• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Make Unit Invisible And Undetectable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
is there any triggers that can make a unit invisible and undetectable by wards and true sight? i need to to help conceal a unit which i still wanna control... but i've tested out many methods and all of them dun work... please help... :cry:

Level 4
Hmm, maybe you modify the true sight instead of removing it. If there's no other invisible units that would work.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
Unit - Hide

Why not just use that? Unless the player needs to see the unit, then probably not possible.

Level 3
i tried giving a unit ghost ability, but when i make it to 100% transparent, when the unit is detected by true sight or any wards that detect invisible units, it will still be visible instead of fully transparent, any idea why? :confused:

Level 15
yes because the true sight make units visible to the player, it mean this:

Unit as 50% transparency for owner player
Unit as 0% transparency for enemy
Unit as 50% transparency when is detected

so it won't work, also if u press ALT u will see a life bar up the unit.

The best thing to do may be invulnerable and permanent invisibility

Level 6
What does the Unit in you map? Is it a dummy Unit?

You could use no model and give it locust ability (can't select or see it). But you can't "control" it after it has locust...

So an Option would be Create, Order, add locust.... But it depends on what that Unit is used for :/

Level 3
ok the problem is, permanent invisibility can still be detected by true sight.... and for the unselectable part, i wanna give it to my own hero, to prevent it from being seen by others ( yes, a cheat trigger) please help! :cry:

Level 3
erm if i do it, it will jsut make the other players' heroes undetectable too, and this will screw up my game, which i dun wan to... any other ideas? does giving the unit "ghost" and "permanent invisibility" help? :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.