1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is possible to have random items drop from creeps in Warcraft 3. This was a deliberate feature to make the item drops a little different each time you played the campaign.

2. TheGamerEdgaras12

TheGamerEdgaras12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why you removed Sentinel Path i wanted to how is going with other chapters

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    They removed the Sentinel Path because they are going to most likely review them and later improve them.

4. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! The end of 2019 is upon us, and the time has come for me to give in update in regards to the development of Malfurion's Quest. In addition, I also need to inform you all how my campaign series will be affected by the release of Warcraft 3: Reforged.

Enjoy the video and I look forward to continue making Warcraft 3 content in 2020 :)

5. Atasha JG

Atasha JG

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So can we still play it in the original wc3?

6. Graetgames

Graetgames

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes you can once Reforges has been released

7. ppjysn

ppjysn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I just played this campaign and right now at the third chapter...
    And I noticed that the map causes so much lag.
    The cinematics ran fine even the chapters and interlude that came before it. However, when the game starts where I should be taking control of Malfurion and the other sentinels, the game lags so much. When I pause, the lag decreases gradually to a point where it's smooth again but when I un-pause, it just lags again.

This is the first time, the game lagged this much. I really wanna play it, has anyone else got this issue before?

8. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome campaign @Turnro, really excellent stuff

9. Merrein

Merrein

Resources:
    Resources:
    At the current time, there is no such feature as custom campaign in Reforged, so what will happen to your projects if blizz does not do anything. I was really (and still am) hyped about the final version of Malfurions quest. I just hope all of your awesome work will not be for nothing

10. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is too early at this stage to know exactly what will happen. All we can do for now is wait and see.

11. New Player

New Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is the sentinels chapter will release before the full reforge or patch 1.32 (if this a thing).

12. Graetgames

Graetgames

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's possible they forgot to add Custom campaign button in Reforged like on ROC (Raign of Chaos) they mmight as well add this feature back in (as well as bug fixes/graohic fiuxes)

13. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm being an annoyance here, but any approximate release date for Malfurion's Quest V.2.0?

14. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. Malfurion's Quest will be released when it is ready :)

15. revenge34

revenge34

Resources:
    Resources:
    Malfurion's Quest Sentinel Campaign when it will go out

16. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    When it's ready.

17. YOU R NOT PREp

YOU R NOT PREp

Resources:
    Resources:
    really excellent works here
    looking forward to that sentinel campaign

18. 5085072209

Resources:
    Resources:
    Greetings, Turnro

Are there any news on the Sentinel path development? And will you make the entire campaign compatible for 1.27 patch, since it is impossible to play on the later patches, since all later patches have been affected by the Reforged release, and are unable to play custom campaigns?

19. Cenarius59

Cenarius59

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I'm only at chapter 3 on hard and I already gave up. Any advice on how to beat Illidan's base? They are basically your units but far superior. They have full tech tree while you only have the first level upgrades and adept casters at best, plus Illidan has one additional unit with a stun. Malfurion and Kathranis also cannot do anything because they are always silenced for some reason. When I look at the debuff icon it says orb of sight but somehow it silences also? Also AI doesn't seem to break aggro either so I can't even protect my siege units to focus buildings. I could really use some help here.

Edit: Finally I did it. What I did was that I trained mass glaive launchers and a frontliner group, faced an incoming attack near the gold mine closer to the Illidan's base and used Malfurion's ulti to quickly wipe them so they don't build in the meantime (gotta be lucky to not get interrupted though), draw the group within the base to yourself a little bit then finish off with glaive launchers. I guess they were the answer all along. Appreciate the answer below as well, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  20. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Silencing heroes is Sorceress master spell. Be careful use your own Sorceress anti magic shell and focus on killing enemy sorceresses first. Maximize your army and upgrades and attack from the left, use Malfurion's ultimate as effective as possible and Kath'ranis Crystals on Priests, so they wouldn't revive Sorceresses. You probably won't be able to succeed on your first try. Attack them from the left side of your base, going to the right will trigger the optional quest and Furbolg attacks. Once you have destroyed all of enemy structures, leave one magic training building, so that you could do the optional and kill creeps if you like. The attacks from one mage building won't be that frequent.