1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Magic (Demo)

Submitted by tyeeeee1
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a Demo for a campaign im Working on, for the demo it includes 3 cinamatic levels and 1 level where you can play. It was origionally 30 MB but one fo the maps wouldent load ingame unless it was below 4 MB... yeah the quality of the 3rd map was thrown down verry badly, but still looks good to me.

Includes:

-4 Maps
-20 or so min of cinamatics
-extremly reduced file size (One map was 20 mb but i had to bring it down to 4 so it would work)
-Almost no glitches (I tested the maps alot, whell all except the first one)
-15-20 min of gameplay (Without cinamatics)
-some custom models
-a few outher things i cant think of right now

In Final Version:

-10 maps 1 hour of cinamatics
-5+ hours of gameplay
-custom loading screens (one for every map)
-many more custom models

Fixed
-Margret dosent have night elf names
-Terrain looks a bit better to me
-Fixed a ton of spelling errors
-Fixed bladestorm so its hotkey is P instead of B
-Remade The Crash (It now has music, a few sec longer and a bit better)
-Redid the main storyline in part 3 The River
-Fixed tigger where err nvm that will ruin part of the story...

Made by-Tyeeeee1
Cinamatic Help-greasontim

Keywords:
magic campaign world of warcraft tyeeeee1 greasontim cinamatic custom
Contents

Magic (Demo) (Campaign)

Reviews
15:44, 1st Jan 2009 Rui: Reports of bad quality. Two 1/5 ratings appear to confirm that. Rejected.
  1. 15:44, 1st Jan 2009
    Rui:
    Reports of bad quality. Two 1/5 ratings appear to confirm that. [highlight]Rejected[/highlight].

2. lief1

lief1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did not like it.
    -you called it "magic" and i saw almost no magic in it
    -In the cinematic were the ships crashes Margret says "...Who i am I?" then in the she suddenly knows here name when that persona asks her
    -Tool tips need fixing
    -The game says shes a Margret named Kira Star sum thing (forget the exact name)
    -Her hero icon sucks
    -She recovers from amnesia in 10 minutes, while it is possible in life it don't make good plot
    -In cinematic many times some sentences flashed by to fast to read
    -creeps way to easy to kill
    -Cinematic takes up entire map and is only a few minutes long
    -So much empty space
    -Main hero starts with nothing, while secondary hero has 2 ok items

3. leet.firefox

leet.firefox

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is this? A demo is supposed to make people excited about your game, not bored and confused. This needs some major work. First cinematic is waaaaay too long, second is too short, game play is boring and empty, bonus cinematic was lame.

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    leet.firefox and lief1 i recommend you to make your own maps before u judge so harshly trust me its for the best of you...
    on-topic: Ill dl and comment latter.!

5. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    anything bad about the cinamatics?

6. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, credit the creators of the Custom Models, please.

7. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think he does in (chapter one during the cut scene)

8. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    O-well, he should @Hive too.

9. tyeeeee1

tyeeeee1

Resources:
    Resources:
    -First name i came up with, might keep it the same maby not (Youil see =) )
    -Ok you got a point there, dont worry il fix it within the week.
    -*****FIXED******
    -Its a few hours later (I belive i said that somewhere)
    -Hmm... il ask greasontim to check that out.
    -Yeah i didnt want it to be to challenging, or to easy. Its possible to die if you accadentally pull alot of mobs or dont use the spells to their full ability (It will be harder in full release.)
    -If u watch all of the cinamatics its 10-15 min (I reccomend watching them ALL)
    -Yeah sux that map will only load if at 4 mb i was planning to put part 5 and 4 together, but it would have gon up to 40 mb
    -Whell... she was in a shipwreck, kinda hard not to losse things after that (Dont worry im gicing her a starting item soon!)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  10. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It isn't necessary to learn how to mapping before judging a person map. That is what I called critique. As long as their critique have valid point and not too hostile, it is fine.

Hmm, I would download and try to have a look.

11. lief1

lief1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i have made maps before, i just have not posted them on this site

12. tyeeeee1

tyeeeee1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Il be sending greasontim the unprotected maps so he/she can check and makesure i did all the cinamatics right, (Im pritty sure there all working, not sure about opening cinamatic tho), whell any way, from the critique up there i might change the story so the amnesia includes her name, or. i may add an item (a locket or something) that she starts out with saying her name on it.

hmm... might as well throw this in, i was thinking at school (yes its extremly boring damn math ruining my day) for the 5-7th levels il probly put another cinamatic including something to do with the mage, a big fortress, burning towns some new characters, and **** ****** ********* ******** ****** *******!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  13. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why sending to greasontim, and not the map-mod, Septimus? >.<

14. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Septimus yes but a critique need to be with a strong point so if someone makes this thing like i did u can defend yourself! And it is NECESSARY to learn mapping to judge a map so u know the basics and the difference between good/bad map.! i mean read & think of the posts above me.

15. onyxja

onyxja

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't like that you take up a 30% of map with things.And you could set the first and the second and the third together.

And whats whith the magick you could do a campaign but no custom magick thats just dumb.And your city/village terrain is the worst i seen on a long time.

16. tyeeeee1

tyeeeee1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah its not supposto be a city/ village, its a port for ships, see the big battle ships and outher ones in the harbour?, and i sent it to greasontim because he/she fixed the cinamatics 4 me.

On a side note, why do cinamatic levels not laod when there above 4mb?
    (if its a higher cap plz tell me i had to get rid of haf map 3 because of size)

17. leet.firefox

leet.firefox

Resources:
    Resources:
    knight26, First of all I have made maps before. Second, I was merely stating my opinion, I was not being harsh I was being truthful. I do not believe in babying people, for if they settle for mediocre then they will never reach their full potential. Spare the rod, spoil the designer.

18. tyeeeee1

tyeeeee1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whell if 1/10,000 people like my campaign il still be happy that someone found it good.

19. leet.firefox

leet.firefox

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not saying I didn't like it. I am just saying it can use some improvement. It's a good start and a good idea, and I am eager to see where it goes.