possibly wildkin being introduced to their armies in future. It's much fewer units than Sentinel's but their units are much stronger so that would be a nice balance. If Ysera's dragons are gonna be applicable, they could merge with Cenarion Circle techtree, and yet another choice of playing as the latter would be introduced. xD
Wow that's a lot of options. Definitely not all of them will be playable. I assume we won't control Cenarius and Ysera themselves, as that would be to OP

Level 5
So far in the 1.3 Sentinel version Mountain Giants and Chimera haven't appeared, but they probably will in a later mission. They were in Ysera's Heart (probably my favorite mission in the Highborne campaign), so they will definitely appear

Level 13
Ah yes that's right there was that other Dragonflight base. Maybe Kil'Jaeden fought Alextrasza there. My theory is Kil'Jaeden killed Alextrasza, and Azshara killed Jarod (sometime after the explosion, but before meeting Illidan).
Yeah Medivh probably won't have a big role, maybe just leading the defenses at Nordrassil.

Wow that's a lot of options. Definitely not all of them will be playable. I assume we won't control Cenarius and Ysera themselves, as that would be to OP
No, Alexstrasza was meant to be a boss fight, but got cut due to time release. Jarod isn't even mentioned in Evil path, which is kinda the only thing I don't like about it. In the first post there is a full Sentinel tech tree, it makes it obvious that Mountain Giants and Chimeras will appear.