• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making UI Human console transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do i do it? Is it possible? Has anyone done it? Please let me know my options in messing with it. I want it to be transparent but i don't think that i'm ever going to get that wish. So what else, besides graphic, can i do to it?

Level 11
I'm almost certain there is no way to make it transparent.

You can change how it looks, and thats about it. (Meaning you can modify the pictures it displays to make up the UI)

Level 9
I know i can mod it graphically.. I figured there may have been someone who figued out what each UI graphical file did and could tell me yay or nay.

I don't understand where they get the black mask from if not from the UI. How, and more importantly, WHY would it be hard-coded into the game. It doesn't make sense.

Level 19
there must be a way because tooltip boxes are transparent try same image for both
if it works make one with photoshop (its the only thing I know that includes transparency) well

<offtopic>To Mods approve my spell pack<offtopic>

Level 9
Do you know where i can find the data that creates the black mask ("black square") at the bottom? If it's in the MPQ and not hard-coded as i stated, then i can make it transparent. This is what i was talking about. Someone may know where it is. Since it's one color, it could be an 8x8 .BLP, for all i know, but it COULD be that small and the program just stretches the image.

Level 9
Thanks for the replies. Since i cannot make it go away, my current problem is actually modifying the UI graphically and then importing it back and it not showing up at all.

It seems to me that there is a certain boundary for each piece, a boundary unknown to me. However, even if i add a simple paint mark to any of it, even within the given UI graphic, it simply will not show up at all. There is not one tutorial (on any WC3 modding site) that explains how to mod the UI interface, and has suffiencient detail as to cover such a problem, or avoid it in the first place.

Could someone please give me a simple step-by-step how-to. I don't need it extremely detailed, i can figure out what one may mean when they say it.

Thanks.

Level 9
The first link doesn't tell you WHY not to bursh the borders, and then tells you to go ahead and color them, or change them. Stupid..

Thanks for the second link but i won't be using heros in my map.

Thanks for the third link but i don't need that either.

I'll give it another go.. If i can't make it work i'll be very upset and will be back to "EDIT" or reply.

EDIT: I found the UI models. I edited them as best as i could with the limited knowledge i have with models but to no avail. I really don't understand why they are models but some are under
Objects>Console

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.