• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making icons invisible problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello guys,

I need some help as well and I was wondering if anyone could give me a solution to my problem. By making some of my spells for my techtree of my campaign (see http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=720 for more info) I wanted to give the units some bonuses, which can unfortunately only be offered through abilities. For example, the Light Aura skill allows units at level 3 to see invisible ones. So, I made a trigger which gave all units who had the buff of the aura but didn't have the Detect ability, the ability itself.

Well, the thing is that once I give the ability, there appears an icon at the unit's control window (where you have attack, move, patrol, hold position and other abilities). Well, I was wondering if anyone could help me make passive skills invisible. To confirm my problem, please check my map and try the skills "Shemshra Move" (it is a skill of the Farie Dragon) and "Light Aura" (paladin).

Example of invisible skills are usually item skills. I personally tried to make the two skills (Detect and Evasion) item and give them no icon but so, it doesn't work. So if anyone has an idea of solving this, please post here.

~Daelin

Level 16
Okay. I gave a unit with a hero ability based off Mask of Death. I set the icon and everything, but the icon wouldn't appear once loaded. Hence, that. Try creating the ability directly off the item ability, and then you just set it to "unit." Usually this would remove the icon, but because you are giving them the ability as a result of an aura, I have no idea what else you can do

Level 16
I know what you could do.
When you have the aura (learned it), create a dummy unit. Then, with all the units, give them a dummy spell book with all the passive skills in it. Whenever they are under the buff, the unit will spawn, thus completing the techtree for the passive skill

Level 16
The spell book is a black icon, and within it are more black iconed passive skills, which require a dummy unit in order to be active. When you learn the skill, you create the dummy via triggers. All the passive abilities of any of those auras are inside, and the techtree of the dummy should complete it.

Level 4
Daelin even if you do that the tool-tip box will still appear unfortunatly, but i guess its better then before. You could allways just use a normal icon with a normal tooltip.

Level 11
here's my idea

okay here's what i'd say you do. First get someone to or make your own transparent action, then you can do one of two things:

1) make a . for a desciption and name, using JASS make it the about same colour as the box and then turn in transparent.

2) leave the description, blank, go to gamplay interface find the place where it says what to do when there is no tooltip, and remove 'No tool tip' and replace it with nothing. I am not sure if it actually allows nothing though...

the box may still come up, but there will be nothing in it, so the player won't care. it doesn't work for channelled spells, since the green thing comes up, or you can override the green outline, but putting in another transparent icon.

Level 11
I actually solved it but I still have to fix a stuff. THe idea is to base it off anything that doesn't warn you about tooltip and not even a trick color is needed. All you have to do is type for both title and description |cffffcc00|r because in this case, this doesn't type anything but the box isn't empty so you practically make it believe that something will appear. ;) Check my pack to see it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.