• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

making a wooden spear and need help to attach it to the villager's left hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just downloaded the warcraft 3 model editor and I succesfully made a simple wooden spear out from the ammo dump model and I saved the file but whenever I see my own wooden spear the model is not in the villagers left hand but instead it's floating in the back of the villager.How can I fix this I want to align my wooden spear properly to the villager's left hand so whenever the villager pick up the item attachment i want to see it correctly.plss help

Level 22
you don't have to edit the model with Warcraft 3 Model Editor. Object Editor and Import Manager from World Editor is enough. In case you don't know how:

First of all, import your desired model (Wooden Spear) with import manager. Right click on import manager and i think you'll find your own way from there.
Erase the war3mapImported\YourModelName.mdx (usually this is not needed but it's up to you)
Save the map

Create a new ability in Object Editor based on Item Damage Bonus
Set the attack bonus to 0, so it won't give your hero any bonus
Change Art - Target to your wooden spear
Change Art - Target Attachment Point 1 to hand, left

Status
Not open for further replies.