• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Blink Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello guys! I've a blink problem need someone to help me fix , here is the problem : I base my Blink on Shockwave , and I have another skill also blink on shockwave. I created a Trigger for my blink :

Event - Unit - A unit start an effect of an ability
Condition - Ability being cast equal to Blink
Actions - Unit - Move (Casting Unit) Instantly to (target point of Ability being cast)

That was my Blink trigger base on shockwave. But when I test my map , The blink has no cooldown and my other skill was mess with blink. eg :1st time I use blink , it active other skill , 2nd skill I use blink , it active Blink (P/S : I have made a Correct Hotkey). Anyone have an idea about that? thanks.

Level 7
Make sure your spells' Order Strings do not conflict. If you have an unit with two spells that have the same order strings, they will conflict.

Level 13
uhm... i hope you're adding editor suffixes to your abilities.
if you don't do that it'll be too easy to get them screwed up.
i usually do (warden), (potm), stuff likethat, unit name in the suffix. but you can put whatever you want, as long as it helps you not mess around with the wrong ability. another thing to watch for is you can actually put up the display values as raw data in the object editor. this will also help you to differentiate them, since every object name is prefixed with a 4 digit code.
as an example of what else you could name them: (1cd1000r) for 1 cooldown and 1000 range, and another would be (60cd500r) 60 cooldown and 500 range, and you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.