• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Magical Dominance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys, i was sort of got bored trying to think of an ability idea for one of my Heros. maybe you can help me make the leap.

It will be for my Human Archmage hero. and it will be replacing his Brilliance Aura.
i want it to be both passive and active.

so reading this name Magical Dominance what type of idea does it come to your minds ?

Level 39
Steals a beneficial spell cast on an enemy every X second and instead casts it on the hero. While toggled on this effect cannot occur. While on cooldown the spell cannot be toggled on.

Toggle effect: drain a small amount of mana per second. Enemy units that cast spells under this effect must pay additional tribute by sacrificing Y% of the cost as health too. Units killed by this effect give proper gold, xp, and credit to the aura owner.

Level 14
When not activated it hits units casting within range dealing damage and when activated it becomes just like the faerie dragon ability?
Or like illumination aura(with lower values) but when used you give temporary mana shield to nearby units and raise their mana temporarily(and lose the illumination aura effect until the cool-down elapse)?
Or yet an ability that increase the duration of allied caster spells and with an activation that refresh the cooldown of the spells of the archmage(at the cost of losing the aura effect temporarily?)(so you can now massively mass teleport)

Last edited:
Level 28
Passive: The Archmage clouds the mind of his enemies, reducing their effectiveness. All enemy units in X radius of the Archmage have their movement and attack speed reduced by (50%/[number of enemies in range])

Active: The Archmage pits his will against a single enemy. While the effect is active, target unit's movement and attackspeed is reduced by 50%, can miss in combat, and loses X mana every second. While the effect is active, the Archmage has reduced mana regen and attackspeed.

Level 17
Thanks Pyrogasm, noob and cleavinghammer. all of your advice sparked interesting ideas for me that are useful both for my Archmage and other future heros. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.