1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Magic is kinda old......

Discussion in 'Magic the Gathering: SC' started by chenlimin, May 4, 2008.

1. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why do you guys make magic maps, why not use duel master instead? I think wizards (The maker of magic and duel master) already give up on magic.

2. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, Magic is still growing. Wizards recently released the god-only-knows-which series Morningtide and Shadowmoor, and Magic Online 3 (I haven't played in quite a while, I had to look up the names :p )

3. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    gauntlet, you freak me out. Why are you always replying to my threads? Am i wanted or something?

4. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    ROFLMAO MTG DYING??? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while... It is the #1 selling card game although it did get surpassed by Yu-gi-oh for a while. It always returns to the #1 best. (Pokemon also beat it for 4 months)

5. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heh, coincidence I guess.

6. AmadiTheGreat

AmadiTheGreat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I not likes me sum 2000/2000 criitures. Me liek to haev simpel numbars liek 2/2 insteed, i not can conut all thoze zeroez.

No really, i sigged that for hilariousness if I didn't feel like you posted that seriously. That's like saying Wizards gave up on D&D. Magic makes money, a crapton of money. They're not gonna give up a few billions of income.

Also, Duelmaster is for kiddos, MtG is for real men. And real men play blue.

7. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL Real men play Blue. LOL LOL (Not disagreeing or agreeing... I myself have mostly blue decks but I find it funny how most blue mages think they are superior to others)

My favorite colors are red and blue. :O I absolutely love the elementals!!! =D
    Thank goodness they are finally really balancing the sets.. No more Ravager decks in standard ZOMG!

8. Rvsoldier

Rvsoldier

Resources:
    Resources:
    Green/White player myself >.>; MTG won't ever die lol. Its already been around for a while. I don't remember pokemon ever beating it >.>, thats kinda sad imo.

As for a duel masters map, that wouldn't be bad. That game was pretty fun despite being a simplified magic with some twists XD.

9. Anarki

Anarki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fag, go hide behind your precious Counterspells.

SAPROLINGS FOR THE WIN!

10. Anduril

Anduril

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh no! I just used Wrath of God! Your field DIED!
    If only you could have countered it.......
    Blue is really good, there is no mistaking that

Magic will never die, it's just too huge.
    And the best part is that they keep making new mechanics and new ideas to make the game balanced. So it's still growing, even now

11. turaak

turaak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Goblins Are Best

12. Anduril

Anduril

Resources:
    Resources:
    You people and your Creature-based decks! I give up. At least use Faeries.

13. turaak

turaak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Goblins are best because they are most flexible creatures ever made.u can kill,counter,fuck,eat and shit them and they will still kick ass!

14. Anduril

Anduril

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh REALLY?
    Wrath of God
    Damnation
    Ghostly Prison (Murders Goblins. What do you do if I have three of them in play? You'll SIT IN A CORNER AND CRY BECAUSE RED CAN'T DO ANYTHING AGAINST ENCHANTMENTS)
    Starfall
    Any other mass removal which gives me time to get large blockers up
    White Weenies with which to block a rush (Goblins usually don't trample)
    What if I'm running red, too, and play Goblin Pyromancer? All your (and my, but presumably you have more) Goblins get +3/+0. Then, at end of turn, THEY ALL DIE, leaving you open to my Elementals/whatever the heck I have in play to attack you (because I use more than just Goblins)
    If I can survive an initial rush (which I can), what do you have left? Cheap, little goblins. Good in numbers, but not when I have big blockers (like, over 5 mana cards)
    I will then have larger, better spells and creatures with which to block, kill, and win.
    Sorry, man. Goblins can be really good, but they aren't the best. Nothing is "the best." Don't go saying that. There is more than one way to win. The game is balanced. Goblins can be beaten.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  15. turaak

turaak

Resources:
    Resources:
    i use pyromancer xD
    goblins are USED to die.u MUST sacrifice them to work properly.and i can easily break threw ANY defense with my Bedlam...
    I can easily get rid of your pyromancer with my sparksmiths and Gempalm Incinirators.I am not afraid of global destructions at all cause i can return them to play without problem and you are right about enchantments...they are my biggest enemy... *cry*
    lol, i feel much better now ^^

EDIT:
    ofc they can be beaten, EVERY deck can but Goblins are most flexible creatures in MTG ever made and NOONE can disagree.

EDIT2:
    "If I can survive an initial rush (which I can)" -.-
    are u aware of goblins power...lets say i have ONLY 5 goblins and 1 lookout. i sacrifice him and all my goblins attack for 20. i can have 1 pyromancer and Kiki or Kiki and Siege-Gang...i can make goblins like mad and i play bedlam or final fortune and that is it...so don't say "If I can survive an initial rush (which I can)"

16. Alleycat5

Alleycat5

Resources:
    Resources:
    o_O I prefer Green/Blue myself but Red/Blue If you have the right cards and strategies worls wonders.

17. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    all i say now when we are still talking about Goblins is

Goblin King

18. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Razorbrain, goblin king don't help, goblins don't need +1/+1 to ensure their victory (To expensive).

Right now i'm making a blue black deck, making you able to get a 20/20 in second or third round with flying and that are instructible, and i dont use tinker at all. (Can't be counted either)

19. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well, it was a long time since ive played magic, so things might have changed :p

20. turaak

turaak

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol,if u want fast paced deck that wins in second round check this out!

Creatures
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    4 Crookshank Kobolds
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Shield Sphere

Spells
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Mystical Tutor
    3 Vitalizing Wind

Enchantments
    2 Concordant Crossroads

Artifacts
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Slate of Ancestry

Lands
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Tropical Island

deck has soooo old cards =P but you can make proxy deck just for fun...this decks wins in 2nd or 3rd round,and i guess u can imagine how it works