• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wierd problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay. I created a Hero who specializes in generating healing auras.

His 1st skill blasts an enemy for 320 damage maximum, and creates a 5 second healing aura that restores up to 320 hit points for each affected unit.

His 2nd skill creates a 12 second healing aura that restores 5 hit points per second every time it is cast.

The 3rd skill is a passive ability that has a chance of creating a 1% per second healing aura when attacking.

The 4th skill is a passive ability that has a chance of doubling the effect of all Blood auras (that's what all these restoring auras are called)

For some reason, when I cast the second skill and immediately follow it with an order to attack, my hit points are restored to full.

I'm positive it's not an error with my triggers, because all the triggers do is create a dummy unit with a different healing aura dummy ability on each of them, and set them to the level of the ability they correspond to+1.

Level 1 of the dummy abilities affects only the dummy unit, to prevent the healing auras from activating whenever the dummies are summoned for a spell that doesn't require the auras.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If anyone can find the error, or find a different way to make these skills work, or write a JASS script to replace the triggers I use, please tell me.

Tnx.

Level 15
You say the healing aura heals 1% max hp. In the spell editor, some values are expressed as percentages(for example you write 65 in such a field) yet some values are real where 1 equals 100%, maybe if it was a real field and you typed 1 in it, that would restore your hp to 100%. Try setting that field to 0.01, maybe it'll work.

Level 5
To Volvox: Yeah, I wrote .01. I've realized it's a fact to do so if there's a field saying "Percentage -- True/False."

To Lord DZ: Hmm. Stackable... yeah, they're supposed to stack. All auras are based off Healing ward aura, since that stacks, and only the values are edited. As for posting a map... erm... how'd you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.