• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magic Wars

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Magic Wars

Basic Info:
Players: 2v2
Gold Mines: 8 (1 for each player and 4 to expand)
Tileset: Dalaran

Description:
You found yourself locked in combat against your opponents. Team up, expand, kill powerful creatures, obtain powerful items and destroy your enemies!

Notes
My first melee map that I uploaded to the Hive. It's basically 2v2 map that focuses on teamwork. Ai is standard melee.

228927-albums6424-picture69704.png

Keywords:
Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team, Magic, Wars, Team
Contents

Magic Wars (Map)

Reviews
20:30, 30th May 2013 Orcnet:

M

20:30, 30th May 2013
Orcnet:
Hell_Master;2350144 said:
Hey there, played your map and I must say this needs alot of works and improvements. Here is my review:

Magic Wars Review
[+] Good Points:
-Resources are properly putted in the map

[-] Bad Points:
-Terrain looks bad and needs alot of work. Terrain is so empty, you could have at least add some more doodads to add details. Even the seas are so empty, you could have add some maybe destroyed ships and sea related doodads and destructibles. Mixing of tiles is so bad....
-Map lacks Shop and only Gold Mines are here
-Player positiioning looks good as I can see this is 2v2
-Creep are so overpowered mostly in the middle. Weaken them a bit... some of them
-So few creeps. Add some more!

[] Suggestions:
-Improve terrain. Tips were said above.
-Add more buidlings such as Merchants.
-Add some wak creeps or weaken some of them and also dont make creeps blockw ways but make creep camps.
-Few creeps. Add more. A player wouldnt reach level 10 with this few creeps.
Overall, badly executed melee map with bad terrain, no offense but this is not really approvable at this state. Rated 1/5 and voting for Pending until Improevements were done!

Level 9
hi there i saw your map and i think

good things
-im sorry but i have to put this emty

things i would question
-map to simple form
-to much emty space with water, you could expand the game play
-for the form of the map, this isnt for 4 players, in a free for all, you have the enemy rigth there, with out barriers, you can go and attack with the peons, a human will win against a nigth elf, militia win on wisp
-second bases without a single tree of wood
-creeps are to near between then, so they will attack in all, making them not a green creep, an orange
-you put 16 doads in this map
-no markets, markets give a good experience
-only one way to attack the enemy

resuming, this map cant work as a free for all, to much water space,and to simple

i think, you have much to improve and keep working
this is a map that it has been done in 20-60 mins
Because it isn't really for a free for all, it's meant to be teamwork. And the extra 4 gold mines are basically just like the map Gold Rush, made by Blizzard. And what's wrong with 16 doodads in the map? So basically your review has lots of mistakes.

Level 30
Hey there, played your map and I must say this needs alot of works and improvements. Here is my review:

Magic Wars Review
[+] Good Points:

[-] Bad Points:
-Terrain looks bad and needs alot of work. Terrain is so empty, you could have at least add some more doodads to add details. Even the seas are so empty, you could have add some maybe destroyed ships and sea related doodads and destructibles. Mixing of tiles is so bad....
-Creep are so overpowered mostly in the middle. Weaken them a bit... some of them

[] Suggestions:
-Add some wak creeps or weaken some of them and also dont make creeps blockw ways but make creep camps.
Overall, badly executed melee map with bad terrain, no offense but this is not really approvable at this state. Rated 1/5 and voting for Pending until Improevements were done!

Level 14

Magic Wars Review
[+] Good Points:

[-] Bad Points:

[] Suggestions:

if i were you would have voited for rejection
oh well good thing i am not you
Sorry map maker XD

Level 32
this is the third time i said this and i will say it till death,
a map that can be played not only as team battle, also as free for all, it will be better than only team battle
and not everithing in blizzard is good, they also put the mines locked by trees, and for the AI thats useless, they arent that smart for build a mill and log the trees and if they are nigth elfs, forget it.
so i dont follow blizzards maps without question.

16 doodas it means the map is not well decorated, its very empty
this map can be made in 30-60 mins of work, so you can make 10 of this maps in a day, to simple

SCN's Counter Review

A map should not have to have different alliance scenarios. Like the author said, it should be two versus two.

Blizzard is an example, but you do not always have to follow examples. Oh and NE buildings can destroy trees + AI use zeppelins a lot.

I totally agree with 16 doodads in the map besides destructible trees is not what melee maps should have. Placing more doodads but not to crowded is what should be done.

Yes, work on the map if you don't want it to be rejected. Happy hiveworkshmodding