• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

make a doodad roll on a straight platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Can i make a doodad roll on a straight platform?For example,when i place a tree on a straight platform the angle between the tree and the ground is 90 degrees.Can i make the angle,lets say,45 degrees without deforming the ground?

Level 5
Yeah, it's possible to do that. Go to the destructible/doodad that you want to change the angle, look for Art - Max Roll Angle and hold Shift and set it to -45 to make it 45 degrees from the ground. You can also do it with Art - Maximum Pitch Angle, but it's pretty much the same thing.

Level 21
Yes you can. Go to the object editor, then create a new doodad based on your tree. There are 2 fields named "Maximum pitch angle" and "maximum roll angle". I'm not sure which one of those you need to modify (I think roll angle), but when you enter a negative value (press shift - make sure negative real values are allowed in WE), every doodad of this type you place on the map will be rolled for a certain angle. For instance: changing the value into -3.14 (pi) will turn the doodad upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.