• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mac WE Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all,

I was talking with Hakeem and Donut3.5 on chat earlier and I figured out that I could not set values (such as Lumber Cost) higher by holding shift and clicking because I am using my mac with OSX(10.4.11). I was wondering if there are any Mac users out there that found a way around this, or if I just save the game to my external and boot it up on my PC and set the values i need to will that work? Thanks in advance for any help!

Burning-Roses

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I recently got my MacBook Pro and would like to figure this out with you. But I have a question. What would you need to use shift for? You want extremely high lumber cost? Cause I am sure I can easily customize object values.
Also.
You say you have an external. What filesystem do you use for it? I know fat32 is good for sharing files on PC/MAC/LINUX but I don't like the 4GB filesize limit. What do you use?

Level 1
Ralle,
Yes, i the highest lumber cost is 100,000 and i need it to go up to 400,000. As for my external, you should look into a Western Digital HD. WD's usually work on both Mac's and PC's. I actually have a 1TB network drive so it is extremely easy to transfer files between computers. PM me if you have any more questions about them!

Donut3.5,
Which .mpq's text files are you referring to? I have like 5 or 6 on my HD right now. And how would I access the .txt files? Those are sealed inside of the .mpq aren't they?

Thanks

Burning-Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.