• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mafia 1.55

Mafia is just like the party game; there are mafia and there are townies - one side wants the other to die.
I have started to "Protect" this map, to offer security to myself and compressing the size even more.

Each day, the players vote on someone to lynch.
Each night, the players carry out their special abilities (if they have one). I.E. The mafia will kill their target, the doctor will heal his target, etc.

This is a game of mystery, deceit, and social manipulation, in order to survive and achieve victory.

Features:
1. Currently 22 roles and counting
2. Seven variants and counting (normal, c9, godfather, metro, texas, haunted, custom)
3. Polished and well-tested gameplay
4. Custom chat systems, including after-death observer chat and for certain roles, nighttime chat
5. Immersive and adaptive environment

I've had a fair deal of creative license with these roles in order to make them work together in the greatest amount of ways possible.
Mafia Independent Undead Cult Town

Mafia Member: The standard bad guy. Talks to the other mafia at night and helps decide who to kill.
Townie: The standard good guy. Completely average and plain in every way.
Cop: Picks one person each night to check. Detects mafia alignment and independent/suspicious alignment, but cannot detect undead or cult alignment.
Doctor: Picks one person each night to protect from one attempted kill. In other words, if two people try to kill someone whom only a single doctor protects, that person will still die.

Godfather: Commands the existing Mafia Members and can convert Recruits and Prostitutes into Mafia Members and Whores respectively. Also, he can't be killed at night except by Terrorists, and always appears to be a Townie to Cops and Detectives.
Consigliere: Becomes the Godfather if the Godfather dies. Otherwise, acts as a mafia version of the Detective.
Surgeon: A mafia version of the Doctor.
Whore: A mafia version of the Prostitute.
Serial Killer: Wants to be the only man left in the town, so he can kill someone each night.
Recruit: A Townie until he is inducted into the Mafia.
Vigilante: The avatar of civil justice. He can kill someone each night. However, he has a limited amount of ammo (the exact amount depends on a variety of factors).
Detective: An upgraded Cop. He detects the exact role of his targets rather than just alignments, and can detect all alignments/roles, except for the Godfather.
Bus Driver: A pesky bastard. He can swap two players at night, redirecting every action that targets one player to the other.
Mason: A Townie, except that he can communicate with other Masons at night.
Prostitute: The good old hooker. Can roleblock one player each night, except for Bus Drivers (action ordering issues arise otherwise). Can be converted into a Whore by the Godfather, but this only changes her alignment, not her abilities.

Terrorist: The bastard of all bastards. His goal is have everyone die, including himself. If more than one Terrorist is in the game, they can work together toward this goal, but don't communicate with each other. The Terrorist's ability is to suicide bomb someone's house, which blows up everyone who visited that player that night, including (and especially) the Terrorist who did it. People hit by Terrorist attacks cannot survive, even if targeted by doctors.
Witch: The manipulator. His goal is to be the last one alive, which is a difficult task for a role that doesn't directly kill anyone. Can force his target to target someone of the Witch's choosing. This is very powerful if used wisely.
Zombie: The main undead role. He decides, with the other Zombies, the target for a Zombie raising. If the target is killed during that night, he will instead be revived and converted into a Zombie. This ability is hard to use but can be very powerful. He cannot be healed by a Doctor/Surgeon, but can be the target of a zombie raising.
Medium: The Medium sees dead people. Literally. At night, he can communicate with the dead players.
Cursed: A Townie. Converts into a Zombie when he is first "killed" by something else, excluding Terrorist attacks.
Cultist: Like a mason, except he has his own alignment group for himself.
Cult Leader: This guy turns anyone (except the undead, Cursed, Witches, Terrorists, or the Godfather) into a Cultist every night. He hears everything the Cultists say at night, but cannot speak back to them, meaning his identity is kept secret from them.

Bonus command: ".will TEXT" to write a last will that is displayed when you die.

1.55: Fixed the Medium slightly, fixed a couple other things. Added dynamic intro text (it no longer assumes that it's town vs mafia).

1.54: Fixed a Vigilante and a Bus Driver bug.

1.53: Fixed catastrophic Cult Leader and randomization bugs.

1.52: Several minor changes regarding many things, including the Vigilante and the Witch. Cultist and Cult Leader added. Haunted variant added.

1.50-1.51: Intermediate testing versions.

1.49: A few more quick fixes.

1.48: Quick fix and such.

