1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Altered Melee] Magical Dominance

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Storm Knight, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi guys, i was sort of got bored trying to think of an ability idea for one of my Heros. maybe you can help me make the leap.

It will be for my Human Archmage hero. and it will be replacing his Brilliance Aura.
    i want it to be both passive and active.

so reading this name Magical Dominance what type of idea does it come to your minds ?

2. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Steals a beneficial spell cast on an enemy every X second and instead casts it on the hero. While toggled on this effect cannot occur. While on cooldown the spell cannot be toggled on.

Toggle effect: drain a small amount of mana per second. Enemy units that cast spells under this effect must pay additional tribute by sacrificing Y% of the cost as health too. Units killed by this effect give proper gold, xp, and credit to the aura owner.

3. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    When not activated it hits units casting within range dealing damage and when activated it becomes just like the faerie dragon ability?
    Or like illumination aura(with lower values) but when used you give temporary mana shield to nearby units and raise their mana temporarily(and lose the illumination aura effect until the cool-down elapse)?
    Or yet an ability that increase the duration of allied caster spells and with an activation that refresh the cooldown of the spells of the archmage(at the cost of losing the aura effect temporarily?)(so you can now massively mass teleport)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  4. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Passive: The Archmage clouds the mind of his enemies, reducing their effectiveness. All enemy units in X radius of the Archmage have their movement and attack speed reduced by (50%/[number of enemies in range])

Active: The Archmage pits his will against a single enemy. While the effect is active, target unit's movement and attackspeed is reduced by 50%, can miss in combat, and loses X mana every second. While the effect is active, the Archmage has reduced mana regen and attackspeed.

5. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Pyrogasm, noob and cleavinghammer. all of your advice sparked interesting ideas for me that are useful both for my Archmage and other future heros. :)

6. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    good ideas