• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Macro won't get executed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I think I'm getting the same error, fresh install of Sharpcraft but on a map I have worked on and saved with sharpcraft before. I was using windows 7 when it worked and now windows 10.

Attachments

• object merger.PNG
    object merger.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 150

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
I'll see if I can dig into it, but it's likely caused by Blizzard changing how the MPQs work. War3patch.mpq doesn't hold the information it used to.

One thing you can try is create is rename war3patch.mpq => war3patch.original.mpq and then make a copy of war3x.mpq and name the copy war3patch.mpq.

This might fix the issue, since war3x.mpq now has all the war3patch.mpq files.

Level 6
I'll see if I can dig into it, but it's likely caused by Blizzard changing how the MPQs work. War3patch.mpq doesn't hold the information it used to.

One thing you can try is create is rename war3patch.mpq => war3patch.original.mpq and then make a copy of war3x.mpq and name the copy war3patch.mpq.

Didn't work for me unfortunately, got the same error message.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just changed the files in the wrong directory. That fix does seem to work.

Last edited:
Level 4
Same here. Works perfectly on my old vJass/Zinc map except for

Code:
//! external ObjectMerger

2018-03-16.png

My Settings

bug-report.png

WEX Version:

Both 0.1.2.9 and 0.1.3.0-FIX

D:\Applications\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

Warcraft 3 Version

1.28.5.7680 (Chinese simplified) Genuine

Fresh install, no other plugins installed, no other troublesome non-English mods/plugins installed. Compiles and works on my non-English vJass/Zinc map.

D:\Applications\Warcraft III

OS

Windows 10 Pro 1709

MindWorX said:

Does not fix it in my case.

Level 4
Can this be used directly inside WE ? If not then this issue is still important and is a problem for anyone trying to use Object Merger.
No, it just build w3a w3h w3u ... files from json or parse w3x files into json. You still have to import the w3* files into your map on your own.

So, Object Merger still needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.