• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Signatures (NEW THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lordgriffin: I had some fun with this one :xxd:. Sorry that the animation is so choppy, had to keep it under a curtain size so it will upload on image shack.

I tried to make the one with the griffin but it was very difficult.

Hope you like it.

cowabductedxr5.gif

Code:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/475/cowabductedxr5.gif

Here is the other one with the correct name. The transparency was f-ing up so i had to do it differently :/

Hope you like it.

cowabductedgo1.gif

Code:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4421/cowabductedgo1.gif

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Ive been out of town for last little while, so Im just gettin back to this thread, ill check if anyone has requested anything that hasnt been done.

EDIT: Could you find the picture of the kraken you want in your sig, there are lots of pics but none are very good. Pick the one you think is the best and I will use it in ur sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Itd be cool if you could have like the tentacles moving or something, but im not entirely sure how you would do that.

I found 2 pics I like though, I like the 2nd one more than the first, but what ever is easiest, if the animated would be difficult dont worry about it.

Attachments

• SteelKraken.jpg
    SteelKraken.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 89
  • leviathan kraken.jpg
    leviathan kraken.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for rep kraken, I tried both picture in the signature and I tried a ton of diff ways to make the other pic fit but couldnt get it to look better than this one.

EDIT: If you want the picture centered in your sig go to the place where you edit the sig, then click right in front of where code for pic starts, and click the center text button.

Yes, it is an animated GIF image. Here is how you animate:

1. You start with a base image.
picture3hn1.jpg

2. Duplicate base image layer at least 1 to how many you want.( You need 5 for this scale)
picturns4.jpg

3. Create a text in another window(make sure the pixel x pixel is the same value). Add filters scrip fu etc. And copy it.
picture12yh7.jpg

4. Paste the text into a layer with 20 opacity then gradually add opacity to each layer by 20.(You can use what ever scale you want, but this is how i do it) ex: 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%
picture1js4.jpg

----------
----------
picture21wy0.jpg

Then save as a .GIF file and hit "Save as animation"
picture41qg2.jpg

Thats how you make fading text and appearing texts.

Attachments

• animat.gif
    animat.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,360
Level 3
Hey could make a signature Deep_Sea_Kraken's (the animated) Just with an icebear picture where there stands "Icebears" "They are smarter than" "YOU!" :p

0058.isbjoern.michio_hoshino.091455.jpg

Could u maybe remove the text at this picture here and maybe use that one or ?

Level 34
Hey I noticed the Sig Shop is back in town (forum). Good luck on your future sigs. What do you use anyway for them? Gimp? Regular Paint? Photoshop? Artrage? To lazy to show mine but hey, maybe I can help. :)

Level 3
Kaitech[SanD];391801 said:
I'm starting to make desktops, avatars, whatnot and everything else in GIMP. I realise with the new update it is just as good as Photoshop, in fact, better! It's free!
Where do you download GIMP ? :wthumbsup:

-Please Read this before Posting-
Requests must have these requirements:

1. Useable Picture(s)

2. Font (Style/Color)

3. Border (Style/Color)

4. Filters and(or) Lighting Effects

NOTE: Of course you don't need all of these items just specify what you do and don't want. :thumbs_up:
----------------------------------
Important Note: Posts that are Ignored will have 7 days to contact me or they will be removed

I need a picture to base the image off of.

@Ghost-: If you have a mac, google "gimp.app" if you have a windows just search "gimp"

And just practice makes perfect, play around with filters and light effects. You'll get the hang of it after a while :wink:

For example: My current sig was done without using any background images, It was all filters and texts. (not counting the fire that i added later :wink:)

Whoever sells you Photoshop for $20 is not selling legitimate software. Unless they want to loose several thousand dollars.

You can get most software for cheap at this site though(as long as you are a student).

http://www.journeyed.com/home.asp

@TheDivineBoss: yes it was a filter rape :wink:

And i use 390x140 for most of my sigs though sometimes its hard to get it to work(especially when the base image is too tall)

Yes, it is an animated GIF image. Here is how you animate:

1. You start with a base image.
picture3hn1.jpg

2. Duplicate base image layer at least 1 to how many you want.( You need 5 for this scale)
picturns4.jpg

3. Create a text in another window(make sure the pixel x pixel is the same value). Add filters scrip fu etc. And copy it.
picture12yh7.jpg

4. Paste the text into a layer with 20 opacity then gradually add opacity to each layer by 20.(You can use what ever scale you want, but this is how i do it) ex: 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%
picture1js4.jpg

----------
----------
picture21wy0.jpg

Then save as a .GIF file and hit "Save as animation"
picture41qg2.jpg

Thats how you make fading text and appearing texts.

My GIMP doesn't look anything like that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.