1.47: More fixes and various under-the-hood changes, variable weather (a bunch of weather types that depend on who is winning (or not winning)), and such.

1.46: Test version.

1.45: The town's environment is living and adaptive now, and the whole setting is improved. There are many more camera angles now. The quests menu and the contents, as well as some instructions now change depending on the game's setup as to make it easier to learn and understand. Added the Medium role.

1.41-1.44: A bunch of changes and such culminating in bugs that needed to be fixed.

1.40: Some problems regarding witch/prostitute relations, and the failure-to-walk-back bug resolved.

1.39: Bugfixes, more general stuff I think, and Witch added.

1.35-1.38: I forget what happened...

1.34: Fixed a couple things; added slot shuffle; everyone's slot (position/color combo) is swapped around - meaning if you were red/host to begin with, you might end up as gray or blue, or whatever. The setup of the map remains the same however, as it starts with color red on the right and goes counterclockwise to brown, so it doesn't confuse anyone.

1.32-1.33: Intermediate test versions.

1.31: Even more problems, etc, fixed. Vigilante now has a limited amount of "kills" in the game. The number varies based on what the setup is.

1.30: Intermediate test version.

1.29: Hotfix for zombies.

1.28: A lot of bugs fixed, minor polishings, etc. Zombie and Cursed role options added. Custom music deleted due to neccessity.

1.21-1.27: A lot of intermediate fixings and such.

1.20 X: Compressed version; Download Here.

1.20: Quite a few bugfixes and minor changes.

1.19: Where all the bugs I know of are fixed! Anyway, the main addition to this is each player has a house behind him (can be blown up by the terrorist), and the players can walk around during the no-vote period during the day.

1.15-1.18: Even more intermediate versions with a shitload of amazingly horrible and hilarious bugs.

1.14: Eighth version today; even more bugs fixed. Hopefully there aren't any more left.

1.13: Terrorist bugs fixed.

1.12: Even more bugs fixed.

1.10-1.11: Intermediate versions.

1.09: Several bugs fixed, many many terrorist bugs fixed. Keep in mind the terrorist kills everyone who targets that player on that night, including the player if he didn't do anything.

1.08: Hopefully fixed a macintosh crash bug, and fixed the win condition bug.

1.07: Added Whore and Terrorist. The terrorist was a tough bitch to make. Also, several bugs are fixed.

1.06: Yet another bus bug is fixed, but this time at least it didn't affect gameplay.

1.05: Way too many versions today. This time, a potentially disastrous bug regarding the surgeon was fixed.

1.04: Several major bugs fixed.

1.03: Hotfixed a serious issue relating to voting WHILE DEAD.

1.02: Fixed a bug relating to buses.

1.01: Fixed a rare but critical group of bugs relating to doctors.

1.00: A couple of bugs fixed. Surgeon added, loading screen turned black, new ending music added.

0.99: A bug relating to the consigliere fixed.

0.98: A couple long-running bugs with voting and something else finally fixed.

0.97: Intermediate version with few real changes.

0.96: More bugs fixed.

0.95: Some bugs fixed.

0.94: Several newly-caused bugs fixed, along with the infamous "bus" bug. Hopefully prostitute ordering is arranged better now.

0.93: Metro variant added (equal parts Serial Killer, Prostitute, and Bus Driver), new hit-by-the-bus death scenario in cases where you kill yourself by targeting someone whom a bus driver swapped had with you (somewhat confusing, I know). New sound scheme added for some things. A couple bugs fixed.

0.01-0.92: Lots of stuff.

0.00: Yes, I did start at this number and I worked up one at a time. I.E. Version 1.00 is the 101st version.

Keywords:
mafia, party, real, life, town, village, town, doctor, cop, prostitute, bus, driver, zombie, card, card game
Contents

Mafia 1.55 (Map)

Level 1
I wouldn't do such a terrible thing, Rev. I'm just a law abiding citizen. These silly moderators are just banning me because I said I'm sorry in all caps. Pretty terrible, if you ask me. I then apologized again for getting banned, and then they banned me once more!

