• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making Custom Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I recently downloaded the War3 model editor on my computer, I can access it and do everything but when I search for the MPQ files in the original game nothing shows up so I can’t do anything, where do I find the MPQs and how do I bring them to the normal WCIII directory?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Retera's Model Studio

Are you using this^^^ The old model editors use MPQ but the new Warcraft 3 patches use CASC. Try using that program I linked, it has access to the CASC files.

If you insist on using the older patches then what I did before was use a program called CASCView to access the CASC files. Just be careful, I had to re-install Warcraft 3 after it broke my editor (I BELIEVE it was because I had the editor open while I used CASCView, which was apparently not a good idea. But it was working great for me after I learned not to do that).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.