• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Siphon Mana target allies (and take away mana)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok, this may sound very stupid but I can't solve this problem: How can I make a spell based on Siphon Mana than can be casted on allies, enemies and your own units? I've tried already by setting permitted targets to Friends, Enemies and Player's units, but it still doesn't work... HELP!!!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If you're asking how to make it take away mana from allies, then I don't know, but if it's not working the way it should, then you're most likely using an old patch.
Go to Map Options, look down until you find Patch used and select Melee Game Patch (current) or something similar. This option is automatically turned to an outdated patch when the map is no longer considered melee.

Level 13
I'm completaly updated... (One of the few who doesn't have any problems with the new patch o_O)
Yes, that is exactly what I want to do, substract mana from allies...

Level 5
And you would want to take mana away from your allies why? lol I don't think they'd be too happy.

Level 6
Rui is right. Select your WE and click the "Scenario" in the menu, then go to "Map Options...", on the very bottom it says "Game Data Set" and change it to "Melee (Latest Patch)" then it should work because I just tested it myself... :cute:

Level 13
YES! IT WORKS! Thank you very much, everyone! For your knowledge of WE or for effort, +rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.