• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magma Lord v2.03

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A short battle against Frost lord and pitlords,now with good living terrain!.Can Magma lord survive?. you will see in the cinematic :p.

Keywords:
Lords,Magma,Frost,Pitlords.
Contents

Magma Lord v2.03 (Map)

Reviews
15:52, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Use Epicwar to upload such low quality maps, Rejected.

M

15:52, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Use Epicwar to upload such low quality maps, Rejected.

Level 17
Magma Lord is a cinematic depicting a battle between an Ice Lord, a Magma Lord, and two Pit Lords.

The below text may contain spoilers.

The map started off fast, with the two elemental lords engaging it battle. The characters weren't developed beforehand, so it seemed they were just fighting for the sake of it. The battle's scripting was done terribly, with special effect spam, and boring camera work. For a large part of the cinematic, characters were standing in one position, waiting to be struck by their foe. Having characters dodge a few attacks would've been a lot better.

After the arrival of the pit lords, the cinematic became even worse. Apparently the magma lord is unable to turn around, despite knowing the pit lord has just vanished. I for one, would at least take a full 360 degrees look. He's also deaf; being unable to hear the pitlord running behind him. I'm sure anything that size would make a lot of sound when it moves.

The dialog was probably on par with the rest of the cinematic, which isn't a good thing. Grammatical errors and unrespectable dialogue are not exceptable.

Rating: 1.4 and not recommended for approval.

My Recommendations:

Improve the description of the map.
Remove such obvious flaws based on pure logic. This includes instances such as the immobility of the characters, and the illogical actions of the magma lord.
Improve the camera work. It definitely needs more movement. Because of the lack of any form of character development or worthwhile dialogue, the camera work takes a large role. After all, battle cinematics are about the action.

Level 31
Septimus i know you don't like my maps. but i wanna see other people what they say ...

Not because I don't like your map, but is because

1) You don't read the rules.
2) You don't fix the flaws upon being told.
3) We have map development and cinematic section where you can get feedback for your cinematic.

This section is not for incomplete work or map that are done at under 20 minutes. Want feedback, use the forums. Forums are not for decoration.