• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making my own group , How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently asked Orcnet about this
Stryderzero said:
Hey Orcnet , is it possible for the users like me to create my new group? Just Asking. :)
And he replied
Orcnet said:
Click the join social groups then once your in that interface look below its page and you will see "Create a New Group", but if its not there you should then ask an administrator for the permission, else go to Staff Contact. I guess that's how Ralle runs the show now unlike before.

I want to create my own group for my project (I think its allowed)
So , am i going to inform/tell the administrator to make me a group since i cant make my own because of having a new system of creating social groups here as what orcnet said.

Level 22
but if we, members can also make a group
hiveworkshop will full of (useless, gave no purposes, etc) group and then staff will hardly clean them up (maybe it's not hard but it'll give staff more job to do, right?)
even if we use some requirements like you did mention:
Can us members also make groups (or maybe limit to 1/member and they must have minimum of X post/X rep)?
limited to 1 member, what if that member make a group to discussed his project?
so when he has another project, he has to delete his first group to make a new one?
that's just inefficient
let's say the minimum post is 500, member with low post can't make a group, so there is a chance they'll spam or broke the rules to increases his posts, but for positive reason yes they can be useful and more active to help another member to gain more posts
rep? not everyone can get reps so easily, yet like the reason i mentioned before:
"they can be useful and more active to help another member"
yeah, everything needs to be balanced.. this is just my opinion but i think the current rule is good, because
staff can know the purposes and know it won't be a useless group so if that group doesn't has a purposes, staff will delete it
members have a rights to make a group with their current position (low posts/reps/etc)
as long they have a group with purposes and useful for the other members

...Isn't it self explanatory? Threads you create there are visible only to you and the staff.

Rheiko said:
just tell the staff about your group like:
Group Name: ?
Group Classification: ? (gaming, etc)
Group Description: ?
Group Members: ?

something like that, and yes it's self explanatory

Okay thanks for the information.

Roland

R

Roland

If there is no Staff contact method thingy, Some of the users would make Inappropriate groups.. Examples are Illuminati, Anti-ralle, Anti-Hive or whatever.. It's a really good thing you can use Staff contact to be sure that you can create good groups, not bad groups... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.