• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siphon Mana problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
hello everyone, i have a problem with Siphon Mana.

whenever i target my own unit, it said 'must target an enemy unit'.
but when i target my enemy, it said 'must target friendly unit'.

i had already read up this Reverse siphon mana, but the TS didn't give a proper answer :goblin_cry:

he said 'Something in Gameplay Constants was preventing the reverse effect.'
but i couldn't figure what is 'Something in Gameplay Constants' were.

anyone know how to fix this problem ?

Level 12
If you dont want to use the system, set the Constant 'Gameplay - Drain Transfers Mana' to true

already set this to true but the problem still occurred.

You should be able to configure my http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...siphon-mana-problem-226250/s...0-05-a-222215/ system to do just that, except that it isn't channelled, if that's an important aspect that you need.

actually, i don't want any of the effects from the siphon mana, i just want the lightning the spell creates. something like this for every 0.03 seconds

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600 of tempPoint matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set tempPoint2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at tempPoint2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Dummy Siphon (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Dummy Siphon (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Liquid Absoprtion for Caster)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Siphon Mana (Picked unit)
      • Unit - Add a LA_Duration[cv] second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
but it only creates a lot of dummy without casting any spells. :goblin_jawdrop:
that's why i am here to ask this thing.

i already tried the second choice, that is to create lightnings constantly. but i don't know how to destroy it, when i do this

• Lightning - creates lightning
  • Lightning - Destroy (Last created lighting effect)
it didn't show any lightning effect at all X(

Level 12
already set this to true but the problem still occurred.

Then you should recheck your valid targets list I guess.
If its still not working you may post the testmap and I will try to fix it.

Level 12
Then you should recheck your valid targets list I guess.
If its still not working you may post the testmap and I will try to fix it.

hmm, i figured out what's the problem i think. i set all the value field to 0 (mana transferred, mana drained, etc), i think that might be the problem. when i set it to 0.01 instead of 0, i can cast the spell.

anyway, thank you for both of you. +rep

@ruleronfiron99 have to spread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.