• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MAGE ISLAND A SHADOW RIZES DOD inc 12.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Mage Island A shadow rises
map%20banner.jpg

I just got an idea, which I believe will go big... I have played many RPGs, and I asked myself... What are they all missing... here I have the answers, and I want to combine them In 1 single map...

The Heros... The optimal number for heroes is between 10 and 12... this way everyone can have a different experience, and the chances are, that the heroes can be developed into masterful combat machines

THE HEROS
All Players start with the most basic Hero. It is the apprentice...
Apprentice
spells:Magic bolt, Mana sphere, Magic Shield
May NOT learn spells or upgrade them
Does NOT get a pet
Proficient with all types of armor

The Mage is only used to explore the basic parts of the world... At level 4 your Hero will change, and you can choose one of the advanced heros... Don't bother getting any items, because you will not get them back when you upgrade heroes...

Upgraded Heroes:
Sorcerer Group:
Sorcerers are skilled damage casters as well as fighters... if there are any Melee fighters, then they can be found in this group. The Sorcerers are the deadliest on direct attack, because they have the heaviest Damage dealing capacity of any Magic group...

True Sorcerer
-The True Sorcerer is the most basic and yet the most versatile Sorcerer hero that can be played
-Spells: Sorcerers Spell Book, Sorcerers Book of Power, Power Bolt, Summon Sorcerers Demon
-Can learn spells and upgrade them.
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of armor except heavy

Elemental Rampager
-The Elemental Rampager is a masterful elemental caster, that summons a horde of creatures to overrun any enemy... Eventually the Rampager Can even Go into a rampage.
-Spells: Elemental Spell Book, Rampagers Book of Spells, Power Bolt, Summon Sorcerers Demon
-Can Learn Spells and upgrade Them
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of armor

Sorcerer of Chaos
-The Sorcerer of Chaos is the ultimate damage dealing caster of the Sorcerer group... unlike the Rampager and the True Sorcerer, the Sorcerer of Chaos has no potential to buff, defend, or heal... A true Destructive machine of chaos
-Spells: Chaos principles, Book of Chaos, Power Bolt, Summon Sorcerer Demon
-Can Learn Spells and Upgrade Them
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of armor

Wizard Group:
Wizards are pure Brain Machines... they learn an ocean of spells, but cannot complete them with as much devastation as the Sorcerers or Mages... For Wizards it is important to constantly buy potions, spells, and scrolls...

Lore Master
-The Lore Master is a master of spells... Of all the heroes, His Intelligence is unmatched... He has little damage potential, but is an expert of rounded spells
-Spells: Spell Book of Lore, Book of Ancient Lore, The Secret Lore, Summon Animal Companion
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of light armor only

Hydromancer
-The Hydromancer is master of water... his true power lies in the power of the water... He can create a downpour of water powers, that can protect him, and crush the enemies in a flood...
-Spells: The River Book, The Book of Falls, The Tsunami Teachings, Summon
Animal Companion
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types light armor only

Necromancer
-The Necromancer is the master of death... his true power is revealed when the battle becomes bloody... being able to spawn of an ocean of dead servants is only the beginning... The necromancer is the only hero with the power to kill a creature with a single shot
-Spells: The Book of Passage, Book of the Dead, The Book of the Damned, Summon Animal Companion
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of armor except for Heavy

Mage Group:
The Mage group are a mix of both, and are often used as support heroes, because they can fight and some of them can also heal and tank... The Mage Group is the most versatile and most difficult to play, but they eventually prove to be experts in battle...

Warmage
-The Warmage is the greatest Tank of all the Mages... His power Is Limited as far as spells go, but he is very strong, and unlike all other casters, he gets his damage capacity from agility in stead of intelligence...
-Spells: Tales of War, Book of Blood and War, Power Bolt, Summon Magical beast
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of armor and gets bonus

Lost Soul Mage
-The Lost Soul Mage is truly a lost soul... He has no Pet, no summoning spells, and is a sad wander seeking a cold and miserable ending... master of shadows and disappearance... His true power is unleashed at night...unless healed, he regenerates health only at night
-Spells: Principles of the Soul, Book of Immortality, Plead, Shadow Screech
-Can not summon Pets
-Proficient with no type of armor except specially designed ones

Geomancer
-As Geomancer, one must become a master of runes... A Geomancer learns to summon runes that heal or damage, so it is important to have your inventory clear.
-Spells: Book of Runes, The Ancient Craft of Writing, The Book of Symbols, Summon Magical Beast
-Can summon Pets
-Proficient with all types of Armor

The Items... The problem with the items in all games is this... I cannot relate to them... I want items that I like... some funny ones, some junky ones, and basically ones that I can get attached to... So, what is needed, is simply Items that have abilities, or a long quest...
Thousands can be created, but at least some Heart is needed to really connect to the game...

The Item System:
In this game I use a crazy amount of Items, that are easy to relate to, and are easy to use... I also want to make 3 types of armor... and a working system in which the heros are allowed to use certain types of armor only... and only piece of armor at a time(logic)

So in this system what I want to be doing is setting up a system in which the armor types are set to a certain level, and characters can only pick up a new item if they do not already carry an item of that level and type
Levels:
0-Potions and scrolls
1-Weapon
2-Shield, Totem, or Wand
3-Boots
4-Gloves
5-Helms
6-Cape
7- ---undecided--- (any ideas?)

