• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

two spell problems (blink and visibility range)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
problem 1:
i want to let my hero blink just as the warden does.. and give her an additional blink that should make her blink all over the map (like in tides of blood)

the problem is that whenever is create two blink spells.. and just want to blink a few squares the map-blink gets activated.. how can i avoid that? the cooldown of the map-blink shouldnt get activated when i just use the standart blink. i tried to trigger a spell that whenever i use smth (engangle or so) my hero gets teleportet to that point.. so that i create my own spell. the bad thing is.. it just entangles the target unit.. so by copying another spell it doesnt work as it should.

so: how can i create a second blink ability that works?

2. prob:
i want to cast an ability that the map darkens and all heroes (except the casting one) get a visibility range of 100 or so.. how can i do that? and after that it should switch back to normal..

Level 11
Solution for your first problem:
The small-range blink is ok if you base it off Blink. For the second (teleport) spell, use Channel (a special ability in the Neutral Hostile - Hero folder i think). If you found it, set its values like:
(uhh, its hard to remember...)
Options: Visible
Follow througch time : 1
Target: Point Target

This means, you will have an ability, that can be cast only on the groun, but does nothing (exept the effects that can be set).

Now make a trigger that moves the Triggering Unit to Target Point Of Ability Being Cast.

Second:
You have to play around upgrades and triggers. (I dunno if an upgrade that we want really exists...) So search for upgrade that sets seeing range to a value.
The in the trigger:
Pick all units matching (Matching Unit is not equal to Triggering Unit) and do actions
-> Apply the upgrade (don't know how it exactly sry...)

Level 3
Make a new ability based on the Item Sight Range Bonus ability, and make the data for it a negative value. (you can make it negative by holding shift before editing the value) Then, just give that ability to the units you want to be blinded and remove it from them when the effect is over.

It'll probably work better if all units that could be hit by it have the same sight range. You can't use this to set their sight to 100, you use it make their sight 1200 less than what it was to begin with.

(This ability is an item based one, though I don't think it's listed in WEU)

Status
Not open for further replies.