• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make inconsistent status for models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Welcome to the Ujimasa Hoj- I mean substandard model section, a place where the vast majority of models have just inconsistent changes and aren't broken, but are still considered substandard.
I say make a separated category where all the models which work properly in game but don't have that much work put in them can be placed, because lets be serious some models are far too useful and respected to be considered substandard

This sounds like a really good idea!

As a user, I'd like to know if a model is Ujimasa-substandard (useful but situational. Great for variation! Trivial to see the source model/animations) or broken-substandard (I'd rather avoid!).

I'd guess that Substandard would have to co-exist until further notice (because old models would require to be re-classified to new categories and that's time-consuming).
I don't think that classifying everything currently sub-standard as Broken or Simple Edits is a good idea.

That's my input to this topic :)

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This and so many other topics speaks directly to all those who say "what's in a name? 'substandard' as a title doesn't really mean anything bad, nor does it misdirect.". I am far from the first to raise this clarion call; this topic/user will be far from the last.

I have long been a proponent of this, though in a somewhat-more elegant manner: simply renaming "Substandard" to anything else. Suggestions abound (can't find them now), but the point is there's already a section for incomplete/broken/ripped/etc models; "Awaiting Update" and/or "Rejected".

That all being said, I think topics like this might be a bit unnecessary at this point; based on a number of posts from Mods, I believe a complete restructuring/renaming of the Model sections is imminent & with that, we should finally be rid of the curse of "Substandard".

Believe me, no one will be happier for the likes of Ujimasa Hojo. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.