Level 4
Awesome map 5/5 i had a bug to report but you might have fixed it with shuffleing the bug is that orange and red always seemed to be on the same side as mafia was kinda of anoying.
but i do think more classes would be good :p.
maybe a ghoul or something which activly hunts down ppl and turns them into zombies but it might be a bit op. more types of cop would be cool instead of just detective like maybe a prison guard which can put people he finds guilty in prison for a turn also probally a bit op o_O. Maybe mafia should get drug dealer which is like godfather expect without the power of being like invincble at night time and the power to order mafia members around so basicly he can recruit people using drug debts :p.
these are just some crude ideas probally not worth adding but might give you conspects to think about ;o

Last edited:
Level 12
Lemming, is that a starcraft painel for a marine or something? Anyway, it is seems to be. It is also the char painel of undead assault II navy corpsman... oh well. Shuffling is a REALLY nice idea, since people target red every time. And answer me goddamnit, we played Golfcraft on the other day. And you was losing xD ( or is it you were losing? Since it is he is, you are, then propably it is he was and you were... I forgot it now. )

edit: Forgot to add a 5/5 rating. There you go... What are the zombies/cursed role? I tried to play Mafia yesterday but couldn't. Afternoon players don't play Mafia. Or at least usualy. In my 6 player game today the leaver was a cursed guy, but nothing happened at all...

Level 4
hmm the picture was all i could find and im a w.o at ua2 so i thought it would suit i wanted a rat icon o_O but they have all critters expect rat anyway i would just like to say i personaly think the ideas are stupid o_O but atm evil/neutral always seems to win. i think good needs something which they can hmm well sort of group round but group round carefuly because atm mafia just get good to fight among themselves and pick them off 1 by 1 at night, vigilante is the only real threat to mafia and he cant harm godfather and he usally gets killed or voted out. i think the game is good atm but good need something to actually make them more of a either combound threat or tougher. tired of seeing red/pink/gray victorys. only threat to mafia is lynching and if your cleaver enough for example once i tried to recruit detective by mistake and the next mourning i just told all he was godfather before he could tell them i was godfather and they lynched him. but then the mafia had a big enough majority to win all the votes so we won.

Level 4
i dont think i put to many non townies in i usally put in 2 mafia and 1 serialkiller. and all the rest differnt types of townie :eek:.
also the probelm where i always seem to be mafia/serial killer still continues im either very lucky/unlucky maybe thats why red / pink seem to win alot :p still i only seen 1 green victory.
maybe you could include something that is like a percentage balance scale to make it easier to choose even teams. no idea if its even possible but might be something useful

Level 12
Lemming, the host gave you a bad set. 2 mafia members, even if there are 12 players, is just enough. 2 more killers (vigilante and serial killer, etc) and the rest is townies or one surgeon and one whore, etc. And Dark, you didn't said what the cursed ones/zombies role is...

edit: we posted almost at the same time :O

Level 13
You may want to read the quests menu in the game. If you choose "custom", all of the roles in the game and their explanations are in the quests menu.

Anyway, Cursed become a zombie if they are killed at night. Zombies work sort of like the mafia in that they talk with each other at night, and they vote on a target. Their target does not die; the target becomes a zombie if he just so happens to be killed that night. You can "heal" other zombies this way, if you're really good/lucky.

Level 12
thankya. By the way Dark.Revenant, when the heck do you enter? You're never online when I do. The only times you entered, it was night. Usualy late night. You're a stud or something? Cuz it should explain it. Oh well. Hope you like strategy games if you enter today (friday)

Level 2
Guys .. could we please form a Group to play? because i cant find ppl who want to play with me .. the randoms are all leaving or not even staying ingame to start .. im fine with Garena or something .. just making a set time and all play a game together?

Level 4
maybe you could make a new townie which is a cyborg which auto revives if it dies at night and maybe the mafia get one which is an android o_O? or maybe the robots kill the first person that trys to tk them at night o_O that way they dont just get killed again them following night

Level 13
I find that hard to believe. In the triggers there is a very simple boolean comparison for this. Essentially it means "if the target has the role of godfather, he does not die". It's in all of the kill triggers, except the terrorist one. I seriously doubt it would just fail all of a sudden, especially since it's ALWAYS worked for me.

Level 4
cult leader is op XD dont see why anyone would want to add more cultists to him but medium is cool :). i would like something like witch but more like an alien sort of thing which is allowed to kill one player and that player is then possessed and he cant talk through it maybe not alien but maybe a ghost which would fit into the undead theme

Edit: maybe he can only possess cursed which i belive is an under used role.

Edit2: oh yea isnt 3 mafia - 2 townies a majority cause it doesnt just end there they still have to vote its kinda stupid o_O

Level 1
I have a suggestion.....

