• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Make unit stand still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello, Hive!

I've got a question here. It might inolve as much object editor work as trigger editor, so I was not sure where to post it. Anywhere, here we go:

How do I make a unit perfectly still? I am trying to make Golem Guardians, that don't move AT ALL and can't be clicked - litteraly like statues. When a certain trap is triggered, the golems are released, clickable and normally moving. Any ideas? Thanks!

Level 25
Give them locust ability so you cannot target them and when map loads, pause them.
When they are triggered, unpause them and remove locust (you may need to hide and unhide the unit iirc after you remove locust, but the unit will still be a bit weird). Or you can make two units - one is unmoving statue with locust and the other is the "active" version. When statues are triggered, you replace statue for active golem.

Last edited:
Level 14
You can set their animation speed to zero and they will not move at all. Then reset the animation speed to default when you want them to move.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You can set their animation speed to zero and they will not move at all. Then reset the animation speed to default when you want them to move.

that wont work. It will just make the unit move without playing any animation. (being freezed)

In that case you need to set movement speed and turn speed to 0 as well.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
that wont work. It will just make the unit move without playing any animation. (being freezed)

In that case you need to set movement speed and turn speed to 0 as well.

I still haven't tried, but that should theoretically work, since both animation, movment and turn speed can be adjusted by triggers if I am not mistaken. This means that I set all of the above to 0 and when trap is prung, I adjust to desired values. Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.