8-Light Armor

9-Medium Armor
10-Heavy Armor

Pets... I think Pets are Damn important... If you have a pet, it adds an entirely new dimension to the game... best is, if you have a pet that can be summoned directly from your hero, therefore, your hero becomes the "mothership" for all your storyline needs...

The Pet system is simple... If you want to have a new pet, then you simply go to a pet master, and upgrade your pet summoning spell into whatever kind you like... there are three different types of pets, and it is important that one chooses a hero, not just with the intention to control him, but also with the focus to develop a pet from the selected branch

Pet Types:

Sorcerer's Demon:
The Demons that Sorcerers have are the only source of aid they can find, since a sorcerer is almost always a miserable healer... The demons are capable casters, that are able to keep the master in one piece when it gets rough

Animal Companion:
Animal Companions are fixed, and cannot develop... they are simply powerful creatures that support the wizard with protection and in rare cases, they can support with damage spells... Animal Companions do not take part in combat, and therefore cannot fight...

Magical Beast:
Magical Beasts are truely magical... they are very powerful, and aid most as a second hand in combat... they have a lot of hit points, and get stronger with the caster's level...

Quests... Quests need to be interesting multi step complex designs that are not simply: kill 20 goblins
If you want to make a good RPG, make sure that there is a benefit to quests, and this doesn't simply mean gold and xp, but new quests, secret areas, and possibly new pet abilities...

(If you have any ideas for quests, please post ^^)

Storyline... A good Storyline is essential to your game, and what is perhaps most important is an intro movie... that's right... An intro movie is very important, simply, because so far of all the games I have played, only the ones with a good Intro movie really caught me...

What is an RPG... Wikipedia says: A role-playing game (RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within the game succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.
This means that characters must make choices in the game... If possible make a system in which players can gain ore loose reputation... this is very important if you want to create a feeling of importance for the characters...

THE SCREENSHOTS

This is a picture of the world map
100684d1302519354-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-map.jpg

A pic of the forgotten tower... here you level up and start with second grade hero
100685d1302519354-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041111_142514_02.jpg

the ocean
100686d1302519354-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041111_142709_04.jpg

The True sorcerer casting chain lightning level 2 ^^
100687d1302519354-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041111_142909_10.jpg

Waterfall
100833d1302845273-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041411_210529_01.jpg

Cave
100834d1302845273-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041411_210702_03.jpg

house view of ocean
100835d1302845442-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041411_210731_04.jpg

forest cave
100836d1302845442-mage-island-v1-0-0-shadow-rises-wc3scrnshot_041411_210822_05.jpg

We need someone for icon editing... its very important

No modellers.... this map is meant to be on original models only, and maybe when it is done, we make a modelled version of it...
-----------------------------------------------
Current process:

[||||||||||]Heroes 10%
[||||||||||]Terrain 70%
[||||||||||]Doodads 20%
[||||||||||]Items 0%
[
||||||||||]Mobs 8%
[
||||||||||]Spells 9%
[
||||||||||]Pets 0%
[
||||||||||]Quests 0%
[||||||||||]Triggers 10%

Will post first game version once:
Heroes at 100%
Terrain at 100%
Doodads at 70%
Items at 50%
Mobs at 50%
Spells at 80%
Pets at 80%
Quests at 30%
Triggers at 70%

good.. so that will help i plan to have 500 items in the final final version...
so we need 200
system works like this:
all heros have a total of 7 atribute points at first (strength/agility/intelligence)
depending on the style of character, the points are alocated
example: true sorcerrer: Str 2 Agi 2 Int 3
this goes for all casters except apprentice (1;1;1)

Every hero has 3 sets... each is hard to come by... each set has 4 pieces... no weapons, rods, wands, or totems included...
there is the basic set: can be worn after level 15
there is the caster set: can be worn after level 35
and finally the epic set: can be worn after level 60
for each of the heros there are 3 sets... all of same power, but different attributes(balanced)

for every caster group, there are 5 sets... total 15
basic - level 10
advanced - level 20
master - level 30
epic - level 40
god - level 50

there is also 10 sets for available to all heroes... the last of which requires level 100 and is the best set in the game...

in total that is already:
9heros x 3sets x 4 items = 108
3groups x 5sets x 4 items = 60
10sets x 4items = 40
TOTAL = 40+60+108 = 208 items

that is a total of 208 set items not including weapons and potions
then there will be 100-200 weapons
about 40 potions healing/mana/buff
and finally i want to include a few single use wands gems and totems

thats all there is to the items...

Then we have the spells
they require less work, but are also a big chunk...
about 51 - 76 spells for each hero, of which many are shared with other heros from the same group... about 500 spells are needed
pet spells I want to have about 50 that means 50 pets

mobs are quite few, because i wish to keep the dinamics around the heros and the items... there will be 2-5 mobs in each area that means about 30 or 40 mobs... and about 20 bosses

that means, we need the following
400 items(not including misc items and quest items)
550 spells
50 creeps
9 heros

quests will be made once the rest is done... which will take some time...
i plan to be done in end of may 1 1/2 months...
lots of work is needed, so we still need 1 or 2 people...
no more than 4...

Editing version only available to team members

Project members:

Harmjanz - main
Blindman - executive

Slogan
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -- General George Patton

Alright... please stay tuned, I will keep editing this post, and I hope you guys get interested... I plan to spend months on this...
Soon I will Post some more Shots from the map...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.