Scout, spec ops, spy whatever you wanna call it he can tell what house a person goes 2 on a night by the whole -blue -red -etc system. He would be alligned with the town most likely. Rename it if u wish the names not important.

Last edited:
Level 12
I've just read the almighty MAFIA WIKI. You could get some ideas from there.

I liked two main ideas.

Sanity levels of Doctor and Cop

Sane-Normal

Insane-Revert results. Which means revert allignment and chance to KILL instead of protecting.

Naive-Always get innocent results/can't protect at all.

Paranoid-Always get guilty results/protect AND roleblock.

Doctor extra variants:

Weak- Die if protects a non-town

CPR Doctor (I liked this one): Kills the target if no one target any action on him.

And the second idea... my favorite.

THE PARANOID GUN OWNER!! Kills anyone that target him. Be a doctor, a roleblocker, ANYTHING. MWAHAWHWHWHAWAH. If more than one target him that night, he will just kill one person, preferrably random.
Edit: The level of sanity is not revealed to the player. The host may or may not activate sanity levels. Check Mafia Wiki and get moar information from there o/

Edit: The power of the TOWNIE is finally revealed! Modify the description of townies to fit something like this: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Be_a_Good_Townie

So that people use it more.

Last edited:

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I think you should shorten the wait interval a bit when a mode has been chosen. I experience twice that players left before the flow of information was over. I don't know the reason, but I guess they were too impatient.

Otherwise a great map I would also like to see in SC2.

Level 12
cool game, you get a 5/5 from me

it's a fun game to play if you're in a group with relatively competent players, otherwise it's pretty much a guessing game riddled with 14 year olds. seriously, i just recently played a round of Mafia with a bunch of prepubescent "ECKS DEE"-ing twits who probably had no idea what they were doing, pretty much lynching whoever they were told to

i got lynched the second day for calling the host a moron (unironically under the name "Chuck Norris") for making some stupidly biased setup -- a lynch on the first day was pretty much the townie's best option, but the tard host didn't see that through his supremely retarded logic and continuously called me a noob (he even admitted he was 14 haha)

clearly democracy doesn't work well with 12 year olds. you're pretty much the first kill if you say anything remotely smart, so remind me to spam emotes next game and lynch at random, it'll probably do me good. but yeah, it's not like i'm suggesting this game is bad -- it's always the community that screws up anything good which really annoys me. again, 5/5 from me

Level 13
The shock here isn't that my game is often ruined by immature bastards; truth be told, I am genuinely surprised that I can get good pub'ed games of Mafia at all. A map like this shouldn't work in WarCraft III, period. The WarCraft interface completely contradicts what a Mafia game's setup should be, and it certainly doesn't mix well with the Battle.net playerbase.

Somehow, though, I do get good games out of public hosting, surprisingly often. I really don't know how I managed to get this game to a point where it can be played by the general Bnet public, especially so relatively quickly from when I started production. I don't know, maybe I silently leveled up to 99 in interface design.

Level 12
Dark.Revenant, is, INDEED, Dark.Revenant, one of the greatest mappers around. Even if you don't want or believe in the success, it still makes success (in most cases at the very least). For example: the said-to-be-flawed Phase Killer is in some periods hosted a LOT.

Level 3
Hey dark revenant, would you allow me to translate this game to my language? (brazillian portuguese)

Please, answer ^^

Level 1
I also remembered when I played it the first time.Was so fun,even though it was a public match,a full match of 12 where only one leaved.I was a fool to protect someone while that someone killed me duh...
I recommend this to be played with friends,members of the clan,whatever you name it cause most of the time you get some 13 year olds who leave,and if not,they insult then leave.
EDIT: Meet me on garena,same nickname.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello, may I ask what server you play on? I have a couple of suggestions about this map that me and my friends play VERY often and would love to see some happen or not. We are on U.S East my screen name is Alucard Vanguard. Would love to hear back from you if you still edit.

Level 1
hello dark revenant just wanna say ur mafia is so cool n i love it i always host it on garena n many people actually come to like it... I really wish u would still updating it... more roles like on starcraft 2 mafia.... from ur fan on southeastasia..
oh yeah mafia have to have mafia member to kill other guy tis is kind of disturbing when the only mafia left is whore... coz she cant kill anyone... godfather n consileger too is tat supposed to happen? n i wish more roles from sc2 port to wc3 like jailor janitor disguiser jester =D

Last edited: