• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Magic robes crafting recipes ideas

Level 21
Hi Hivers

Quick explain, in my map Wizard, Druid, Warlock and Necromancers uses Robes made of certain fabrics which has to be "crafted" by player, those fabrics are made by combining it with certain items.

Example: Magic shard + Fabric = Magic fabric
Example: Leaves + Fabric = Nature fabric

I dont have any idea for the Warlock robes

32211.jpg

Im looking for some ideas for the other fabric crafting recipes please

Level 11
Depends on what kind of Warlock it is, I guess.

If it's a "Demon Warlock" like what you'll most commonly see the title associated with, maybe something like a "Demon Horn" or "Demon Blood" that can only be accessed by summoning/fighting Demons. Could be ritualistic to becoming a Warlock.

If it's something like an "Eldritch Warlock", then maybe some sort of "Black Mold" or "Writhing Thorn" (I think associating fungus with Eldritch Horror is interesting).

If it's a "Holy Warlock" it could be silver or holy water or something.

"Celestial Warlock" could be "Fallen Stars" or "Star Dust".

Level 21
Depends on what kind of Warlock it is, I guess.

If it's a "Demon Warlock" like what you'll most commonly see the title associated with, maybe something like a "Demon Horn" or "Demon Blood" that can only be accessed by summoning/fighting Demons. Could be ritualistic to becoming a Warlock.

If it's something like an "Eldritch Warlock", then maybe some sort of "Black Mold" or "Writhing Thorn" (I think associating fungus with Eldritch Horror is interesting).

If it's a "Holy Warlock" it could be silver or holy water or something.

"Celestial Warlock" could be "Fallen Stars" or "Star Dust".
Warlock
Its a demon warlock like, Demon Horn idea is AMAZING, Demon Ashes could be good too, can you please gimme some more ideas please?

Wizard
Yooo my wizard is literally related with "space"(star/cosmic/stellar) stuff so Star Dust could be good too, im gonna think about it.

-

Also
Any idea for the other ones? the Druid n the Necro? 🥺🥺

Level 11
Warlock:
  • Demon Ash (Maybe Spawns from certain Warlock spells? Ash caused by Demon fire).
  • Unholy Page (Page of an ancient Demon-summoning book. The long-forgotten symbols drawn on it are carved into the fabric).
  • Nightmare Dust (Black dust that appears in the eyes of someone who had a nightmare).

Wizard:
  • Cosmic Strands (Strands of the universe. Maybe created in the aftermath of certain spells?)
  • Solar Vial (A special vial infused with sunlight over thousands of years. The sunlight is infused with the fabric).

Druid:
  • Elder Sap (Tree Sap from an old tree. The fabric is glazed with this to piece together the robes).
  • Moss (Regular old moss plucked from a tree. Works in a pinch).
  • Spring Water (Water from a clearspring. Slowly dripped into the fabric to enchant it).

Necromancer:
  • Gravestone Piece (Piece of an old gravestone, grinded up into dust to be infused with the fabric).
  • Withered Branch (Unlife is not just to do with humans and animals. Also grinded up to be infused with the fabric).

This is all I've got for now. I'll try to think of some more.

Level 20
nature : the most obvious is animal pelts, and body parts can also be sewn in the robes. You can be thematic with them : shell pieces gets you armor, feet increases your speed, talons your damage etc.
or for more magical nature : pixie dust, mushroom from a fairy ring

demon : stone/chalk/paint from a summoning pentacle, sulfur/brimstone, piece of a devil's contract (reverse of in warhammer 40k where humans have sacred texts on their armors)

space : moonstone, star metal

necro : ectoplasm (left by a ghost), piece of a banshee's dress, vampire fang, piece of a grim reaper's scythe

Level 39
Why do you need a different item? Every recipe could be “(generic) fabric + SOMETHING”, which would accomplish the same thing with fewer unique items. Why have 10 unique items that can be combined in 100 different ways, but only 20 of those combinations make something?

Level 21
Why do you need a different item? Every recipe could be “(generic) fabric + SOMETHING”, which would accomplish the same thing with fewer unique items. Why have 10 unique items that can be combined in 100 different ways, but only 20 of those combinations make something?
Because every hero-type has 5 "starting robes" which only gives good stats n every robe is better that the last one, after these 5 u need to start using the true good, rare and hard to get ones.

Example
Magic robes (stats +1
Arcane robes (stats +5
Mystic robes (stats +15
Celestial robes (stats +30
Astral robes (stats +50

Then u have to get the good ones

Cosmic robes (stats +70 and 20% of not consuming mp when casting spells
-
Stellar robes (stats +70 and 20% chances to deal a critical magic attack
-
Nebula robes (stats +70, mp regen and dmg increased if your mp is over 80%
-
Starlord robes (stats +80, max mp increased, spells deals AoE dmg and spells cooldown reduced 25%

@Pyrogasm @Armelior_is_back @FeelMyRash @cleavinghammer

Last edited:
Level 11
Good ideas guys, can you help to make something like a tier list? Dont need to think about what do robes do, just need mainly tier list names like how i did with the Wizard

Magic fabric > Arcane fabric > Mystic fabric > Celestial fabric > Astral fabric
- Warlock:
Charred Fabric - Ashen Fabric - Scorched Fabric - Burning Fabric - Hellfire Fabric

- Druid:
Nature Fabric (Flora might sound better if it's solely plant-based) - Root Fabric - Spring Fabric - Life Fabric - Eternal Fabric

- Necromancer:
Dark Fabric - Dusk Fabric - Nightfall Fabric - Shadow Fabric - Void Fabric