• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

make trigger spell "level up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how do i go about making a triggered spell "level up" what triggers are required to do this to set the next level?
Many thanks

Level 10
sorry im new to trigger spells and im confused, the trigger works EG when condition ability being cast = warstomp, so if i want multiple level of the ability, i need to create dummy warstomps. By doing this how do i get the highest level of the ability on to ther hero bar to be able to cast? otherwise i cannot see how i can have more than 1 level for this trigger spell. ALso thanks for the very quick response

Edit: I have been looking into the triggers, so would i use the IF/THEN statement.
EG: IF warstomp = level 1 create level 1 warstomp dummy??

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You get the level of the ability using the native that returns an integer.

If you want to deal real (type) damage, you need to conver an integer to a real so that the action piece is choosable in GUI.

In JASS just use the native, store it to a local integer and then use the local when ever you want. Note that you have to pass the native a unit and ability inoder for it to work.

Level 10
ok so i looked at some other triggered spells, and i got one of my spells working, with the following, but on this particlar spell the damge isnt going up with each level

Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing (100.00 x (Real((Level of Storm Bolt111 for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Cold

Level 10
This is the problem, i understand the IF ability being cast = level 1 ability, but how do i get level 1/2/3 on the hero for the player to use.
How do i get ability level 2, when learnt to replace level 1 ability etc.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You are making no sense.

All abiltieis stay the same for all levels. Certain affects of an ability increase or decrease or change depending on the level of the abilitiy. You do not need to destroy the ability and remake it for each level.

You know, telling us what ability you are trying to make may be useful, as then we know what you are after slightly better.

Level 10
sorry i should have mentioned that earlier :) im trying to do a "charge" attack stunning the attacked enemy. I have the charge, and the stun working but cannot get the ability to cause any damage. So i am trying o use theis trigger for the damage per level, but it isnt working.
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (100.00 x (Real((Level of Charge (Triggers) for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Cold

Also i take it you cannot apply damage usuing the ability directly?
Thanks again

Level 10
EDIT: no worrys problem solved, thanks very much for the help

Attachments

• charge.w3x
    19.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.